PDA

View Full Version : Why I bought a FORD

BALLSDEEP
01-10-2003, 08:51 PM
Here is a picture taken at Glamis over Thanksgiving weekend. This truck was trying to pull out a stuck motorhome. If I was the owner of the truck, I would be pissed!!! I am all about the solid axl front end on my powerstroke!
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/pic19169.JPG

TRG
01-10-2003, 09:20 PM
I would'nt purchase anything with the "f" word on it. Im a firm believer that every gentleman should own a bowtie... or two....lmao well maybe when... pig_flyi

RiverGypsy
01-10-2003, 09:29 PM
OH My! That had to hurt the owner. But, motorhome stuck in sand? Must have had too many cocktails earlier that day. :confused:
[ January 10, 2003, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: RiverGypsy ]

NEW 2 RIVER
01-10-2003, 09:34 PM
Looks like a brand ne truck
I wonder if his warranty will cover that?
:confused:

Jrocket
01-10-2003, 09:36 PM
FORD http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/happy/happy03.gif

MOPAR2YA
01-10-2003, 09:38 PM
gotta love it

jet4fun
01-10-2003, 09:39 PM
as much as i love chevys i gotta agree with you on the solid axle thing, i think its really dumb the hd's dont have one... i currently have a yukon, and am planning on a solid axle swap soon. i sure wish i didnt have to bother.
on a side note: just out of curiosity what broke? if it was something in the steering wouldnt it have been just as propable to break on a solid axle as well?

MOPAR2YA
01-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Looks like a tie rod end?

Mandelon
01-10-2003, 11:03 PM
Uh....isn't that a little too much toe-in????? eek! eek!

HammerDown
01-11-2003, 06:20 AM
I may be wrong here...but thats gonna be hell on tire wear...

O.B eddie
01-11-2003, 06:34 AM
Balls deep must be his boyfreinds in his m#$%h if he loves a ford and furthermore that powerstroke is an oil leakin piece of s#$t I bought one it spent more time in the shop than my garage. Cup holder broke the first month I had it JUNK JUNK JUNK...

JetBoatRich
01-11-2003, 08:23 AM
Pigeon Toe on a truck? :D

Jordy
01-11-2003, 09:17 AM
I just love this picture: :D :D :D
http://members.aol.com/jordy1996/images/fords%20suck2.jpg

Jordy
01-11-2003, 09:19 AM
Oh, and that is my Chevy pulling two Powerstrokes, with one pulling a 5th wheel toybox at Glamis. :D :D :D
[ January 11, 2003, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: jordanpaulk ]

JetBoatRich
01-11-2003, 09:24 AM
It is pretty cool no matter what it is pulling, two at a time.

Jordy
01-11-2003, 09:25 AM
JetBoatRich:
It is pretty cool no matter what it is pulling, two at a time. But they just happened to be Fords, so I had to get the camera out for that... :D

JetBoatRich
01-11-2003, 09:36 AM
jordanpaulk:
JetBoatRich:
It is pretty cool no matter what it is pulling, two at a time. But they just happened to be Fords, so I had to get the camera out for that... :D Can't miss those photo OPS

superdave013
01-11-2003, 12:39 PM
Well, my 2,001 Surban is an iol burning POS. It has the 8.1 engine and Chevy says it's ok for it to use 1 Qt of oil every 2,000 miles. Mine goes through that much in about 3,500 miles so GM says its ok???
It broke a push rod when I first got it and has had trans troubles 3 times.
Now I just bought a '93 F150 just to have a beater truck around. That thing has 195,000 miles on it and runs great. ****er uses less oil then the Surban by far. And it only cost me 2,200 bucks.
In my 20's I had a lil Ranger that was all built up with Currie 9" front and rear. The engine was bone stock. I got over 300,000 miles on it before I sold it. That truck went way way above the call of duity time after time. It pulled a few full size turcks of every make and modle in it's day.

beer hunter
01-11-2003, 01:09 PM
superdave013:
Well, my 2,001 Surban is an iol burning POS. It has the 8.1 engine and Chevy says it's ok for it to use 1 Qt of oil every 2,000 miles. Mine goes through that much in about 3,500 miles so GM says its ok???
Now I just bought a '93 F150 just to have a beater truck around. That thing has 195,000 miles on it and runs great. ****er uses less oil then the Surban by far. And it only cost me 2,200 bucks.
In my 20's I had a lil Ranger that was all built up with Currie 9" front and rear. The engine was bone stock. I got over 300,000 miles on it before I sold it. That truck went way way above the call of duity time after time. It pulled a few full size turcks of every make and modle in it's day.

beer hunter
01-11-2003, 01:17 PM
superdave013:
In my 20's I had a lil Ranger that was all built up with Currie 9" front and rear. The engine was bone stock. I got over 300,000 miles on it before I sold it. That truck went way way above the call of duity time after time. It pulled a few full size turcks of every make and modle in it's day. Super D , I and other friends have had similar experiences with Chevy trucks/SUV's . I've owned fords every senses and have had no problems however, I wouldn't consider putting Ford power in my boat. Just my .02 :D

BALLSDEEP
01-11-2003, 01:26 PM
jordanpaulk:
I just love this picture: :D :D :D
http://members.aol.com/jordy1996/images/fords%20suck2.jpg I dont know.... I can barely see the tow rope. What I think is happening in this picture is the guy in the next camp with the red powerstroke is doing all the work pulling out the toy box. And your chevy is just kinda in the way of traffic!!!

BALLSDEEP
01-11-2003, 01:30 PM
O.B eddie:
Balls deep must be his boyfreinds in his m#$%h if he loves a ford and furthermore that powerstroke is an oil leakin piece of s#$t I bought one it spent more time in the shop than my garage. Cup holder broke the first month I had it JUNK JUNK JUNK... Who the **** is this guy?? As far as it leaking oil I am sure your a retard and didn't tighten the drain plug all the way!!!

BALLSDEEP
01-11-2003, 01:44 PM
I gotta tell you all, I owned a older Chevy back in the day and at that time I was a firm believer in only Chevy and then one day I saw the light...I was tired of it always breaking down on me. It wasn't very reliable towing back and forth to the river. It was the kinda truck were you left for the river at 4 in the morning for fear of overheating while pulling the boat. The kinda truck when you went up the big grades in the middle of the desert the A/C went off the heater went on and the windows came down. After one of those weekends, I went and looked at the Dodge and the Ford diesels. A week or so after that I went and ordered my Ford. I couldn't be happier. Nothing better than towing with family and friends in 1 truck with 35's getting 18 miles to the gallon with the A/C on in the middle of the desert. I looked at the Dodges and like them, but at that time I wanted a crew cab and Dodge didn't offer that. Now I look at Dodge's crew cab and I think it's pretty weak.... I think all they did was add doors to the extra cab and called it a 4 door crew cab. My friend just bought a new Dodge truck and it's not that comfortable in those back seats... just my 2 cents

Jordy
01-11-2003, 02:11 PM
BALLSDEEP:
I dont know.... I can barely see the tow rope. What I think is happening in this picture is the guy in the next camp with the red powerstroke is doing all the work pulling out the toy box. And your chevy is just kinda in the way of traffic!!! That's pretty funny. Keep telling yourself that too. :D They tried it with just the red crew-cab and didn't get anywhere. That's when the big blue Chevy came to the rescue and led the parade. :D :D :D

Jrocket
01-11-2003, 02:27 PM
jordanpaulk:
BALLSDEEP:
I dont know.... I can barely see the tow rope. What I think is happening in this picture is the guy in the next camp with the red powerstroke is doing all the work pulling out the toy box. And your chevy is just kinda in the way of traffic!!! That's pretty funny. Keep telling yourself that too. :D They tried it with just the red crew-cab and didn't get anywhere. That's when the big blue Chevy came to the rescue and led the parade. :D :D :D Jordy I think you got lucky on that one!! Im thinking its more of the Ford guys didnt know what they were doing and you just happened to be there at the right time.You cant honestly think that chevy has more pull than a Power Stroke? :D Id put everything on the table that those Ford boys didnt air down and had no clue.....Ill give ya an "A" for defending the old chevy though!!!!! :D

Jordy
01-11-2003, 02:33 PM
Jrocket:
Jordy I think you got lucky on that one!! Ill give ya an "A" for defending the old chevy though!!!!! :D I'll take luck any day of the week, especially in an occasion like this. I just happened to have a camera nearby and said, "get a shot of this" so here we are. Had it been another couple of Chevys I probably wouldn't have taken that picture, but this on just worked out perfect. :D :D :D
BTW, I really don't have anything against Fords, my dad has driven them as long as I can remember and my stepmom's father is a retired Ford engineer. I've just always driven Chevy's. Maybe just to spite them. :D

Jrocket
01-11-2003, 02:36 PM
jordanpaulk:
Jrocket:
Jordy I think you got lucky on that one!! Ill give ya an "A" for defending the old chevy though!!!!! :D I'll take luck any day of the week, especially in an occasion like this. I just happened to have a camera nearby and said, "get a shot of this" so here we are. Had it been another couple of Chevys I probably wouldn't have taken that picture, but this on just worked out perfect. :D :D :D
BTW, I really don't have anything against Fords, my dad has driven them as long as I can remember and my stepmom's father is a retired Ford engineer. I've just always driven Chevy's. Maybe just to spite them. :D Sometimes bragging rights are the best things to have!! Im not knocking you or your truck,I would of done the same thing...maybe even a poster for the group to see everytime they come over to the house!!!!! :D :D

H2Oaddict
01-11-2003, 04:54 PM
jordanpaulk:
BALLSDEEP:
I dont know.... I can barely see the tow rope. What I think is happening in this picture is the guy in the next camp with the red powerstroke is doing all the work pulling out the toy box. And your chevy is just kinda in the way of traffic!!! That's pretty funny. Keep telling yourself that too. :D They tried it with just the red crew-cab and didn't get anywhere. That's when the big blue Chevy came to the rescue and led the parade. :D :D :D Looks to me that it would have been the same results if the red Ford was in front of the blue Chevy, the truck wth the toybox was stuck so bad it needed 2 trucks to pull it out period. Or did you try to pull him out with just the Chevy?

JetBoatRich
01-11-2003, 05:38 PM
I wonder if the Chevy driver new what he was doing when he hooked up? wink

BigBoyToys
01-11-2003, 05:42 PM
Chevy all the way.... nice Pic there Jordan.
i've also pulled a few Fords out in my day, and have NEVER been towed by a Ford (or anything else) :D

teambnr
01-12-2003, 12:52 AM
Yea Jordon, Looks like a photo opp. I would'nt leave the pavement with that POS chevy. What's it got, 10x15x31 tires on it? If you did help them it must of been as an anchor. You stuck it and they winched against you. LOL :D :D

Jordy
01-12-2003, 06:26 AM
teambnr:
Yea Jordon, Looks like a photo opp. I would'nt leave the pavement with that POS chevy. What's it got, 10x15x31 tires on it? If you did help them it must of been as an anchor. You stuck it and they winched against you. LOL :D :D That "POS" Chevy has been out in the dunes and pulled broken rails back in, from the little dunes before the big bowls. It's also launched jet skis off the beach in Rocky Point, Mexico. A place where they won't cover you insurance wise if you get below the tide line. For a POS it's the best truck I've seen in the sand. That "POS" and another Chevy have pulled out motorhomes that were buried to the frame in the sand as well. As far as tire size, they're a bit bigger than 31x10.50/15's as it's a one-ton. :D :D
p.s. If you're going to try and flame me and my "POS" truck, at least try and have the intelligence to spell my name right, especially when you are quoting it.
[ January 12, 2003, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: jordanpaulk ]

Raskal
01-12-2003, 07:26 PM
i love my chevy smile_sp but i have pulled out a crew cab with my old little 4 bagger toy in glamis it was pretty funny

Raskal
01-12-2003, 07:28 PM
oh yah i would be pissed off at the guy that did my lift if that was my gmc burningm

DARE2BBARE
01-12-2003, 08:59 PM
nothing wrong with a chevy my last was an 88 blazer I had 308k on the 1st motor, it was stolen at 365k it never left me stranded. Now I have a Ford I thought i never would have a Ford but I can't complain.

hack job
01-12-2003, 10:55 PM
superdave013:
In my 20's I had a lil Ranger that was all built up with Currie 9" front and rear. The engine was bone stock. I got over 300,000 miles on it before I sold it. That truck went way way above the call of duity time after time. It pulled a few full size turcks of every make and modle in it's day. iamwith dave i have my ford and it has run great it even beat a sertian 2500 hd that i know. ( 2 bucks didnt get you there any faster pal.) but i had a buddy that towed out a dodge (4x4) and hisa 5th wheel. and that waswith his 92 175,000 mile ranger. ford makes a hell of a truck! :D wink

Freak
01-13-2003, 04:52 AM
I have owned them all. In my opinion they all have problems.
My 98 Ram 2500 diesel - recall heaven - but it was a pulling machine.
My 00 Chevy 1500 - recalls - 4500 miles trans started to shift funny - ok I know new model.
My 02 Ford F150 currently has 3500 miles - driver side window likes to come off track - the choke sometimes doesn't work when its cold. The heater vents make funny noises when you switch them.
I don’t get pissed any more it just seems to be the way it is.
Next time - Toyota.
My fondest memory of a truck is my 72 Chevy Cheyenne Super 10. 4X4 454 with 4:10's w/working A/c. My neighbors loved it when I smoked up the 35's down the street. I should have never sold it. frown

XTRM22
01-13-2003, 06:06 AM
BigBoyToys:
Chevy all the way.... nice Pic there Jordan.
i've also pulled a few Fords out in my day, and have NEVER been towed by a Ford (or anything else) :D No Offense Dude, but if you never been towed out you've never really been offroad. My old Ford got pulled out by a Chevy, my jeep got pulled out by both a Ford and Chevy at one time or another, I never stuck my GMC, but I started being more careful in recent years. That first picture is a shame, and it probably ain't the trucks fault, those independant front suspentions aren't up to the job when you lift em (gonna get flamed here I bet) I put 117,000 miles on my GMC with the 4" lift and I had to completely rebuild the suspention twice! I'll stick to the solid front axles for all my 4wd needs from now on. Oh yeah current rig is a 01 crew cab F350 V-10 and I wouldn't trade it for anything else on the road. :D
Chuck

Seadog
01-13-2003, 06:15 AM
I am a big Ford fan. My in-laws are big on chevy. They will put less miles on and replace vehicles more often then I ever think of. They bought a 89 model. They were going to try a Ford because they like the hauling ability of my 83, but thought they were over priced. Every time they needed a load hauled, they had to call on my 83 to help out. My 91 is approaching 200k and can still haul ass. My wife uses it all the time when some hauling needs to be done. :)
[ January 13, 2003, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

THOR
01-13-2003, 06:33 AM
jordanpaulk:
Oh, and that is my Chevy pulling two Powerstrokes, with one pulling a 5th wheel toybox at Glamis. :D :D :D Its your lie Jordy, tell it how ever you want :D

VillainDave
01-13-2003, 08:46 AM
I love my FORD and I've tried all three! My dad was big on GM till my V10 F-250 went around his 8.0 GMC HD on a mountain pass pulling a 9,000lbs travel trailer !

schiada96
01-13-2003, 05:32 PM
This truck got fixed under warranty.

BALLSDEEP
01-13-2003, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by schiada96:
[QB] This truck got fixed under warranty.
Glad to hear your truck got fixed!!! That night was a bit of a blur...To much captain, and to many chromies! That was mighty generous of you to pull out that motor home as stuck as it was with your brand new truck. Me and a buddy shit a brick when we saw the front end like that. If I was the owner of that motor home I would feel a lot worse. I got that picture emailed from a friend and he got it from someone else (you know how that goes... friend of a friend an so on) I believe that was the only picture I had of your truck.

O.B eddie
01-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Hey balls in the mouth this guy is a fellow FORD owner and I can afford for the professionals to change the oil .. Didnt know the drain plug was behind the radiator thats where the POS was leakin At the cooler!!!!! As far as name calling if you are that thin skinned dont post a topic like this!!!!!

MAXIMUS
01-13-2003, 10:05 PM
O.B eddie:
Hey balls in the mouth this guy is a fellow FORD owner and I can afford for the professionals to change the oil .. Didnt know the drain plug was behind the radiator thats where the POS was leakin At the cooler!!!!! As far as name calling if you are that thin skinned dont post a topic like this!!!!! Hey now!!!! Come on wonderboy... settle down & lay off the dicks!!! Its makin ya silly...lol

blondebomber
01-14-2003, 04:38 AM
only sissies wear bowties

snappertapper
01-14-2003, 07:11 AM
thats what happens when the ever fine quadra steer decides it is giving up.

sorry dog
01-14-2003, 12:31 PM
The company I work for gives some of us company trucks to drive and I currently have a 99 Chevy 2500.
It is the most hated vehicle I have ever had to drive. It may be fullsize but the cab was designed for a midget and what's with the door handle that has broken off EVERY one of the trucks that we have. Unfortunately the motor is pretty strong so I'll have to drive it a bit longer.
I never can understand how GM lets some of this shit roll out of its doors like the Aztec, the POS 4 cylinder Fiero, Corsica, etc. Is it just me or are the new chevy trucks about as ugly as a train wreck.

BALLSDEEP
01-14-2003, 07:29 PM
I never can understand how GM lets some of this shit roll out of its doors like the Aztec, the POS 4 cylinder Fiero, Corsica, etc. Is it just me or are the new chevy trucks about as ugly as a train wreck.
You said it...f*&kin ugly, stupid and queer as a three dollar bill!!
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/tn_00IKB031116860A.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/tn_gallery_major08.JPG

schiada96
01-16-2003, 07:32 AM
BD it's not my truck. It belongs to a guy named Shane. I have a 95 chevy 3/4t 4x4 it has 140,000 miles on it no problems so far except for the ac and waterpump. Alot of those miles were towing to the river.
Snapertraper don't you know thats a 1 ton truck The trucks with quad steering is on the back axel.
You can't get that option on a 1 ton truck
I've seen a lot of tie rods break trying to do things that fords and jeeps and chevys and dodges aren't supposed to do
[ January 16, 2003, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: schiada96 ]