PDA

View Full Version : 1994 24' Eliminator Fun Deck vs. 1986 23 mojave

superV
05-21-2003, 10:29 AM
Fun Deck has a 502 bravo II combo and the Mojave has a brand new blown LS6 with a casel V-Drive :D
Both boats are in great shape the mojave is perfect looks new and the fun deck will need all new carpet and healm due to the boat being converted to a para sail boat but never finished due to owner never picking up or paying for the job. I would like any info anyone may have on both these boats, how do they each perform, handel, top speed, ect. The mojave is running 700hp dont know gear ect. :confused:

superV
05-21-2003, 10:32 AM
mojave pics (http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?&units=Feet&checked_boats=1090582&slim=broker&&hosturl=doublediamond&&ywo=doublediamond&)

superV
05-21-2003, 11:15 AM
?

HavasuDreamin'
05-21-2003, 12:11 PM
That boat is not a Mojave, and it is not 23'. It is a 25' Eliminator Daycruiser (forget the model name) that was real popular back in the mid 80's. It is not a deep V boat. I remember looking at one back in the day and it was a nice boat, but had an alpha drive. You don't have to worry about that since this one has a Casale. Anyway, under the deck (which is not closed off) are two couches facing each other and a v-berth. Not real fancy, but decent. For $19,900 the mechanicals better be in excellent shape. It is just tough getting that much money out of an older hull. On the flip side, if the boat is perfect, I think it could be worth upper teens.
Don't know jack about the 24' deckboat other than a Bravo II isn't going to be real fast.
Good Luck :cool:
[ May 21, 2003, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

superV
05-21-2003, 12:27 PM
HavasuDreamin':
That boat is not a Mojave, and it is not 23'. It is a 25' Eliminator Daycruiser (forget the model name) that was real popular back in the mid 80's. It is not a deep V boat. I remember looking at one back in the day and it was a nice boat, but had an alpha drive. You don't have to worry about that since this one has a Casale. Anyway, under the deck (which is not closed off) are two couches facing each other and a v-berth. Not real fancy, but decent. For $19,900 the mechanicals better be in excellent shape. It is just tough getting that much money out of an older hull. On the flip side, if the boat is perfect, I think it could be worth upper teens.
Don't know jack about the 24' deckboat other than a Bravo II isn't going to be real fast.
Good Luck :cool: I have a 1981 eliminator 20' Daycruiser
Hi Po V-Drive. This boat is much deeper than mine and it is 24' and I can get it for closer to 10k. I think it is a ProAm Cruiser and the cuddy is closed with a door, see pics. I just used that brookers pic to show the boat I have looked at manys times already and it is in great shape. But your right I would not pay 20k for it.

superV
05-21-2003, 12:32 PM
Good Luck :cool: [/QB][/QUOTE]
I think your referring to the Bravo III duprop? The bravo II is a high performance drive made for high HP.Im told the boat runs 70.6 on the gps?But i have not looked at this boat and would be buying it Blind but for one hell of a price. Ive just seen lots of pics but the price im going to pay would be worht it just for the hull plus a bad ass triple axel trailer :D

Boozer
05-21-2003, 12:33 PM
Just a little curious.
The steering wheel in that boat is on the left hand side. In my boat and several friends boats the steering wheel is on the right hand side.
Whats up with that?

superV
05-21-2003, 12:35 PM
HD, Closed cabin!
http://newimages.yachtworld.com/1/0/9/0/5/1090582_4.jpg

superV
05-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Boozer:
Just a little curious.
The steering wheel in that boat is on the left hand side. In my boat and several friends boats the steering wheel is on the right hand side.
Whats up with that? That is the difference between a Hot Boat
and a production boat! argue :D Allot of us on these boards have left hand driver.

HavasuDreamin'
05-21-2003, 12:52 PM
No..........I meant that the cabin was not accessed via a door like the Nordic Daycruisers. In other words, under the dash is open all the way across. However, after looking at it a third time, maybe there is a door. I can't tell from the pics.
After looking at all of the pics, it appears as though the boat may need a little work. Nothing major, but it looks as though it could use a buffing, the trailer looks like it could use paint, and the interior in the cabin looks like it could be redone. I also wouldn't call that a blower motor. More like a motor that has a little air forced in it (177's are weak from what I am told). My opinion is that the boat is a good deal between say $12K and $15K depending on how fresh everything is.........and how the interior and trailer look in person.
Good Luck
(PS. I always liked those boats).
[ May 21, 2003, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

novaguy
05-21-2003, 06:22 PM
Here is the link to my Eliminator "Mojave". Mine is a 1989 21 footer with a jet. My boat is currently being re-rigged by Froggy and my interior done by D&S El Cajon. Motor being built by Dave at DNE. I love my boat and can't wait to have it back together.
http://home.earthlink.net/~novaguy/index.html
[ May 21, 2003, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: novaguy ]

clownpuncher
05-21-2003, 06:34 PM
novaguy:
Here is the link to my Eliminator "Mojave". Mine is a 1989 21 footer with a jet. My boat is currently being re-rigged by Froggy and my interior done by D&S El Cajon. Motor being built by Dave at DNE. I love my boat and can't wait to have it back together.
http://home.earthlink.net/~novaguy/index.html Sweet looking ride Nova.

novaguy
05-21-2003, 06:45 PM
Thanks CP, I just can't wait to have it back.

superV
05-22-2003, 05:23 AM
HavasuDreamin':
No..........I meant that the cabin was not accessed via a door like the Nordic Daycruisers. In other words, under the dash is open all the way across. However, after looking at it a third time, maybe there is a door. I can't tell from the pics.
After looking at all of the pics, it appears as though the boat may need a little work. Nothing major, but it looks as though it could use a buffing, the trailer looks like it could use paint, and the interior in the cabin looks like it could be redone. I also wouldn't call that a blower motor. More like a motor that has a little air forced in it (177's are weak from what I am told). My opinion is that the boat is a good deal between say $12K and $15K depending on how fresh everything is.........and how the interior and trailer look in person.
Good Luck
(PS. I always liked those boats). In this pic you can see the edge of the door its teak!
http://newimages.yachtworld.com/1/0/9/0/5/1090582_6.jpg
As far as the rest of the I see no work need interior is soft with no rips or wear, trailer is sweet and yes it is a small blower but i dont need allot of boost id rather have it be dependable :rolleyes: But you never know the motor only has 10 hr on it and was built by rich thomas a drag car builder her in st.louis. I think i will be getting the fun deck tho! :D

HavasuDreamin'
05-22-2003, 05:51 AM
superV:
the motor only has 10 hr on it and was built by rich thomas a drag car builder her in st.louis. I think i will be getting the fun deck tho! D Passing on a V-drive to get a fun deck. I would stay out of the V-drive thread for a while if I were you. wink :D
That 25' is a pretty clean boat. Wish I had the cashola and space for a rig like that. I would be on it in a heart beat..........for $15K :rolleyes:

superV
05-22-2003, 06:10 AM
HavasuDreamin':
superV:
the motor only has 10 hr on it and was built by rich thomas a drag car builder her in st.louis. I think i will be getting the fun deck tho! D Passing on a V-drive to get a fun deck. I would stay out of the V-drive thread for a while if I were you. wink :D
That 25' is a pretty clean boat. Wish I had the cashola and space for a rig like that. I would be on it in a heart beat..........for $15K :rolleyes: Well i still have my 20' V-Drive :D And know im starting to think about the pro am! What would you pick? :confused:

HavasuDreamin'
05-22-2003, 06:39 AM
superV:
What would you pick? :confused Two totally different boats.........what are your boating plans? If you want a boat that can handle 6-10 peeps plus multiple coolers and a bunch of other crap........go for the deck boat. If you want a clean cruiser that can handle the Ozarks a little better (than the deckboat), and still be able to take 5-6 in style, go for the pro am.
Personally, a closed deck 25' - 26' boat appeals to me because of the freeboard, big water capabilities, and ability to do over night trips (plus I don't haul 8 peeps around very much). You gotta love the stabbin' cabin on the Pro am. :D I really like the lines on that style eliminator.....the older daycrusier lines. Furthermore, I like the fact that it is somewhat of a rare piece being a 25' V-drive with a blown BBC. I like the gel colors, and I like the triple axle trailer. Plus.......it is an Eliminator. :D

superV
05-27-2003, 05:20 AM
Just keeping this alive! :rolleyes: