PDA

View Full Version : How rich....?

Mandelon
03-28-2003, 02:58 PM
How rich is "rich" to you guys?
At what net worth would you think one is "rich"?
$1 million? $5 million?
How much do you need to have saved up before you feel you could retire????
I'm sure there are some millionaires on this board...do you feel "rich"?

HCS
03-28-2003, 03:00 PM
Rich to me would be...about...100 million. :D

CA Stu
03-28-2003, 03:05 PM
I don't know how rich "rich" is, but I know if you have to jack off to feed the cat, you're poor.
CA Stu :D

bordsmnj
03-28-2003, 03:16 PM
who is this "Rich" guy. Rich who? and why should i give one rats ass.....oh, nevermind. :p

HammerDown
03-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Hmmm, theres rich and then theres "Oprah Money"...I guess a Mill in the bank would be nice. I've got more in the bank than most I know...But I sure don't feel rich...just ok.

XLGPP
03-28-2003, 03:17 PM
I dont think of "rich" as a monitary thing. If I am happy in life, can support my family, and have enough left over to play a little... THEN to me that is "RICH".
but about $5mil invested properly should be enough to just play the rest of my life and never have to work again... at least not work for a pay check.

River Ric
03-28-2003, 03:31 PM
Hey, you hit that one out of the park! My wife and I do fine. We measure our success by the down time we can get at the river with kids. Who wants to retire any way. You gotta do something. Besides, if you got to be on the river all the time it would end up being just like work. Not being able to go all the time is what it makes special. I've got an Uncle that worth $$$$$. He says it's not how much you have, but what you do with it. We should try to measure happy!!! not $$$. Too much money, you just get spoiled brat kids. We have a couple of friends like that. My dad has retired 3 times. he is only 67. He dosen't golf or any thing lame. He loves the river, like father like son!!! He just loves to something that seems productive. He always made plenty of money but never considered himself rich. My best friend is starting another company, like he needs the money. 43 years old and worth around $20 Million. He just has to work. With him it has never been about the money. Read Donald Trumps "The Art of The Deal" talks about the "Juice" not the $$$. Anyway, just my 2 sense.
" Remember, the River is not just a Place, it is a State of Mind" :cool:

MJ19
03-28-2003, 04:56 PM
Someone who does not have to look at price tags, yet still looks for the bargain...That's rich :p And that's how they stay rich :D
[ March 28, 2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

SCUBA STEVE
03-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Here is my question, lets take the rapper eminem for example. I heard he made something like 24 million last year. 1/2 to taxes right? Ok that leaves 12 million in his acct. I know all that the bling bling, cars, houses, gear, toys, what ever cost's more then 12million. How does he do it then? My take is he has to do it on credit, just like most of us. So does he live pay check to pay check then?
oh yeah a mill in the bank would make me happy, but I could blow that in a few hours. 1 boat, 1 rig to tow the boat, & 1/2 A house on the lake.

MJ19
03-28-2003, 05:07 PM
SCUBA STEVE:
I heard he made something like 24 million last year. 1/2 to taxes right? Ok that leaves 12 million in his acct. Doesn't a percentage of that go to his agent as well?
Some people are savers and some will spend what they have regardless of what they make.

DaveA
03-28-2003, 05:13 PM
MJ19:
[QUOTE] (snippity-do-dah)....and some will spend what they have regardless of what they make. Met my wife, eh? :D
"what they have" + 5%
DaveA

hot_diggity_dog
03-28-2003, 05:45 PM
who is this "Rich" guy. Rich who? and why should i give one rats ass.....oh, nevermind. Oh then there's JetBoatRich. wink
I Guess that could be considered Rich. :rolleyes:
HDD :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
03-28-2003, 06:19 PM
MJ19:
SCUBA STEVE:
I heard he made something like 24 million last year. 1/2 to taxes right? Ok that leaves 12 million in his acct. Doesn't a percentage of that go to his agent as well?
Some people are savers and some will spend what they have regardless of what they make. Who really knows where all that $ goes. Every dollar out there just goes around in a big circle anyway. From the raw materials & natural resources, to the mfg, to the distrubutor, to the end user.

Kim Hanson
03-28-2003, 06:32 PM
MJ19:
Someone who does not have to look at price tags, yet still looks for the bargain...That's rich :p And that's how they stay rich :D I don't look at price tags Smiley and I'am not rich,just comfortable!.....( . )( . )..... :D

JetBoatRich
03-28-2003, 06:49 PM
hot_diggity_dog:
who is this "Rich" guy. Rich who? and why should i give one rats ass.....oh, nevermind. Oh then there's JetBoatRich. wink
I Guess that could be considered Rich. :rolleyes:
HDD :cool: Did I hear my name? wink

BigBoyToys
03-28-2003, 06:53 PM
Well, I'm so far in debt I can't figure out where my paychecks go, but I feel like the richest fella in the World. Great Kids, fantastic wife, food in our mouths, roof over our heads..... That's rich to me. I don't care if I have to work 6 days a week, 12 hours a day to get it done, as long as I keep my riches that I have now.
I deal with people all day long that live in multi million dollar homes, have lotsa $$, fancy cars, etc and for the most part, they all seem VERY grumpy, uptight, and grouchy. I say NO THANKS to that life!

Ziggy
03-28-2003, 07:03 PM
Health, happiness, all my fingers/toes, and two great kids(10 and 20 yr olds)...makes me a "Rich with Life" kinda guy. The green stuff is just gravy on the potatoes to make it all taste better, and a little can go a long way if you know how to spread it out.

NashvilleBound
03-28-2003, 07:22 PM
Our uncle is worth about 800 million. But you would never know it. He sees riches like we do, the blessing of a happy, healthy family and beliving in God. This is all part of a family that has 50+ grandchildren and 70+ great grandchildren. Tho I am not quite in the same league as him we feel the same way. Money is not everything and you sure as hell can't take it with you! But of course, it sure is nice to have :)

JetBoatRich
03-28-2003, 07:31 PM
Glad to see most of us have the same view on rich's. :)
But if i had 100 mill or so I wouldn't give it all away, I would keep some for myself wink

NashvilleBound
03-28-2003, 07:42 PM
Give it all away??? Come on. I don't think anyone would. thats crazy talk. But I always hoped that I would make enough money to be able to build homes for first time, low income, buyers out of pocket and I'm almost there.

bchbum
03-28-2003, 08:26 PM
Beihg rich can't be to good , look at Bill Gates he can't take his kids to the mall , park or even for pizza . Could you see him at the river waiting for the ramp? I like my life ,great wife&
the twins , the dogs , hampster & the boat . My job will let me retire at a fairly young age with
a good check coming-in

SCUBA STEVE
03-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Ziggy:
Health, happiness, all my fingers/toes, and two great kids(10 and 20 yr olds)...makes me a "Rich with Life" kinda guy. The green stuff is just gravy on the potatoes to make it all taste better, and a little can go a long way if you know how to spread it out. well said ziggy. i am happy to have a healthy family, everything else is just a bonus.

locogringo
03-28-2003, 10:30 PM
There's rich people and then there are wealthy people.
I'd rather be in the later (Lat>er not leight>er)
Some day...

HCS
03-28-2003, 10:42 PM
Married with kids here. I'll need some trick investment to get there. :p