PDA

View Full Version : RD / drinking and boating

CA Stu
07-10-2003, 11:44 PM
Does RD have the right idea about drinking and boating?

Jungle Boy
07-11-2003, 12:11 AM
That's good poll. :cool:

JetBoatRich
07-11-2003, 03:24 AM
RD just speaks his mind :D
:o operating any type of vehicle wasted is stupid :o Not so for much for the driver, but what about the other people in the vehicle ot the ones in danger around you eek!
having a beer and relaxing on the water, should not be as a big of a deal as many make it out to be (castaic)

Rexone
07-11-2003, 03:36 AM
So what's the purpose of this poll? I thought RD left all the forums a week ago to work. :p

sorry dog
07-11-2003, 04:23 AM
operating any type of vehicle wasted is stupid I thought that's what go kart tracks are for...

Boozer
07-11-2003, 05:12 AM
To drink or to boat? That is the question. I say you should all invest in a MONKEY!!
http://www.enseirb.fr/~delabre/smil/smil_conseil.gif
[ July 11, 2003, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: Boozer ]

HCS
07-11-2003, 05:21 AM
It's ok to drink while boating. Who's RD? :p

HavasuDreamin'
07-11-2003, 05:51 AM
Looks like fat chicks may be in his future. eek!

MagicMtnDan
07-11-2003, 06:12 AM
Forget about drinking while boating. We should be finding a way to boat while drinking.

CA Stu
07-11-2003, 10:56 AM
RiverDave:
I would've liked to have seen question to have the limit raised back to .10 from .08.. .15 is probably a little on the excessive side..
Just so ya know Stu, I don't really "condone" drunk boating. I just don't see anything wrong with having a FEW beers while your boating.
To be perfectly honest though, yes I've seen a few turn into drunk.. but I guess the people I know are smart enough to know when there plowed so they either float it or idle it home..
It's the dumbasses that think that night time = flat water = speed runs that are killing people. Just so happens there drunk as well.
What's interesting is I keep hearing "Every person involved in an accident was drinking." What you don't hear is "So was everyone else on the water that day so what difference does it make?"
RD RD, there is no doubt in my mind that you are one of the people that don't go berzerk after a few beers. I am too. Trouble is, not everyone else is.
We've all heard of "liquid courage", right?Judgment is the first thing to go after a couple of beers. I mean, why else would I have posted such a stupid poll ?
:rolleyes:
Thanks for being a sport, by the way.
Basically, the law means to me "Don't operate your vehicle if you're too drunk to do so in a safe fashion."
And as Dear old Dad told me , "Laws are meant for the guidance of wise men and the strict obedience of fools."
Cheers
CA Stu
PS when I got a DUI in '86, I was .13 and wasn't driving like an asshole, didn't feel drunk at all... fat lot of good that did me

Fat Chance
07-11-2003, 11:08 AM
Having boated my entire life, practicing common sense and safety (totally RA), sober or not, and knowing my limits with respect to acohloic consumtion, I tend to favor RD's point of view.

Boozer
07-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Since my Monkey idea is not feasible for most of you let me make another suggestion.
Get a G/F or Female buddy with benefits that is like 18 or 19 yrs old. Make her feel important by allowing her to be your designated driver and allow her to drive your o so nice boat. This is good for a few reasons.
1. You get to get downright hammered and not worry about an OUI.
2. You are getting ass from a hot little 18 or 19 year old.
3. Read statement 2.
Only draw back is that I trust myself drunk over most women drivers. Then again that is why I have comprehensive and collission insurance :)

CA Stu
07-11-2003, 11:35 AM
Boozer:
Since my Monkey idea is not feasible for most of you let me make another suggestion.
Get a G/F or Female buddy with benefits that is like 18 or 19 yrs old. Make her feel important by allowing her to be your designated driver and allow her to drive your o so nice boat. This is good for a few reasons.
3. Read statement 2.
Only draw back is that I trust myself drunk over most women drivers. Then again that is why I have comprehensive and collission insurance :) That is a great idea, man! Another pearl of wisdom from the boozester!
Let me run it by the missus!
CA Stu

Boozer
07-11-2003, 11:45 AM
CA Stu:
Boozer:
3. Read statement 2.
Only draw back is that I trust myself drunk over most women drivers. Then again that is why I have comprehensive and collission insurance :) That is a great idea, man! Another pearl of wisdom from the boozester!
Let me run it by the missus!
CA Stu Now you're takin all the fun out of it. Sometimes being responsible requires a person to do things that he should not tell the better half. Consider it a neccessary evil.
May the Force be with you.

rrrr
07-11-2003, 11:52 AM
Like the idea of the teenage designated diver, er, driver heheh.
I'm surprised no one has commented on the concern we have all shown for RD and his run toward ruin and fat gals. Turn back now, RD. There's still time. :D :D

Boozer
07-11-2003, 11:54 AM
rrrr:
Like the idea of the teenage designated diver, er, driver heheh.
I'm surprised no one has commented on the concern we have all shown for RD and his run toward ruin and fat gals. Turn back now, RD. There's still time. :D :D Well RD could prolly find some young dumb skinny college girls that will be his designated diver.