PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Boat mfg Heads South

Trailer Park Casanova
07-24-2003, 10:56 AM
A story I picked up outta the leftist Sacramento Bee:
Tige', now the number one builder of Wakeboard boats has moved it's entire mfg to Abeline Texas.
Tige' ran it's California plant since it's inception, but moved the entire operation South when the State of Texas gave Tige a deal. Breaks on taxes, and other incentives Tige' couldn't resist.
Tige' offers higher performing, good rideing, nice handeling boats and their sales are skyrocketing.
Try to order one,, you may take delivery next January.
No effort was made by California, at either the local govt, State reps or anyone from Califs fed reps, Feinstein or Boxer, to keep Tige' here.
Wakeboard boats are the fastest growing segment of the industry. Tige' is now bragging about a future High Performance Offshore lineup in addition to it's state of the art and best selling Wakeboard/ski/and family runabout line.
Grey Davis answer: "Were trying to lure Bio Tech to Calif".
My answer to that is Bio Tech is already here, I've been investing my money in Calif bio tech for over 15 years, have watched it closely, and if the State Govt doesn't wake up,, they'll be heading south too.
The Tige' factory, sits empty in Northern Calif.
Liberals just offer you something for nothing, and you end up with nothing for something.
[ July 24, 2003, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

mbrown2
07-24-2003, 11:04 AM
Tige is not the only one...Companies have already started to go elsewhere...Tx, AZ, NV...it will take more than the Grey Davis recall to keep companies here, let alone lure new ones...California is not business friendly and most businesses here are starting to put a cap on any future growth in the state...too costly.

07-24-2003, 11:06 AM
Another sad but true tale...Heard it many times before and will hear it many times to come. The entire state goes into the toilet while Gay Davis fiddles and the legislature plays with themselves. Maybe they will levy a tax on Tige' for leaving. A "departure tax"....Hell why not, they want to tax us to death anywhay and doing a good job of it burningm burningm cry .

sandblasted
07-24-2003, 11:14 AM
Countrywide Home Loans, one of the largest loan companies in America has stated they will no longer expand in California. they are in the process of completing a building in Lancaster and the CEO has said it will be the last countrywide facility built in California, for 2 reasons. the outrageous cost of workers comp and high taxes...
thanks again Democrats!

rrrr
07-24-2003, 11:22 AM
I know a guy that is a racing camshaft manufacturer, used to be in the LA area.
Last winter he loaded up everything and moved the business to North Carolina. Sure, part of it was to be closer to his NASCAR customers, but I can tell you the biggest reason was so he could get the hell outta Kalifornia.
Twelve people got bounced into the street.
Countrywide has a huge facility here in Plano, they just completed a multistory addition to their campus.

MagicMtnDan
07-24-2003, 12:00 PM
When all the businesses are gone the piranha Democrats will have to start eating (taxing) each other to death so they have money to spend on those they feel need something.
It's a vicious cycle - tax and spend and chase companies out of the state so there's less tax revenue so they raise taxes to spend the same or more and more companies leave so they raise taxes...
Yesterday I heard this: Since Gray Davis has been in office, spending per capita in California has gone up from approx. $3600 to $4800 per person - that's over 30% since Gray Tax-and-Spend Davis has taken over driving this state into oblivion.

Irishluck
07-24-2003, 12:11 PM
Sad but true, not only is every other business leaving this state but to find a house you can afford is just out of control.

ROZ
07-24-2003, 12:17 PM
mbrown2:
Tige is not the only one...Companies have already started to go elsewhere...Tx, AZ, NV...it will take more than the Grey Davis recall to keep companies here, let alone lure new ones...California is not business friendly and most businesses here are starting to put a cap on any future growth in the state...too costly. Don't forget Colorado...Plenty of companies moving there as well.
My cousin's employeer is moving their office to Phoenix, Az.......They'll be there in October.

ROZ
07-24-2003, 12:19 PM
Irishluck:
Sad but true, not only is every other business leaving this state but to find a house you can afford is just out of control. THinking of selling ours while we still can....I could purcahse outright in AZ with the current equity we have.....

LaveyJet
07-24-2003, 12:20 PM
Trailer Park Casanova:
Tige', now the number one builder of Wakeboard boats has moved it's entire mfg to Abeline Texas.
If they only would take Davis with them.....

mbrown2
07-24-2003, 12:21 PM
MagicMtnDan:
When all the businesses are gone the piranha Democrats will have to start eating (taxing) each other to death so they have money to spend on those they feel need something.
It will be the middle class in California bearing the burden of the increased taxes in California as companies continue to drop off...maybe the wealthy might be hurt a little bit, but the middle class will bear the burden...

Dave C
07-24-2003, 12:28 PM
California definitely has an anti-business environment.
A company can leave high rent areas such as the Bay Area and find other lower rent areas in Sacramento, Tracy, Modesto, Stockton, if they wanted to stay in California.
Instead they are moving to Phoenix, Las Vegas, Reno, etc. to get away from California.
All my clients that complain about this state always complain about the same thing. Taxes too high, unnecessary regulation and workers compensation insurance too high (e.g. W/C insurance is 23% of wages paid eek! )
Companies are leaving the silicon valley in droves.

eliminatedsprinter
07-24-2003, 12:44 PM
Power boating is not a P/C activity. When the Ca sport/custom boating industry is gone the dems will say good riddence. We just don't fit in with their utopian future. :mad:
I have a great 13 ft all fiberglass kayak I made from a mold for 50 bucks, when I was 13. It only weighs 35-40 lbs, looks great, and is the fastest paddle type craft I've ever been in. Anyone want to splash a mold off of it? We may make some money here in a few years, when it's the baddest thing the dems will let us non-zillionares take out on the water. frown

Froggystyle
07-24-2003, 03:10 PM
I actually wanted to start Trident in San Diego, but when you factor in every cost of doing business here, combined with the ease of doing business elsewhere, we voted with our feet.
Trident Boats LTD. A Nevada corporation.

Jrocket
07-24-2003, 03:34 PM
Froggystyle:
I actually wanted to start Trident in San Diego, but when you factor in every cost of doing business here, combined with the ease of doing business elsewhere, we voted with our feet.
Trident Boats LTD. A Nevada corporation. So I take it your moving to Nevada?

howitchy
07-24-2003, 03:56 PM
058:
Another sad but true tale...Heard it many times before and will hear it many times to come. The entire state goes into the toilet while Gay Davis fiddles and the legislature plays with themselves. Maybe they will levy a tax on Tige' for leaving. A "departure tax"....Hell why not, they want to tax us to death anywhay and doing a good job of it burningm burningm cry . "Departure Tax"....when we sold our house and moved to AZ, our proceed check had to be delivered to our r/e agent in CA or we would have had to pay CA tax on it! No Joke.