PDA

View Full Version : Question ???

RaysonKid
03-18-2003, 07:32 AM
Here's a question for the Military men on this forum.
I know we as a country can kick anyones ass.
I have been watching the morning news. To try and better educate my Civilian self.(Its been proven in these threads that we civilians dont know shit about military matters , since we haven't served).
My question is: Why does the military insist on telling an enemy When and Where we are going to hit them?
It would seem more damage would be caused and the people/person we are after would be killed/caught. If we just blasted them.
Is that considered Terrorism?
Look how Japan got or attention at Pearl Harbor.
I support what is happening, Sadam has to go.

twistedpair
03-18-2003, 07:40 AM
It's the old 'Billy Jack' ploy... You know
Billy Jack: "I'm gonna take my left foot and put it upside your right ear, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it"
Redneck: "Oh, really?"
BJ: "Really"
THWACK!!!
Cut to scene of redneck layed out in the dirt, fade out to bad Arlo Guthrie music.
:D

JetBoatRich
03-18-2003, 07:42 AM
Good answer TwistedPair, LMAO

Blown 472
03-18-2003, 07:43 AM
Billy Jack was some bad ass shit. :D

spectratoad
03-18-2003, 08:20 AM
Hey Rayson, I don't agree with you that civilians don't know much about the military. I am in and still wonder why we tell them what we are going to do. Maybe some of it has to do with if they know it really doesn't matter, as Twisted said. It may also help to get civilians out of the way by saying we are going to hit here. this give innocents a chance to scurry.
I have on the other hand consciously watched and observed how I react and how someone that has never been in the military reacts to certain situations and quite often it is noght and day. Maybe it is just training or the military way of life but I know I tend to not over react and have some sort of insensitive approach. Just get in get the job done and move on. Just my .02 :D