PDA

View Full Version : Lost Dog!! on Havasu

waterwitch
09-27-2003, 10:32 AM
Some friends lost their dog going
north on Lake Havasu towards the sandbar.
He flew out of the boat.
If anyone sees or hears anything,
(dead or alive) Please let me know.
It is a white huskie eskamo, that
goes by the name Nicky. He has a blue
collar, and weighs maybe 25lbs.
(small dog)
Thank you !!

clownpuncher
09-27-2003, 10:36 AM
Bummer. Did they see it fly out? Or did they notice he/she was gone when they got to the sandbar? Best of luck to y'all frown

waterwitch
09-27-2003, 11:05 AM
We didn't notice till we were half way up.
We got stuck on the main first sandbar,
and after that is when the dog flew
out.
Very sad. we spent over 4 hours going
up and down the lake looking for him.
(PS. did you know we have wild pigs?)

leibniz
09-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Retraction.
[ September 27, 2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: leibniz ]

little rowe boat
09-27-2003, 04:39 PM
That poor dog.That breaks my freakin heart.I hope someone finds nicky . cry

RVRGIRL
09-27-2003, 07:00 PM
Sorry about your dog. I live in Havasu. If I see or hear of anything I will contact you ASAP.

Hal
09-27-2003, 10:05 PM
How did he fly out of the boat. :confused: :confused: :confused:

waterwitch
09-28-2003, 01:14 PM
That is really the weird part. There was 6 of
us in the boat, and none of us saw the dog
go to the motor hatch or the swim step.
It really is
the weirdest and sadest thing!
The kids are taking it very hard.
Thanks to you all for keep your eye out and
having a sympathetic ear.
Traci

wildbillg
09-28-2003, 02:37 PM
I find it hard to believe that you would bring your dog to the lake and not watch it on the boat, with six people on the boat, im sure they were watching the kids.
I had to put one of my dogs down this week and I find it hard to believe that a boat with adults on board, had no common sence as to be aware of the wareabouts of their dog? I have never lost a dog on my boat and I had three of them. Sorry if you dont like this, but like I said Im sure someone was watching the kids, well the dog is a living beign also. I only hope the dog did not DROWNED because some did not feel nessacary to watch him/her.......
sorry if you don't like my response................
I love my dogs just like they are my kids, they are part of my family.
burningm burningm burningm burningm burningm burningm burningm burningm

limin8r
09-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Dude that was pretty cold...

Cheap Thrills
09-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Well,,,,,,, DOG GONE !!!

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-28-2003, 04:20 PM
maybe he/she got out of the boat at the sandbar. We are going up this weekend and we will also keep our eyes open. Maybe boatcop can find something out for you. sorry about the dog i hope it is found alive and well with someone local. cry

waterwitch
10-12-2003, 07:00 PM
You know it's not as though we don't feel like
crap already, but WILDBILLG feels he needs to
put his two cents in to make us feel worse.
All you had to do was say NOTHING or I am
sorry.
Next time keep your comments to yourself,
cause I don't need critisism for the likes
of you!
To the rest- thank you for your thoughts.

Boatcop
10-12-2003, 07:11 PM
I don't know if I can help, as far as the lost dog goes. That's a little out of my area.
I can help you all in the future, though.
We all carry lifejackets for ourselves and our passengers. We put our kids in them to keep them afloat if something happens.
Dogs can wander around the boat, engine hatch, swim step, etc. They've been known to jump out, if they see something interesting on shore or in the water.
Why not protect them, too? When I take my hounds on the boat, either for pleasure, work or training, they are always in a lifejacket.
$50 - $70 bucks (depending on size) is a small price to pay for making sure you bring the dog home from the river with you.
Doggy Life Jackets (http://www.gearfordogs.com/shop.cfm?groupid=Life%20Jackets)

Infomaniac
10-12-2003, 07:18 PM
Now why can't that happen to my wife. wink
Sorry I could not resist. That is terrible about the dog.

KrazyKa
10-12-2003, 08:40 PM
waterwitch:
You know it's not as though we don't feel like
crap already, but WILDBILLG feels he needs to
put his two cents in to make us feel worse.
All you had to do was say NOTHING or I am
sorry.
Next time keep your comments to yourself,
cause I don't need critisism for the likes
of you!
To the rest- thank you for your thoughts. You've got to be kidding. That's twice you've shown to be a moron in this thread. Bill was right on.

mbrown2
10-12-2003, 11:05 PM
Terrible news, and I feel terrible for the dog and kids...

MagicMtnDan
10-13-2003, 12:41 AM
Well, I see some things are sacred on the Sandbar forum...dogs.
There are usually at least 10 stupid, cold-blooded (and funny in a very sick way) posts about every subject here. Except this one. No one said the dog was gay or asked if it had big ears, etc.
Just an observation.

waterwitch
10-13-2003, 06:15 AM
KrazyKa---Did I ask for your opinion?
NO! I only asked for the people of
Havasu not Orange county to keep an
eye out. (cause this is where we live
dip shit!)
So BACK OFF MORON!
Thanks boat cop we did consider this route,
but we have also heard that the life jackets
can hinder a dog swimming.
Just hear say I guess.

JetBoatRich
10-13-2003, 07:01 AM
soory about your dog, the kids don't understand. Good luck on the search, tough area to loose anything with a current and not much of a shorline.

KrazyKa
10-13-2003, 07:23 AM
waterwitch:
dip shit!)
So BACK OFF MORON!
Dipshit is the guy posting this on a PUBLIC forum and expecting no negative responses.

waterwitch
10-13-2003, 07:27 AM
Isn't that what a PUBLIC forum is for?
To ask for help and exchange ideas?

KrazyKa
10-13-2003, 07:29 AM
waterwitch:
Isn't that what a PUBLIC forum is for?
To ask for help and exchange ideas? That's part of it - no doubt. With that understanding you had to realize some of the ideas "exchanged" would be negative.

Screaming Pete
10-13-2003, 07:33 AM
Boat Cop, Thanks for the lead on the life jacket for the dogs we just got a new puppy and he"s already planning his first trip to the river I'll make sure he's wearing protection. :cool:

Dr. Eagle
10-13-2003, 07:34 AM
KrazyKa:
waterwitch:
dip shit!)
So BACK OFF MORON!
Dipshit is the guy posting this on a PUBLIC forum and expecting no negative responses. Well, this has certainly degenerated into a steaming pile now hasn't it? It may be true that pet owners that take their pets boating have a responsibility to the pet in question. It is true that the pet should have had a flotation device, mine did when she was alive. But come on people, I think these people realize that more coulda shoulda and oughta been done, but that is as they say water under the bridge.
Things happen very quickly on the water and with the wind and engine noise it is difficult to keep track of everyone all the time. Unfortunately dogs sometimes don't make good decisions, regardless I have a feeling the same mistake will not happen again.
I have a great deal of sympathy for these folks. They have suffered the loss of a family member knowing full well the should coulda and oughtas and I am sure they feel plenty awaful about it.

wildbillg
10-13-2003, 08:59 AM
WaterWitch:
I don't live in Orange County, I live in Lake Havasu and have for a few years. Seems as you can listen to Boat Cop but not my opinion when they ARE the same opinion just worded a little different.
My dogs are a very improtant part of all the things I do, They do they same things that most do with their children. I am intitled to my opinion and how I wish to word it. If you feel that I am wrong for sharing my views on this matter then you should try and be more responsable in the actions of your life and not tell everyone of your wrong doings.
This is part of freedom of speach, you and I as everyone on this board are free to have any view on this matter they wish. My view, I feel you were neglegent in the matter of watching your family member while boating.
I do feel sorry that member is now lost, but I do not feel sorry for "YOU" I feel sorry for the poor dog who did not have a choice in his/her fate.
This is my opinion and I am intitled to it as you are to yours.

Havasu Cig
10-13-2003, 09:07 AM
wildbillg:
WaterWitch:
I don't live in Orange County, I live in Lake Havasu and have for a few years. Seems as you can listen to Boat Cop but not my opinion when they ARE the same opinion just worded a little different.
My dogs are a very improtant part of all the things I do, They do they same things that most do with their children. I am intitled to my opinion and how I wish to word it. If you feel that I am wrong for sharing my views on this matter then you should try and be more responsable in the actions of your life and not tell everyone of your wrong doings.
This is part of freedom of speach, you and I as everyone on this board are free to have any view on this matter they wish. My view, I feel you were neglegent in the matter of watching your family member while boating.
I do feel sorry that member is now lost, but I do not feel sorry for "YOU" I feel sorry for the poor dog who did not have a choice in his/her fate.
This is my opinion and I am intitled to it as you are to yours. Gotta agree with you on this one...My dogs are a part of the family, and I am always watching them when they are not confined to my house ore fenced yard. I feel sorry for the dog that probably had a terrible death. frown

waterwitch
10-13-2003, 09:13 AM
What part of this don't you wildbill and
Krazyka get?
I put the post for anyone to see it so if
they happen to be in the area and saw or
heard of a stray dog, they could contact us.
Reread the WHOLE passage if you are confused.
I have lived in Havasu my whole life and
usually the people from here are very kind,
hence the post.
This was not suppose to turn into an attack!
--So I reinnerate---if anyone should see the
dog, Please let the local pound know, or
just email me.
Thankyou

Havasu Cig
10-13-2003, 09:26 AM
I did read the entire post and I am not confused. I feel sorry for your dog, and hope by some miracle he is alive. Maybe he can find somebody that will keep an eye on him.
You have to expect some opinions when you post something like this, if not then maybe you are the one who is confused. My.02

hot_diggity_dog
10-13-2003, 09:27 AM
http://www.sensibleerection.com/images/iconic/dognose.JPG
That sucks :(
HDD :cool:

waterwitch
10-13-2003, 09:29 AM
:rolleyes:
OMG!! Let it go...

hot_diggity_dog
10-13-2003, 09:32 AM
DP :mad:
[ October 13, 2003, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: hot_diggity_dog ]

hot_diggity_dog
10-13-2003, 09:33 AM
Some friends lost their dog going
north on Lake Havasu towards the sandbar.
He flew out of the boat.
And the sad thing is that WW has to defend himself, wink when from what I can tell, it's not even his dog, but some friends he is trying to help out. eek!
Hot (Don't **** with my Furry Children wink )Diggity Dog :cool:

Mr.Havasu
10-13-2003, 09:33 AM
very sad news. I would think that if you were traveling up river on a weekend there was more than likely plenty of other boats out there and someone behind you saw what happened and picked your dog up. Why they wouldn't track you down or turn the dog in to law enforcement, I don't understand. Unless they were mad at you for driving off and decided to keep him or her. Anyway lets just hope your pup is alive.

MagicMtnDan
10-13-2003, 09:49 AM
RiverDave:
...and I don't necesarrily think it's right that others are doing it either, as I kinda view it as kicking a man when he's down. I can though, understand why the comments were made becuase when I first read the post alot of the same thoughts went through my head.
RD Lemme get this straight - are you claiming you've never, in 10,000+ posts, kicked a man when he's down? eek! eek! eek! eek!
Just wondering :D

wildbillg
10-13-2003, 10:20 AM
HMMMM...
Or you just dont answer your phone when they call ya................
HMMMMM.........................
:rolleyes: J/K :rolleyes:

XTRM22
10-13-2003, 10:32 AM
wildbillg:
HMMMM...
Or you just dont answer your phone when they call ya................
HMMMMM.........................
:rolleyes: J/K :rolleyes: Dammit WildBill! you are only allowed to go startin trouble with one person per thread. Besides which in so many words, RiverDave is agreeing with you. I didn't want to kick a guy when he was down, but I agree with you too. Now settle down, turn off the computer and Go Sell a Boat! :D :p don't make me come over there and whack your elbow. :D
Chuck

PlyaPlya22
10-13-2003, 10:50 AM
Good luck in finding Nicky!

XTRM22
10-13-2003, 10:58 AM
RiverDave:
Whatever you got to keep telling yourself to keep that "bad ass" image up Bill. :rolleyes:
RD Oh way to go RiverDave! now it'll be you and Wild Bill, WaterBalloon Launchers at dawn or some such nonsences! Oh well, at least it'll keep the thread alive in case someone finds WaterWitch's dog, without anybody taking any more shots at him. wink :p wink
Chuck

wildbillg
10-13-2003, 11:20 AM
now now dave......
I'll clarify this at the beginning...
IM MESSING WITH YOU!!!!!
Chucky chucky chucky
leave my elbow alone now....
I dont want to put undue pressure on your shoulder eek!
It's monday I dont work on mondays, how many times am I going to have to tell you that...
Chuck ??
:rolleyes: did your LIL BBQ blow away :rolleyes: yet??
HMMMMMMMMM

H.B. Brett
10-13-2003, 12:39 PM
Sorry to hear about the pup!
My little Aussie Sheppard at only a few months thought he still had "Balls" eek! even though I knew they had been chopped. I chose to go with the vest as well. :D http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/7944th_of_July_013-med.jpg