PDA

View Full Version : People's Court

Seadog
05-28-2003, 11:16 AM
Had lunch at one of my favorite spots. I always sit near the TV because it is away from the group chatters. Today they had People's Court on. Apparently this gal bought a couple of mopeds for her and her 'girlfriend' from a dealer on E-bay. The dealer was in Long Island. The dealer brought the mopeds to the women and did a quick demo of how to start them. They put gas into the mopeds after the dealer left and couldn't get the things to start. It looks like they flooded the motors and then ran the batteries down.
They were suing the guy because the batteries were defective since they would not crank the engines over until they started. Even the judge was asking why the batteries shouldn't be called defective if they lost charge.
Now granted, the dealer acted like a bit of a jackass, and I think little of the reported information from the manufacturer, but the fact remains these gals expected a gas engine to act like a TV, microwave, vibrator or something. They had no concept of flooding the engine or how anything worked. It scares me that I could be meeting these gals, or their ilk, on the roadways. Hell, they probably wanted to drive them down the freeway because they felt the damn things would pollute less than their Honda Civic. burningm burningm

Boozer
05-28-2003, 11:31 AM
So did the "girlfriends" lose the case or win it?

Seadog
05-28-2003, 12:33 PM
I left before judgement. I had made my decision and didn't care to hear the judge's. The uninformed judging fools is not my idea of entertainment.

topless
05-28-2003, 01:08 PM
Were they modeds that bought the mopeds?????? :confused: :p