PDA

View Full Version : Pay pal how does it work??

Blown 472
06-09-2003, 07:35 AM
I sold some parts on e bay and wondering how pay pal works??

MJ19
06-09-2003, 07:37 AM
Blown 472:
I sold some parts on e bay and wondering how pay pal works?? Good :D

Windy
06-09-2003, 07:39 AM
Blown,
Its very user friendly, and I have never had a problem with paypal.

jlnorthrup122
06-09-2003, 07:39 AM
I like pay pal better than my local bank. they are a really good outfit.

rrrr
06-09-2003, 09:42 AM
PayPal is run by Satan. burningm
:D :D

MJ19
06-09-2003, 10:32 AM
If you sell or buy anything online Paypal is the way to go! :)
so is there anyone out there that wants my e-mail address because you're dying to send me money :D :p wink

126driver
06-09-2003, 10:34 AM
rrrr:
PayPal is run by Satan. burningm
:D :D LMAO! :D Tell us how you really feel. wink

Hallett19
06-09-2003, 10:38 AM
I just bought a dobule oil filter with 12 ft of stainless steel braided lines and NPT fittings for $51 !! Not a bad deal in my eyes and I'm using pay pal to buy it. I'll let you know how it works.
[ June 09, 2003, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Hallett19 ]

ROZ
06-09-2003, 11:38 AM
Sounds like it works well, but how does it work?

riverracerx
06-09-2003, 12:21 PM
I use PayPal for all the RiverRacerX stuff on the shop section of my site. It is awesome and easy.
As a seller it allows me to accept credit card orders/purchases without having a credit card machine and all the BS associated with it. I am a VERY small business so I don't need the hassle. I put the stuff up on the site and add the button, when the buyer clicks the button it automatically sends them to a secure PayPal page that shows what they just ordered. Then I get an email from PayPal with all the info included for me to fulfil the order. Then I mail it out.
Now the money is paid to PayPal, but show up as paying to whomever you bought from. In my case, if you buy from RRX it says you are paying "admin@riverracerx.com" my email address. The money accrues in my PayPal account and you can withdraw on it at any time. I have them wire it into my checking account. They take a percentage of your sale, but it is nominal for the service provided. It is also easy to configure sales tax, per state and shipping in as well.
For a demonstration go to RiverRacerX (http://www.riverracerx.com) and purchase something from my site!! wink

***boat
06-09-2003, 12:33 PM
jlnorthrup122:
I like pay pal better than my local bank. they are a really good outfit. That sig pic is a bit big. Thing like that kill the 56k users (not that we probably have any left with no size cap on photos).

MJ19
06-09-2003, 01:30 PM
ROZ:
Sounds like it works well, but how does it work? Most all banking is done eletronically....it's just you have a person that you go to (at your local bank) and they smile (or maybe not) :D
Anyhow, have you ever wondered how automatic deposits work...it's the same concept. Or if you've every wired money...that's the same idea too.
Paypal will take your bank account information (or Credit Card) and use that as a place to give and take the money from.

ROZ
06-09-2003, 02:49 PM
So PayPal is a bank or an account broker?

goeasy8
06-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Been using it for years, very user friendly just follow the steps to set it up. You pay or receive funds through them. It debits your bank account or credit card and pays whoever you want. Hell my buddy needed a few bucks to get something for me up in fresno, I sent the money via paypal he transfered it from them to his bank and got it for me, pretty cool.

mickeyfinn
06-09-2003, 03:03 PM
riverracerx:
I have them wire it into my checking account. They take a percentage of your sale, but it is nominal for the service provided. It is also easy to configure sales tax, per state and shipping in as well.
For a demonstration go to RiverRacerX (http://www.riverracerx.com) and purchase something from my site!! wink

mickeyfinn
06-09-2003, 03:06 PM
mickeyfinn:
riverracerx:
I have them wire it into my checking account. They take a percentage of your sale, but it is nominal for the service provided. It is also easy to configure sales tax, per state and shipping in as well.
For a demonstration go to RiverRacerX (http://www.riverracerx.com) and purchase something from my site!! wink Hey Riverracer, My wife sells a lot on ebay and uses paypal. They sent her a Paypal ATM card. So whenever she buys or sells anything it either credits or debits that account. The big advantage here is that you never have to wait on them to mail a check or call and have them wire the money. You just go to your nearest ATM and enter your pin and do yo thing. The ATM is also one of those fake visa cards so you can use it just like any other credit card at a store or restraunt.

06-09-2003, 03:16 PM
It makes "wiring" money seem like the dark ages. :D