PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Eliminator Datyona-REWARD

BoatPI
03-21-2006, 07:09 AM
As the season aproachs someone is in need of new engines and drives.
This boat was stolen from the driveway of a private residence in Temecula on 3/9/06. A few days later the trailer was found abandoned in the City of Fontana. The boat is OUTSTANDING.
It has GM performance 572 engines, Imco drives, steering, and exhaust.
Any information leading to the recovery of all or part of this rig will result in all or part of a $7,500 reward. Please E mail m at boatpi@verizon.net, not through a PM.
This is NOT a random theft, this boat was targeted. We have a few more recent stolns, all can be viewed at Boatman.com Thanks, Keith
www.boatman.com (http://www.boatman.com/images/AMata_stolen.pdf)

Garrddogg
03-21-2006, 07:14 AM
Thats fugged up,pieces of shit cant earn thier own shit :mad: !!

boxscore
03-21-2006, 07:18 AM
Obviously thats a high profile boat. One can't just go drop it in a waterway and not expect to get noticed. Thus, is the purpose to "part" these things out when they get jacked, engines, drives, etc?

Hardly Satisfied
03-21-2006, 07:29 AM
We work hard for what we half and some $hithead steels from us :yuk:

SurfOnH20
03-21-2006, 07:30 AM
Whats sad is they probably traded it for a $20.00 bag of meth..People suck !!

boatsnblondes
03-21-2006, 07:58 AM
No idea how they would trade it for meth....it's off the trailer...but seriously..that boat is long gone..stripped for parts and most likely cut up and in a trash dump somewhere.....I heard a report a while back that boats are the new cars now...and that they are getting stolen more and more if they are HOT....those of you who have serious boats need to learn from this poor guy and take steps to insure this doesn't happen to you...as we all say around here....hindsight is 20/20......

Cole Trickle
03-21-2006, 08:34 AM
What a shame!!
That was a very nice boat :cry:
Was it in a side yard behind a locked fence or in a driveway with the tongue unlocked?(Just wondering hom much trouble they went through to get it?)

meaniam
03-21-2006, 08:56 AM
post some pics as im in that area for work. and live really close. i will pass a pic to all the door knockers working that area.
f-ing scum proably find pieces of it in the creek bed

Biglue
03-21-2006, 09:05 AM
Man, what a beautiful boat. Looks grim, but I hope it's found in good enough condition for the owner.

wsuwrhr
03-21-2006, 10:03 AM
this thread is completely useless without pictures.
Help US help YOU.
Brian
As the season aproachs someone is in need of new engines and drives.
This boat was stolen from the driveway of a private residence in Temecula on 3/9/06. A few days later the trailer was found abandoned in the City of Fontana. The boat is OUTSTANDING.
It has GM performance 572 engines, Imco drives, steering, and exhaust.
Any information leading to the recovery of all or part of this rig will result in all or part of a $7,500 reward. Please E mail m at boatpi@verizon.net, not through a PM.
This is NOT a random theft, this boat was targeted. We have a few more recent stolns, all can be viewed at Boatman.com Thanks, Keith
www.boatman.com (http://www.boatman.com/images/AMata_stolen.pdf)

phebus
03-21-2006, 10:10 AM
It was in the link he posted. Here you go:
http://www.boatman.com/images/AMata_stolen.pdf

Mardonzi
03-21-2006, 10:15 AM
One thing I was noticing is that they don't have the SN's for the drives or for the engines listed... If they strip it down and cut up the hull,, the HIN is worthless. If they have the SN listed for the motor, wouldn't it be easier to find if they get stuck in another boat?
Just a silly question...

BoatPI
03-21-2006, 11:27 AM
We do not always post the serial numbers as they are investigative leads. And the photos are in the link.

Lavey29
03-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Well, if the crooks were able to take the boat off the trailer, then they might have access to the winch lifts the boat manufacturers use so it would seem likely that maybe it might be someone in the boat service repair/modification business. I would try and check all the boat shops in and around the Fontana/Riverside area. After removing the boat, they had to dump the trailer quick due to the plates which are easy to check. I would imagine that boat will turn up abandoned somewhere shortly stripped of motors and drives. Not sure how easy it is to VIN switch a boat with another similar year and model. I hate friggin dirtbags that steal and hope the owner is insured well and that these pieces of crap get caught and get what they deserve.

572Daytona
03-21-2006, 01:15 PM
A little hard to tell from the pictures but I don't think those motors have "chromed blowers" as stated in the text.

laveydayz
03-21-2006, 01:17 PM
It may be a bad photo but im not seeing the "chromed blowers" in the photo link. Looks naturaly asperated to me. That would be a definate visual identifying factor as to whether they are blown or not?????? Anyway I hope everything works out for the best....goodluck

unleashed
03-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Wow, That takes balls to steel such a large object espeicially with how noticeable it would be when you're driving down the street with it?? Alot of times these are inside jobs to get out of payments by the owners. Hope they catch the bastards!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

AZKC
03-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Chrome bilge blowers maybe :idea:

Cole Trickle
03-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Well, if the crooks were able to take the boat off the trailer, then they might have access to the winch lifts the boat manufacturers use so it would seem likely that maybe it might be someone in the boat service repair/modification business. I would try and check all the boat shops in and around the Fontana/Riverside area. After removing the boat, they had to dump the trailer quick due to the plates which are easy to check. I would imagine that boat will turn up abandoned somewhere shortly stripped of motors and drives. Not sure how easy it is to VIN switch a boat with another similar year and model. I hate friggin dirtbags that steal and hope the owner is insured well and that these pieces of crap get caught and get what they deserve.
I agree....
Takes some mighty big equipment to get that thing off a trailer and we all know it is too big to be hidden in a standard garage.
Maybe DCB needed a boat to make a 28 footer;) :crossx:

Wake Havasu
03-21-2006, 02:36 PM
Chrome bilge blowers maybe :idea:
New Transperant Kevlar Blowers.
Kind of Interesting huh?

BoatPI
03-21-2006, 04:54 PM
And yes corrections will be done to the engines, but they are NOT blown, but are GM performance blocks. And keep the heat on, this can be solved. This makes me cringe as I know the insurance premiums that HP boaters already pay and how few companies write the policies.

termiteguy
03-21-2006, 05:48 PM
always makes me wonder why someone would buy a boat worth that much money and leave it outside in the driveway mine has never spent the nite outdoors (exept at the river)

boater012
03-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Its probably on a boat on its way to new zealand or auatralia. Ive heard from a few people down in the port of long beach that they dont use titles in austarlia or new zealand for boats, but they do check the reg on trailers. Alot of our nice stuff gets stolen and all they need to load it on the boat is a bill of sale. How hard is it to fill out a bill of sale????
When they get it over to where they are going all they need to have is a bill of sale to register it.

BoatPI
03-22-2006, 06:15 AM
Many peeps know me on the boards, but to those who do not I thought some explanation on how any info I received is processed is in order.
!. As a licensed PI in CA and AZ, I operate under a portion of the state law that protects all of my investigative info under attorney client privlidge as I generally work under the claims attorneys for 12 or so insurance companies. And yes, I typically work hand in hand with law enforcemenr agencies.
!. If someone provides info to me, regardless if it is this claim, or another, I ALWAYS ask at a point would you cooperate with law enforcement and tell them what you told me. If the answer is NO, then NO it is, and your protecion for all statements is protected by law.
This is an FYI and should not imply that this claim, or any other, is not a legitmate claim.
All assistance is truly appreciated, and based on any baots, or portions theirof being recovered, you may make the claim for the reward.
Obviously if we recover a $100 piece from a stolen boat, you will not be intitled to the complete reward, but two years ago I had a citizen observe a stolen boat entering Long Beach Harbor. The boat was owned by a friend of his, and the witness did not know it was stolen, but did not recgonize the operator.
He called the owner, learned of the status, who in turn called me. the tweakers were arrested, and the witness received $20,000 REWARD!
Boatpi@verizon.net

BoatPI
03-22-2006, 06:57 AM
Just so everyone knows any info provided to me in this or any other claim CAN be kept confidental as PI's operate under the attorney client privliege.
PM me or e mail me

BoatPI
03-23-2006, 05:52 AM
bump

Daytona100
03-23-2006, 07:03 AM
Wasnt he trying to sell the boat for quite some time now. :cool:

BoatPI
04-25-2006, 05:39 AM
I got some info indicating that this boat maybe in the City of Fontana?? The reward is still good. Let me know or call out office at 619/226-1895.

Jrocket
05-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Where in Fontana was the trailer found?

Riomouse911
05-02-2006, 07:15 PM
I work in Rialto and I printed the pictures for the guys around here. Pretty unique boat and should be easy to spot if they try to trailer it around here.

Second "PLACE"
05-02-2006, 07:18 PM
I work in Rialto and I printed the pictures for the guys around here. Pretty unique boat and should be easy to spot if they try to trailer it around here.
Shouldn't be hard to miss. Though I suspect it is out of state by now.

riverroyal
05-02-2006, 07:22 PM
bad thing is so many paint schemes look the same now,that boat could be on the water next to me I wouldnt even notice.Alot of eliminators look like that

Charley
05-02-2006, 07:52 PM
all too familiar :( sorry to hear of it :cry:

BoatPI
07-05-2006, 05:35 AM
Just a reminder that this boat is still outstanding!! So ask yourself, do you know anyone that has aquired a Daytona recently, and they did not seem like the type to has the $$, or it is painted as oppose to gel coat. Or someone looking for a trailer for a Daytona, cheap, as the trailer was dumped. This boat can be well out of the Fontana area. Remember the stolen cat from NJ, it was recoverded in Phoenix area last year, and the crooks arrested. So any thoughts or clues will be investigated. Also keep an eye out for the GM crate engines being offered for sale.
This is a Markel claim, so u know the insurance rates...
Thanks in advance. e mail Boatpi@verizon.net

bignet
07-05-2006, 07:12 AM
Man...that sucks. Beautiful boat too. :cry:
bignet

Daytona100
07-05-2006, 07:57 AM
If your gonna keep the boat and repaint it why not keep and repaint the trailer to?

ThongMagnet
07-05-2006, 09:43 AM
Low Jack for Boats. Get yours today :idea:

Garrddogg
07-17-2006, 06:36 PM
well spill it.. did they find it? hope they caught the fcukers!!

Jrocket
07-17-2006, 06:36 PM
any new updates on als boat i herd somethings just woundering if they r true
What did you hear?Did they find parts or what?

pixrthis
07-17-2006, 06:55 PM
About ten years ago a 32 skater was stolen and a friend of the owner called all the cab companies in town and offered a $5000 reward. It ws recovered within hours although the truck was gone. I can't believe the balls people have to drive down the road with stolen sh**. I wish the owners could have a crack at these low lifes before the law does.