PDA

View Full Version : Recipes

Boozer
07-07-2003, 07:43 AM
A while back people were posting recipes for Rib's. One person said they actually boiled their ribs in Orange Soda before grilling them. This weekend I tried it and had the most incredibly tender ribs I have ever had in my life. So to whoever recommended that THANK YOU!! Also I'd just like to recommend to those of you who are to lazy to make your own bar b q sauce (like me)a brand to try. Tony Romas Red Sauce. It has a nice kick to it with incredible flavor. Plus you can buy it at Tony Romas for $2.99 a bottle. Beats the $9 a bottle I usually pay for Stubby's and it's better IMO.
Anyone else have any Bar B Q secrets they want to share?

91nordic29
07-07-2003, 08:47 AM
boozer---
you can also soak them in 7-up with all the spices you like (i use garlic, cumin, chili powder)over night then grill with your favotrite sauce! wink

beyondhelpin
07-07-2003, 09:06 AM
For store bought Q sauce Head Country cannot be beat. Has a sweet taste. I even know a few Barbecue joints that use it.
No offense but when I lived in Cali the Barbecue sucked! Cant get veggies here like the road stands there though! Man do I miss that Escondito corn. frown

stroke-me
07-07-2003, 09:28 AM
Try and deep fry your ribs, tender, moist and great! :D

Just Tool'n
07-07-2003, 11:09 AM
Try Boiling them in a can of your favorite beer!
Add peppercorns, Garlic cloves, & 1 onion cut in half. Boil for about 20 min, then go put them on the BBQ!
Oh & dont forget your favorite sauce when puttin on the grill

396_Z
07-07-2003, 03:02 PM
After chicken is done on the Q steam in coors light for 15 min.
Red wine in a spray bottle works well for Q'n up steaks too.
If all else fails go to Nipomo Ca and look for a place called Jocko's.....

Ziggy
07-07-2003, 03:11 PM
396_Z:
If all else fails go to Nipomo Ca and look for a place called Jocko's..... That name rang a bell with me...checked and found out that one of the guys involved with this Steakhouse killed himself(Ex's friends husband) a while back..Great eats though!!! Always heard good about it.

sandblasted
07-07-2003, 03:30 PM
Guess we all have our favorites...
I use dry seasoning on my baby backs, usually just garlic pepper and some Pappy's seasoning, then smother them in Stubb's Mopping sauce, it's vinegar based,not a bbq sauce..put the ribs in a baking pan with a raised rack, add about a 1/2 inch of water and cook them in the oven at 300 degrees for 2 hours, then lower it to 225 for an hour...
throw them on the BBQ just long enough to cook your favorite sauce into them and then dig in! :D

396_Z
07-07-2003, 04:19 PM
Ziggy:
That name rang a bell with me...checked and found out that one of the guys involved with this Steakhouse killed himself(Ex's friends husband) a while back..Great eats though!!! Always heard good about it. Beats me, thats one of the few places in the area that I'm not familliar with who owns it.
What I do know is it's the only thing I miss about CA. There have been several reviews done by various LA based critics who've all said the food more than justify's the drive up.