PDA

View Full Version : Need directions to Black Meadows

moneypit
05-12-2003, 07:54 PM
Can anyone give precise directions to Black Meadow landing from Loa Angeles area. Is it faster to go through needles to the 95 or Palm Springs? I also need some specifics off the 95. Thanks!

BP1330
05-13-2003, 03:17 AM
Go out the 10E to Desert Center (HWY 177) go left. Take that till it merges into HWY 62. Go straight through Vidal Junction (the stop sing and US95) until you get to the next stop sign. Go straight the road dead ends at Black Meadows.

Boatcop
05-13-2003, 02:39 PM
You'll need to turn left before you hit Parker Dam. Otherwise you may be screwed, especially if you're towing a trailer.
Once you get in the area of the old Parker Dam Village, just look for the signs.

1stepcloser
05-13-2003, 03:34 PM
10 fwy east through indio, coachella, over chiriaco summit...approx, 10 miles later is the Deesert Center/Rice road exit. Go left.
Take Rice road all the way to Vidal juction stop sign, go through the stop sign, stay on rice road through the next stop sign, (this is the bridge to parker, turn here if you need fuel). This will follow the parker strip all the way to the top, where you will see a large black and blue sign on the left for Black Meadow Landing. Turn left.
This road will take you all the way to Black Meadows front gate. About halfway through the road will turn pretty bad, you'll likely think you've taken a wrong turn...dont worry, just press on.
PM me if you more help. I've been going there for fifteen years...when are you going up?

THOR
05-13-2003, 03:57 PM
So, let me get this straight. If I turn right at the stop sign at Vidal Junction (US95), this will take me into parker and all the way into havasu?

Free Agent
05-13-2003, 04:42 PM
From Simi Valley:
118 to the
210. Stay on the 210 through the new section until you see the signs directing you to the 10 via the 15. Then take;
15 to the 10 east
to Desert Center. Turn left at the bottom of the offramp. You are on the 177 and proceed.
In about an hour you will junction with the 62 and the highway then becomes the 62 keep going north (straight don't turn left here).
You'll twice cross the railroad tracks where all the Mitsubishi commercials are filmed.
In about another hour you will cross the 95, & a stop sign.
Stay on the 62 (straight, no turns) passing the Agra. Inspection station on your left.
Continue on the 62 and you'll see mile marker signs saying Parker, Earp ect.
In about 35+ minutes you'll come to another stop sign with a little market on the left, and the bridge to Parker on the right.
Keep going straight (unless you want to cross the bridge and gas up in Parker for one third less than Black Meadow.) and you'll see a sign with mileage listed to all the Calif side campgrounds including Black Meadow.
You'll then approach Parker Dam.
The turnoff to Black Meadow is just before the security barriers for the dam. Look for the black meadow sign and proceed to the end of the road quite a long drive from that point.
Take carrots if ya like to feed burros there's hundreds of them along that stretch of road at night.
- The Turbo Family
Yea, that's our real name
"Those Who Say Money Can't Buy Happiness Never Had Either One"
[ May 13, 2003, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Free Agent ]

moneypit
05-13-2003, 07:36 PM
Thanks for all the help. I'll be up there Wed night until Sunday. I have a place in Havasu Landing and I have never stayed down there. Drop by and say hi. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/84Cheetah_2003-med.jpg

Boatcop
05-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Take carrots if ya like to feed burros there's hundreds of them along that stretch of road at night.
Take heed to that statement. Drive cautiously and alertly. Not just on the road from Parker Dam to Black Meadow, but especially on the road from Earp to Parker Dam.
Those suckers can do a buttload of damage to your vehicle (and possibly your bodies) if you hit one at a good clip.
They seem to appear out of nowhere, and DO NOT even attempt to get out of your way.
This time of year they have babies with them too. Not a good way to earn points with the lady friend if you smush a baby burro.

THOR
05-14-2003, 05:41 AM
Free Agent:
From Simi Valley:
118 to the
210. Stay on the 210 through the new section until you see the signs directing you to the 10 via the 15. Then take;
15 to the 10 east
to Desert Center. Turn left at the bottom of the offramp. You are on the 177 and proceed.
In about an hour you will junction with the 62 and the highway then becomes the 62 keep going north (straight don't turn left here).
You'll twice cross the railroad tracks where all the Mitsubishi commercials are filmed.
In about another hour you will cross the 95, & a stop sign.
Stay on the 62 (straight, no turns) passing the Agra. Inspection station on your left.
Continue on the 62 and you'll see mile marker signs saying Parker, Earp ect.
In about 35+ minutes you'll come to another stop sign with a little market on the left, and the bridge to Parker on the right.
Keep going straight (unless you want to cross the bridge and gas up in Parker for one third less than Black Meadow.) and you'll see a sign with mileage listed to all the Calif side campgrounds including Black Meadow.
You'll then approach Parker Dam.
The turnoff to Black Meadow is just before the security barriers for the dam. Look for the black meadow sign and proceed to the end of the road quite a long drive from that point.
- The Turbo Family
Yea, that's our real name
"Those Who Say Money Can't Buy Happiness Never Had Either One" Free Agent aka 'Map quest'
how would I go to Parker (not black meadows) from Huntington Beach. I havent been on Rice road for years and would like to go that way to Havasu, but I am afraid I will miss the turn.