PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Hicks and Hot Tub

BAE_557
03-21-2006, 08:12 AM
I may have missed it somewhere else on the boards but have the details been posted as to the condition of Jerry Hicks, the condition of "Hot Tub" and the cause of the incident?
Thanks

Cs19
03-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Before the "I heard" stories get all stretced out like they always seem to...
Saw Hicks last night, he is fine. Said his arm is a little sore but feels great otherwise.He was in good spirits and just being Jerry. The guy is amazing.
The boat is ok,no real damage to speak of there..

pce680
03-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Does anybody know the cause of the incident ? :220v:

RCB19
03-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Heard he hit some rollers close after launch.

TRG
03-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Damn!...That sucks!

bp
03-21-2006, 09:32 PM
he wanted to make a half track pass, went there, then eased out when he nosed into a pretty good roller from the other lane. the first roller knocked him off the seat and pedal, and before he could recover and apply power, the second roller knocked him right, and immediately after, the third roller hooked the boat hard left, spitting him. he was trying to get back on the pedal to straighten it, but the rollers just knocked him off too quickly. we were the only ones still there when they left, and joanie said "we'll see you next month". so, i'd expect to see them next month. :cool:

HBjet
03-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Jerry is something else... glad he is ok...
HBjet

pattymelt18
03-21-2006, 11:07 PM
pretty much one of the nicest people you could meet but when its time to race its all business baby!

BUSBY
03-21-2006, 11:58 PM
he wanted to make a half track pass, went there, then eased out when he nosed into a pretty good roller from the other lane. the first roller knocked him off the seat and pedal, and before he could recover and apply power, the second roller knocked him right, and immediately after, the third roller hooked the boat hard left, spitting him. he was trying to get back on the pedal to straighten it, but the rollers just knocked him off too quickly. we were the only ones still there when they left, and joanie said "we'll see you next month". so, i'd expect to see them next month. :cool:
Well said ...
I had to review video footage of the incident ... and that is exactly what seemed to happen.
Jerry took off at least 3 to 4 seconds later than the boat in the other lane ... it appears that the combination of the rollers caused by the other boat and Jerry letting out of the throttle at the exact time that he did caused a hard left hook ... therefore throwing him ...
He's a tough old bird ... wouldn't even let the ambulance personnel look at him before he put on some dry clothes! Shoot ... I was there when he came off of the rescue boat ... he was asking if his boat was okay and upright ...
Jerry is a die hard racer ... and has my utmost respect ... I hope to be half the racer he is at his age.