PDA

View Full Version : R/C help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRG
10-15-2003, 07:14 PM
i am looking for a gas powered r/c truck or buggy,... no this is a serious subject,.... i am currently working on a stadium track in my back yard and a few chosen brothers are going to be layin' the smack down on some peop's, im trying to prevent being the one being smacked down apon, so , if you can help me , big big thanks new or used!!!!!!
P/S the races will be linked via h/b.net
thanks tizzy todd

I_C_E_Y
10-15-2003, 07:17 PM
Go here: http://www.rcuniverse.com go to the forum and then ask there

faster
10-15-2003, 07:25 PM
Go pick up a stock T-Maxx at your local hobby shop. They haul ass and have been known to take a few curbs. I've got one along with about 7 buddies
[ October 15, 2003, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: faster ]

TRG
10-15-2003, 07:38 PM
well im sure that would probably help me out alot if i wanted something stock but this grudge match is going to go down in the books,... so i need to pack a punch, with something that is proven (associated)!!! still nothing? thaznks guys(galz)

I_C_E_Y
10-15-2003, 08:31 PM
I just gave you a link with over 1,000 active R/C people. I'm SURE they will answer your question in every way they can if you ask your questions where they can answer it with exact information.

BiggusJimbus
10-15-2003, 10:13 PM
Well,
If it's gonna be that serious...
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCJT3&P=0#combos
But remember, you needl lots of driving practice. A fast car rarely will beat a good driver.

ROZ
10-15-2003, 10:30 PM
I have no real input, but the guy who smogs our vehicles has a few pretty sic cars... I don't know what the standard fuel is, but he has a couple cars that run off NITRO! eek! I thought it was cool...
Goodluck !

BiggusJimbus
10-15-2003, 10:33 PM
They pretty much all run on Nitro.
Anywhere from 15 - 30 percent.
That's what makes them smell so good.

75_Elim
10-15-2003, 10:52 PM
I've run the T-Maxx for a few years and it's bad ass and very fast. And now you can get the 2.1 motor in it which makes for some sick wheel stands! Let me know when you have the track ready and I'll roll all over you cars :D :D

BGMAN203
10-15-2003, 11:41 PM
damn d.p
[ October 16, 2003, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: BGMAN203 ]

BGMAN203
10-15-2003, 11:41 PM
I think my buddy Tizzodd was looking for something that you guys might have for sale. See I plan on putting the hurt on his ass real bad is his back yard once he gets a little ride. eek! So help him out, I don't wanna hear any excuses about how he lost!!! HAA :D

brianwhiteboy
10-16-2003, 05:02 AM
check this out Todd....this should deliver an ass kickin' eek!
http://www.ofna.com/titanTwin.html

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-16-2003, 05:20 AM
Associated is the top of line hands down. Check out their new Monster GT RTR (ready to run) has everything you need including radio MSRP is $839.99 but street price is around $500. I already asked Santa (g/f) for one for christmas. it has the 2.1hp .21 nitro engine and a billet aluminum frame with all aluminum carriage. no plastic like the 'other brands' hands down best bang for the buck. If you want something a little bit cheaper go with the Savage SS (around $425 street price) .25 engine but no reverse. Monster GT has 2 speed forward/2 speed reverse. It's all about how much you want to spend. IMO the Monster GT would be best bang for the buck. They are supposed to be out by end of this month. Better order now because they will sell out fast!!!!
Omega
p.s. Monster GT will run over a Tmaxx 1/8th scale.

Ntwotrance
10-16-2003, 06:21 AM
Or you could just go with the HPI Savage .25, will give you some tips here though...2 speed? throw it out the window, your tranny on a 2 speed will get trashed, ask any pro and they'll tell you the same thing (yes, I race for HPI and Mrs.Ntwotrance works for them). If you're really wanting to throw the smack down on them though, and now you'll see I'm not pushing HPI, go with the OFNA Titan Twin .26, if you have that kind of cash. I've seen these things run, and they flat out scream, not to many others can touch it. The only problem with them is handling, so you'd better know how to drive before you buy one of these, or you'll just be throwing your money away. HPI Savage can give you what you seem to be after, and can be tuned to give you max performance, then the rest is all up to you. Just my .02

Eric455
10-16-2003, 07:07 AM
todd, if you hav not found one yet. a buddy of mine is selling his brand new never started RC-10 gt. full race motor, tricked out suspention... ect.. lots of goodies. call him he told me hes selling it. 714-2090390 bruce.

cyclone
10-16-2003, 07:49 AM
can i convert my electric RC10T3 stadium truck to gas? how much would this cost? I never drive the thing because its slow and the batteries die to quick. But if todd's building a track and i had a gas truck i might have to come to his house and play.

Ntwotrance
10-16-2003, 08:02 AM
cyclone:
can i convert my electric RC10T3 stadium truck to gas? how much would this cost? I never drive the thing because its slow and the batteries die to quick. But if todd's building a track and i had a gas truck i might have to come to his house and play. No, the RC10T3 isn't set up to handle a gas engine.

RVRKID
10-16-2003, 08:08 AM
I have a friend who races 8 scale that is selling one of his RC10's. If you are interested let me know.

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
10-16-2003, 08:10 AM
Ntwotrance:
Or you could just go with the HPI Savage .25, will give you some tips here though...2 speed? throw it out the window, your tranny on a 2 speed will get trashed, ask any pro and they'll tell you the same thing (yes, I race for HPI and Mrs.Ntwotrance works for them). If you're really wanting to throw the smack down on them though, and now you'll see I'm not pushing HPI, go with the OFNA Titan Twin .26, if you have that kind of cash. I've seen these things run, and they flat out scream, not to many others can touch it. The only problem with them is handling, so you'd better know how to drive before you buy one of these, or you'll just be throwing your money away. HPI Savage can give you what you seem to be after, and can be tuned to give you max performance, then the rest is all up to you. Just my .02 It's my understanding that the Savage SS is basicacally the .25 w/adjustable steering. Is this correct. my buddy just bought an SS and it is awesome. has the 2 speed tranny though. hauls balls and is more stable on jumps than the Tmaxx. I guess due to the extra weight.
Omega

Ntwotrance
10-16-2003, 08:23 AM
Most racers with a 2 speed tranny, will remove it and opt for the single speed (problem being, when you go off a jump, you're tranny will basically not know what to do causing undo wear and tear on the tranny). As far as your question about the Savage SS is basicacally the .25 w/adjustable steering, that is correct plus additions to the suspension....ok, time for me to take some asprin for this hangover....

Ultra5150
10-16-2003, 08:25 AM
Sorry!! Double post
[ October 16, 2003, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Ultra5150 ]

Ultra5150
10-16-2003, 08:26 AM
I own a first generation T-maxx and the T-maxx 2.5. Once you get them dialed in, they fly. My Maxx will flip on its back if I give it full throttle from a dead stop.
Faster got me into the hobby and now i'm hooked.

cyclone
10-16-2003, 09:40 AM
todd- ebay has about 50 auctions for gas powered trucks right now. lots of rc10gt's too.

h2oski2fast
10-16-2003, 10:46 AM
I guess no one reads the tests. The T-MAXX 2.5 out ran them all. The Associated truck is nice, but I heard they have had various problems with them. The Savage has a tougher suspension, but is not as fast and doesn't corner/handle as well as the Maxx. My sis and her husband have a good size track built their backyard and we have races once a month (more during the winter). The T-Maxx dominates the track. Everyone had R/C10GTs and OFNA 1/8 buggies, till I brought my Maxx around now everyone has either T-Maxxes or Sport Maxxes.
I bought the T-Maxx because of the easy of use. Yeah, it takes a bit to learn the tuning, but the RTR and electric start is the best features ever. Also the Maxx is the most upgradable R/C truck/buggy on the market.
http://home.socal.rr.com/signfx/DSC01315.JPG
[ October 16, 2003, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: h2oski2fast ]

USMC1812
10-16-2003, 11:08 AM
I am selling this. Pretty much brand new, lots of aftermarket stuff. I bought this and built it up and then bought the boat and have not had time to play with it. These things are pretty fast!
Doug
Truck (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3149047532&ssPageName=ADME:L:DS:US:8)

BGMAN203
10-17-2003, 12:00 PM
I made the inagural laps around Grizznigs Speedway last night. Its gonna be fun and there are going to be alot of bent and broken shit!!! This will make the winter go by real fast, and expensive. So much for saving up some money for the boat.
Brian

Cheap Thrills
10-17-2003, 12:18 PM
a couple of years ago I bought a Traxxas Stampede
nitro truck never raced it but it was a blast to chase the dog arround the yard with ... :D

hack job
10-17-2003, 12:23 PM
i have a tmaxx with the 1.5 in it and it flys !!! i love it bought it on ebay a while back for like 250 or some and i has been great since then i have proably spent that on it making it tougher jumping it will hurt it .lol
now most of the stuff is metal and i bigger cooling head and better exuast. and of course i put aftermarket shocks on it. i love it play with it almost every day ( think it might be time to do a piston and sleve) lol
i know lots of people with them and they love them . i also know it can get pretty expensive like i said earlier. any how i would say the tmaxx or the savage would be a great place to start!

TRG
10-17-2003, 03:46 PM
shit!!!! i did'nt think that all of you peop's were interested in this shit!!!we may have to have elimination rounds!! the track is not yet polished, but it is gonna be "BEEFIE" bgman was over last night with the night lights on and all i have to say isthe track is tight, so tonight we are gonna loosen the turns and add a bit of "FLAYVA"!! I'll have some pics by mon.and maybe a "RIDE"
p.s. "someone better get their practice on!"