PDA

View Full Version : Republicans to gain control... What do "YOU" think??????

K3-River-Rat
11-07-2002, 05:29 AM
Personally I'm not all that much into the "political scene" but with this recent election that will put the Republicans more in control for the 1st time in 50 years it has caught my attention in a big way :confused: None of us know what changes may take place with the Republican party soon to be more in control for the 1st time in a very long time! For "many" of us this is the "first" time in "our" lives that this has happened and I thought it would be "interesting" to get other peoples opinions as to what "they" think might happen with this being the "1st" time in many of our lives that the Republicans will be in charge of what direction the future of this country is going....Think about that for a minute, this has not happened since some time in the early 1950s :confused: What do "you" think we "might" be in for as far as "changes" that just might change the way that we have been living our lives to "this" point & time!! I believe it is going to be pretty "interesting" to come back to this topic & read what is on a lot of peoples minds "if" they will take this topic "SERIOUSLY" So what do "YOU" think??????
[ November 07, 2002, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: K3-River-Rat ]

THOR
11-07-2002, 07:04 AM
I dont know what to think. I am still really unhappy about Davis being re-elected here in Cali. He scares me. I boat in the summer, off-road in the winter and like to have tricked out rigs. He hates all that cool shit.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-07-2002, 07:14 AM
I'm with Thor. I'm more concerned about Davis in California.

JetBoatRich
11-07-2002, 07:21 AM
THOR:
I dont know what to think. I am still really unhappy about Davis being re-elected here in Cali. He scares me. I boat in the summer, off-road in the winter and like to have tricked out rigs. He hates all that cool shit.F$$kin Davis, I am not happy with him at all. Simon had a chance, but would we have gotten with that? Gov. Race sucked this time around.

comin' unscrewed
11-07-2002, 07:34 AM
I think BOTH parties are lying through their teeth most of the time, so what difference does it make who has the majority?

K3-River-Rat
11-07-2002, 08:31 AM
comin' unscrewed:
I think BOTH parties are lying through their teeth most of the time, so what difference does it make who has the majority?This statement right here is the very reason that I'm not much into politics wink I sometimes actually wonder if they don't already know in advance "who" is going to be "where" before any votes have even been counted :confused: I was told a little something several years back that may shine a bit of light on this issue that I might be willing to share with you people from these boards all in due time... First lets see how many people will toss there .02 up here & get a little more input on the situation wink

Nokomis
11-07-2002, 08:52 AM
Coming from the midwest tax-hell known as Wisconsin, I couldn't be happier.
I expect that after the new Congress takes over in the first part of the year Bush's tax cuts will become permanant, we'll get the homeland security bill passed, new judges, hopefully get rid of the the death-tax and raise the limits on losses that can be written off just for starters.
I think I'll order a new boat to celebrate!

rivercrazy
11-07-2002, 08:59 AM
THOR:
I dont know what to think. I am still really unhappy about Davis being re-elected here in Cali. He scares me. I boat in the summer, off-road in the winter and like to have tricked out rigs. He hates all that cool shit.Couldn't agree more. That guy is a lying sack of *&@! And a theif, etc....

HM
11-07-2002, 09:06 AM
comin' unscrewed:
I think BOTH parties are lying through their teeth most of the time, so what difference does it make who has the majority?I agree, except that republicans want less government in general. I am down with that.
I too am upset about Joe Graham Davis (aka Gray Davis). Californian's had to choose between a major sleeze bag and a dufus. I think the liberals were more motivated to keep someone to help their cause. The conservatives just had a hard time getting out and voting for such a major idiot as Simon. I voted for Simon - hoping that he would just lockup our liberal government in California. California is going to tax the **** out of its residents over the next couple years. I don't understand why California is so liberal when we are the capital of capitalism? Have you guys heard about the SUV tax Gray-out Davis tried to pass? $4,000 tax on all SUV's and minivans AND a $0.50/gallon tax increase on gas AND a $0.05/mile tax.
How about the Soda pop tax to help educate fat people not to eat? Luckily, with the help of a local radio station, this stupid tax died. The g-ddamn liberals in California thought we all should pay $0.02/can on all soda pop to help pay for teaching fat people not to eat. They had a "I know what is best for you and I think you can afford 2 cents a can."
Also, did you know it just became a law in California that children in kindergarten in public schools must now be taught about alternative life styles - aka homosexuality. "O.k. kids, time to put away the finger paints because now we are going to attempt to make you totally desensatized to a complete lack of values, morals, and responibilities."
Ask me how I really feel!

miller19j
11-07-2002, 09:19 AM
Well I have been accused of being slightly to the Right of Attila The Hun politically. So needless to say I am very happy that the “Right” people now have control.
As far a California goes once again we have elected a complete idiot as our Governor! But we all knew it would happen. I am always amazed by politics in California this state needs some real help! But having an idiot represent a state of people that voted him in (AKA Idiots) is kind of fitting.
wink

carreraelite
11-07-2002, 09:24 AM
Looks like our states are racing to see who can have the most controversial governors!! So far i think we're leading. I think they need to take an IQ test before they can be voted in!! eek!

HM
11-07-2002, 09:28 AM
I sometimes actually wonder if they don't already know in advance "who" is going to be "where" before any votes have even been counted I was told a little something several years back that may shine a bit of light on this issue that I might be willing to share with you people from these boards all in due time.K3 - perhaps you should think of a move to Idaho or Montana with the rest of the conspiracy theorist? J/K LOL
A lot is known before about who will win in most cases as their is momentum and ignorance and $ all involved at the same time. I don't agree with the MIB or anyother theories people toss out or have "heard" without any proof - and only is supported by people's natural paranoia. I have heard some pretty funny shit from people who claim to know the "truth" in politics and government. These people tend to have the least amount of education (not just formal education)- claiming street smarts is the real and only education they need and tend to be some of the poorest people I know - but not always. I personally have helped make a difference in several politcal issues.

RandyH
11-07-2002, 09:32 AM
When or which election and who will come out and tell us that they are for limited Social Security Benefits. How about you only get back what you paid in with a fair interest rate of return.
How about if you are retired and you make a bunch of other money in investments or other passive income you , you dont qaulify for SS.
What if they tell you today that if you are 38 years old or younger that you will not recieve any benefit. But you dont have to pay anymore. But the money your have paid in is gone to your grandparents. When are they going to start talking about the tough issues.
All I heard was we will not touch Social Security. Our Seasoned Citizens seems to be well protected. I had one Grandfather that collected 7 times what he paid in to the system with interest and he didn't need the money. WTF is wrong here.
Why do we replace a hip on a 85 year old in a nursing home and it cost medicare 75K of our money.
Flame away but this stuff does not make sense anymore.

JetBoatRich
11-07-2002, 09:39 AM
comin' unscrewed:
I think BOTH parties are lying through their teeth most of the time, so what difference does it make who has the majority?The lie so much, they don't even remember what the truth is? :confused: :confused:

Havasu_Dreamin
11-07-2002, 09:50 AM
RandyH:
How about if you are retired and you make a bunch of other money in investments or other passive income you , you dont qaulify for SS.
I don't think that is right. You should at least get back what you put in, with some decent interest. That's only fair if you paid into the plan. Just because you have made good investments with your other money does not mean the government should now withold your money from you, for the second time mind you, because of it.
The biggest problem with social security, as I understand it at least, is that too many people get money without having ever put a dime into the system. Plus, when it first came about it may have been intended as the sole source of retirement income, but that is not the case anymore.
Personally, I would prefer it if they gave me control over say 30% of my social security money. I'll damn sure make more money on that 30% than the government will make on the other 70%!

beached1
11-07-2002, 09:54 AM
In my humble opinion, there is nothing worse than a Liberal Democrat. This party in general preys on the weak, the poor, minorities and exploits them. They demonise the wealthy and punish people for success by over taxation. Their only solution to any problem is a government program or hand out. They believe that we the American people are too stupid to think for ourselves and therefore cannot function without them. If there were no poor, no weak, no trageties to point to, they wouldn't have a job as they see it. Kinda like if racism would cease, what would Jesse Jackson then do for money? They need tragety or they wouldn't exist.
Republicans on the other hand believe that the best thing you can do for someone in need is help them find a job. Most normal people want to provide for themselves adn not have to be dependent on anyone. They're always put down for supporting the rich, but what most people, voters and especially the media don't realize is that it's the rich that invest the most into our economy. When was the last time you got a job from a poor guy? We need the rich. We need to make incentives for them to invest more $$ into our enconomy which will spur the job markets. This can be done by lowering taxes and less gov intervention.
Democrats suck ass!

HM
11-07-2002, 09:56 AM
My only disagreement with that is that it was your money to begin with. So I don't care how much money I make - give me my damn money back! But, you should not qualify for any other aid that is paid for by other tax payers.
I would love to have the option of not paying SS knowing I would not get it later. I think I could earn just a tad more than 1% return over 50 years. But, the SS system is ****ed up and needs my money to pay the people who already payed their money. My dad taught me very young to take control of my own destiny. I already have retirement covered to live very confortably without a "job" by age 55. By the end of next year, I will have knocked it down to 45. My goal is to be able to retire in 2 years (37) and am well on my way. But I will not "retire" persay - I will just not work for anyone else. I am much more of an asset to this economy by continuing to make money - and spend it. I don't mean spend it as in toys and so forth, although that still stimulates the economy. I mean spend it by re-investing it into my businesses which allows me to pay people to be able to make a living, and very nice livings in many cases. I don't subscribe to cutting up the pie - I believe in growing the pie continuously.

beached1
11-07-2002, 10:01 AM
Shot you 5 for that HM.
Well said

HM
11-07-2002, 10:04 AM
I have also found that many "democrats" are actually very conservative and should be republicans, but because they do not want to be associated with the radical religeous right, they think they are democrats. They usually only disagree with one or two topics and therefore want to not side with the republicans.
Holy crap! Where did this soap box come from and how did I end up standing on it? wink

HM
11-07-2002, 10:10 AM
Alright, I need to get back to re-investing in the economy!
I look forward to reading this thread later tonight!

K3-River-Rat
11-07-2002, 10:11 AM
miller19j:
So needless to say I am very happy that the “Right” people now have control.
As far a California goes once again we have elected a complete idiot as our Governor! But we all knew it would happen. I am always amazed by politics in California this state needs some real help!You "may" have hit the nail on the head with the two statements you have made "right" here wink With the "right" people in control (as you put it) Who's to say they won't manage to "keep" this control they now have for a "very" long time if they can "prove" to all of us out here in the "real" world that they will be making changes that will actually "benefit" the "majority" of the people in this country..In "turn" the "next" time election time comes around for you guys out there in California the Republican party just might make "damn sure" they have a "specific" cantidate ready to slide right on in to help the state of California in the way that "you" people that are "not" happy with the way things are in California at "this" time but quite possibly "will" be after the "next" election!! All things "do" take "time" wink

Nubbs
11-07-2002, 10:36 AM
:mad: Yeah, Davis and his tree hugging hand out happy flamers have got to go. Pretty soon we won't be allowed to leave our houses because humans breathing the outside air decreases the available air for trees. What's next? The hand out programs need to be slowed down too. If a guy truly needs help, he should get help. Like job placement or temporary aid, not welfare and long term disability pay. There was a family that used to live down the street from me. Neither of the parents worked. They collected welfare. The dad was on disability from a supposed back injury that happened almost two years ago. And they were dealing drugs. It was funny how I would see the dad doing side jobs like trimming trees or painting houses for our elderly neighbors. I guess his disability pay didn't cover his drug costs.
They also need to cut back on government funded housing. The people next door to me bought a "fixer-upper" house with government aid. It was nice the government could help them. That way they can afford the brand new cars they drive. What's up with that? I have a decent job, but I'm stuck living with my mom and dad (until I can buy a house, probably way too long) paying way too much in taxes and trying to pay off my student loans. Where's the frickin help for me? Don't get none. I'd almost be better off not working and living off the government.
Oh well, I'd rather support myself than live off handouts.
Sorry for the long post. Just venting a little frustration.

11-07-2002, 10:42 AM
beached1:
In my humble opinion, there is nothing worse than a Liberal Democrat. This party in general preys on the weak, the poor, minorities and exploits them. They demonise the wealthy and punish people for success by over taxation. Their only solution to any problem is a government program or hand out. They believe that we the American people are too stupid to think for ourselves and therefore cannot function without them. If there were no poor, no weak, no trageties to point to, they wouldn't have a job as they see it. Kinda like if racism would cease, what would Jesse Jackson then do for money? They need tragety or they wouldn't exist.
Republicans on the other hand believe that the best thing you can do for someone in need is help them find a job. Most normal people want to provide for themselves adn not have to be dependent on anyone. They're always put down for supporting the rich, but what most people, voters and especially the media don't realize is that it's the rich that invest the most into our economy. When was the last time you got a job from a poor guy? We need the rich. We need to make incentives for them to invest more $$ into our enconomy which will spur the job markets. This can be done by lowering taxes and less gov intervention.
Democrats suck ass!Couldn't agree with you more. I just hope the Republicans don't screw up and turn off the voters next time around. As for Calif. we are now isolated because we are now irrelevent to congress because we have more Demos. in state control now than ever before. I can't believe there are that many idiots in Calif. that still believe in the "better living thru bigger government" and "I never saw a tax I didn't like" thinking. Democrats are hypocrites, they are for more and higher taxes on everyone else but "just don't raise MY taxes". If they truly believed in what they preach they can pay more taxes than are due, IRS will gladly take their money.

K3-River-Rat
11-07-2002, 10:48 AM
HolyMoly:
Holy crap! Where did this soap box come from and how did I end up standing on it? wink ROTFLMFAO :D I "suppose" I will have to accept the "blame" here :rolleyes: I thought it "would" be a "very" good thread to start that "all" of us could discuss to get evryones "thoughts" on just "what" direction every things just "may" go wink The "majority" of us have got to see some "REAL" history in this country in our lives (and it's just happened "again") when you stop & "think" about it!! (I know I have) For example,watching the first landing on the moon, our "bicentennial" in 1976,the turn of the century with the "additional" bonus of a change of the first digit (just think the "next" time is 997 years from now) the "DNA" testing & "forenzic"? science that is actually "changing" some of the beliefs of the history in this country, the first Whitehouse "sex" scandal :rolleyes: and last but not least a "terrorist attack" on our "own" home turf!!! :( I'm "sure" I could list "many" other things but the people that can look back and remember these "examples" I have posted "HAVE" to admit we have experienced "far" more than a "LOT" of people from "other" generations that lived before us!!!!! :cool:
[ November 07, 2002, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: K3-River-Rat ]

gnarley
11-07-2002, 11:00 AM
Lets hope that what ever happens with the Republicans in office is for the better like less tax, less control, smaller government. The damn Democrats just seem like they want to set up an office that needs to tell you the best way to crap & you have to pay for it with the help of special interest groups. Even the Republicans have the religious right and push their ideals down our throats.
I for one am fricken tired of being told by either party how I should think or what I should do. I believe in fiscal responsibility & liberal thinking as long as it doesn’t hurt or impact anyone who the fu*k should care? And now we have a damn fully controlled Democratic state here in Cali & what’s that going to get us? Probably more controls & restrictions from Mr. Rogers (AKA Gray Davis) & his pupets what are they going to restrict next?
They will probably find a way to outlaw anything that we boaters & motor heads enjoy with help from the lettuce heads unless we find a way to group together like they have & fight back. Unless we do something they will slowly take our way of freedom and enjoyment away :mad:
JMHO
Sorry if I had to vent
I’ll get off my soap box now

miller19j
11-07-2002, 11:16 AM
HolyMoly:
I have also found that many "democrats" are actually very conservative and should be republicans, but because they do not want to be associated with the radical religeous right, they think they are democrats. They usually only disagree with one or two topics and therefore want to not side with the republicans.
Holy crap! Where did this soap box come from and how did I end up standing on it? wink Isn’t that the truth! I think that the party would have a whole lot more interest if the Christian Coalition did not have so much pull in republican politics.

ROZ
11-07-2002, 11:18 AM
JetBoatRich:
comin' unscrewed:
I think BOTH parties are lying through their teeth most of the time, so what difference does it make who has the majority?The lie so much, they don't even remember what the truth is? :confused: :confused: "If you lie long enough, it will become the truth" Adolph Hitler

Seadog
11-07-2002, 11:23 AM
First, about Social Security, it was never meant to provide even 50% of the retirement needs. The big problem is that when it was loaded in the 60s, the Democrats raided it to pay for their welfare programs. Add the fact that the average lifespan has increased well over ten years since then. If they would increase the eligible retirement age to 75 and tie it to the average lifespan, it would never be in trouble. That would be political suicide, but realistic.
As far as CA is concerned, any state that tries to restrict CO2 cannot claim much common sense

11-07-2002, 05:01 PM
Smog devices on plants....Only in Calif. could this happen. :D

twistedpair
11-07-2002, 05:24 PM
beached1:
In my humble opinion, there is nothing worse than a Liberal Democrat. They believe that we the American people are too stupid to think for ourselves and therefore cannot function without them. I could'nt agree more. Everytime I see some Democrat talking head like Paul Begala or Robert Reich on TV I just get pissed. They are so self-important and condescending it makes me sick.
I CAN think for myself, thank you very much!!! I don't need some candy-ass Poly-sci major telling me how to run my life. I make my own decisions and live with the consequences, good or bad.

sandblasted
11-07-2002, 06:17 PM
Well, seems like a good majority of the country decided they had enough of the whiney democrats for awhile and threw their butts out of office..Too bad the "Peoples Republic of California" didn't see the light as well. Gray David was so vulnerable this year. He blew a $10 billion dollar surplus in 1 year, received money for political favors and was generally despised by the electorate..Still the public voted for him again...(Same way Cali voted for that idiot Clinton)
There are 2 reasons for this...
1. California is a democratic state, the only way a republican makes it into high office is to be moderate.
2. Bill Simon is a moron! His family company was convicted of fraud, he wouldn't divulge his tax returns as required when running for office (what was he hiding) and his commercials were stupid...He should have hammered Davis about the loss of $10 billion, instead he rarely mentioned it..
The Republicans shot themselves in the foot..They could have ran a moderate republican who could have got into office then at least we would have someone on our side...Instead the Republicans didn't really support simon and,in my opinion, rolled over and gave the governorship back to Davis..
:mad:

JetBoatRich
11-07-2002, 08:27 PM
Good one Greg, Simons commercials were bad!

DEEZ NUTTS
11-07-2002, 09:23 PM
Repubs in control, means to me-
More people are gonna build that fancy new house and im taking a cut by digging there ditches.
More ditches= more money for me to buy gas for my 3gal per mile boat that I will be able to continue using. With the left over $ I will buy new tires for my dirtbike and continue to shred the forrest and dunes. After that I can buy a 1000 more rounds for my AK47 and shoot them after driving into the woods with my big-assed 4 door diesel smokin truck.
Fun will last alittle longer.

THOR
11-08-2002, 06:55 AM
Nubbs:
:mad: Yeah, Davis and his tree hugging hand out happy flamers have got to go. Pretty soon we won't be allowed to leave our houses because humans breathing the outside air decreases the available air for trees. What's next? The hand out programs need to be slowed down too. If a guy truly needs help, he should get help. Like job placement or temporary aid, not welfare and long term disability pay. There was a family that used to live down the street from me. Neither of the parents worked. They collected welfare. The dad was on disability from a supposed back injury that happened almost two years ago. And they were dealing drugs. It was funny how I would see the dad doing side jobs like trimming trees or painting houses for our elderly neighbors. I guess his disability pay didn't cover his drug costs.
They also need to cut back on government funded housing. The people next door to me bought a "fixer-upper" house with government aid. It was nice the government could help them. That way they can afford the brand new cars they drive. What's up with that? I have a decent job, but I'm stuck living with my mom and dad (until I can buy a house, probably way too long) paying way too much in taxes and trying to pay off my student loans. Where's the frickin help for me? Don't get none. I'd almost be better off not working and living off the government.
Oh well, I'd rather support myself than live off handouts.
Sorry for the long post. Just venting a little frustration.Shot you a 5 for that. We to support yourself and not do drugs. That a boy!

MJ19
11-08-2002, 09:22 AM
I like to live the 'right' way wink Hence the reason I married a man that was accused of being slightly to the Right of Attila The Hun.
However, to each their own...that's what makes our country the best damn country out there! :D

Seadog
11-08-2002, 09:31 AM
The problem with liberals is they see no humor in how idiotic they are. They can't even see the conflict in:
1. Promoting the legal use of pot, but outlawing tobacco.
2. Pushing welfare when it has been proven that welfare helps only on the short term and destroys families.
3. Attacks parents who want to place students in private schools when the public schools are failing the students.
4. Promote the right to free speech and then make it impossible for conservative speakers to be heard.
5. Promote organizations that help only women or minorities and then take organizations to court that don't have enough minorities or women.
6. Think that it right to place less educated minorities above another minority that makes more effort to get educated.

River Ric
11-08-2002, 05:17 PM
Hey , my favorite topic since I am a political Junkie!!!!! I think most of you understand the whole situation. At least it sounds as though you all have a reasonable opinion about it. Having a Repulican led House,Senate and White House has not happened since Eisenhower and Nixon in 1954. It was one of the longest post War times of prosperity we had seen since Teddy Roosevelt was in office. Yes Teddy unlike his cousin Franklin was a Conservetive Republican. Then we had Reagan with the biggest tax cuts since Kennedy in 1961. This probably did not evect to many of you unless you are 40 something like me!! I think that we are going to see some remarkable changes in the next 2 yrs. If Bush can wield his now found clout, we just might see him get reelected. I must say though that we all have seen politicians who talk out of both sides of the mouth. It doesn't seem to matter what side of the aisle they are on. I do think that G.W.Bush is a honest and hard working man. He will try to do the right thing. I must say that I am optimistic that he will become the Leader that many of us hope he will. He showed his colors during the whole 9/11 tragedy. I hope more of you continue to discuss these topics even though to some they may seem boring, because if we don't do something about CA.we may all be boating in Texas. Remember that
"Hepocreacy is the enemy of the Truth" At least that is what I have come to believe. Thanks for letting me add some light to your discussion. :) :cool:

Seadog
11-08-2002, 05:37 PM
Well the democrats have just shot theirselves in the ass. The new whip is the most liberal dolt (from CA) they had. The one that thinks we shouldn't anger Saddam, that he will get all soft and mushy if we ask him politely. With leadership like that GW will have an easy 8 years.
[ November 08, 2002, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

twistedpair
11-08-2002, 06:46 PM
River Ric, I just shot you a 5. You just said all the things that I'm not articulate enough to say. :) :)
5 for you also Seadog.
[ November 08, 2002, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: twistedpair ]

77charger
11-08-2002, 07:30 PM
DEEZ NUTTS:
Repubs in control, means to me-
more money for me to buy gas for my 3gal per mile boat that I will be able to continue using. With the left over $ I will buy new tires for my dirtbike and continue to shred the forrest and dunes. After that I can buy a 1000 more rounds for my AK47 and shoot them after driving into the woods with truck.
Fun will last alittle longer.I need to get to az soon.