PDA

View Full Version : The Best Wife!

LHC30Victory
05-28-2003, 04:46 PM
I must be charmed!
We were looking for a 27' to upgrade to last year when the wife saw the new 28 Advantage Victory. She loved it and down went HER money to hold it till we could scrape up the rest.
Last week we picked out colors etc, went for a ride (a great riding boat) but when we came back to the showroom, she walked around a little and we now have a 30 Victory with TWINS on order!
Oh, by the way, I need a new screen name cause the four winns is now history.

bear down
05-28-2003, 04:49 PM
FourWinnsFamily:
I must be charmed!
We were looking for a 27' to upgrade to last year when the wife saw the new 28 Advantage Victory. She loved it and down went HER money to hold it till we could scrape up the rest.
Last week we picked out colors etc, went for a ride (a great riding boat) but when we came back to the showroom, she walked around a little and we now have a 30 Victory with TWINS on order!
Oh, by the way, I need a new screen name cause the four winns is now history. Congrats on the new boat and the great wife. My wife is also the same way, we purchased a Eliminator Eagle this year and she is already thinking of the 28' Eagle or the 27' Daytona, how can you argue with that, Great Wife + Great Boat = Happy Marriage. Congrats again!

Danhercules
05-28-2003, 04:53 PM
You guys got it good. but i think this is hard to beat. I bought my boat the day before our wedding. I think that rocks!!!!

LHC30Victory
05-28-2003, 05:00 PM
Very cool Dan...but did you do that so it wasn't community property?

Danhercules
05-28-2003, 05:03 PM
LOL. No way. I got it for $2500. If it ever came down to that, she can have it.

wsuwrhr
05-28-2003, 05:12 PM
anyone want to trade? I can't convince my wife we need a second SMALL boat, let alone SUPPORT it. I'm not talking a $50,000 boat here.
Some guys get all the brakes,
Brian
[ May 28, 2003, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

Tom Brown
05-28-2003, 05:12 PM
That's funny, I feel like I have the best wife. She knows just how I like it too.
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/yeah.jpg

Eric455
05-28-2003, 05:18 PM
not married yet. ohh wait this is the exact same reason that i'm not married yet. i need to find my self a lady that thinks like some of you wifes.
eric

SCUBA STEVE
05-28-2003, 05:54 PM
lucky guys. Well If I had the cash I would be upgrading too. w/o any argument from my wife. maybe mrs scuba will take on a second job to pay for the upgrade? Now that would be hard to beat. wink

Mrs Scuba
05-28-2003, 06:29 PM
SCUBA STEVE:
lucky guys. Well If I had the cash I would be upgrading too. w/o any argument from my wife. maybe mrs scuba will take on a second job to pay for the upgrade? Now that would be hard to beat. wink We've only had the boat for about 6 months and already looking at upgrading to a deck boat. eek! Hey maybe I will take on that 2nd job just for my hubby. wink We'll see...

LHC30Victory
05-28-2003, 06:46 PM
Did I mention she used the money from her second job?
AND that she puts it on the trailer and helps clean it?
Tom - is that a result of those LONG winters? LOL

moneypit
05-28-2003, 07:41 PM
I think my wife is great.. She just informed me that we will be taking five of her hot friends to Havasu for the 4th. She is buying them all wife beaters for our own private cove wet Tee-shirt contest. They have all agreed to make me breakfast dinner.... make the sandwiches. Keep the beer cold and last but not least, they are going out to buy some fun adult board games.
should be intersting

Hal
05-28-2003, 07:50 PM
Interesting? Please let us all know how it turns out. :D :D :D

SCUBA STEVE
05-28-2003, 09:30 PM
ok moneypit, your the winner & very lucky, let us know how it turns out.
fourwinnfam, I would say your very lucky too, but moneypit has the 6-1 ratio going right now.
I think thats every mans dream.

26 QUEST
05-30-2003, 01:03 PM
MY WIFE AND I WERE IN CHICAGO ON NEW YEARS EVE AND SHE SAID WE COULD GO TO THE BOAT SHOW THE NEXT DAY , THAT ALONE WAS GREAT, BUT WHEN SHE SAW OUR 26 POWERQUEST SITTING THERE AND WANTED IT I WAS IN HEAVEN! WHO SAID HAVING A HANGOVER WAS BAD?

BlownPickle
05-30-2003, 08:03 PM
When my wife heard I was puttin' my blown boat together she said and I quote " Good for you honey now that you're fully blown that's one less wifely duty I have to preform....RIGHT"?......Geeeeeeeeeez!!!

mtndewdrops
05-30-2003, 09:35 PM
Welcome Blown Pickle...cool screen name...LMAO
I was looking for a used LaveyCraft for around 30K and my wife had been wanting an Essex, but we didn't think we could afford one. eek!
We ended up finding our '99 Sterling for the price of the Laveycraft and I must admit, the Essex is a mighty fine boat.
:D THANKS HONEY :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/550Mrs__Dewdrops.jpg
[ May 30, 2003, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: mtndewdrops ]

XFactor
05-31-2003, 07:29 AM
FourWinns, That’s a very impressive move. Family cruiser to a family hot rod. :cool:
In 2002 my wife had no argument to a new 22-foot DCB. Nine months later we were back at DCB ordering a new F26 with twin outboards. That summer we got married on 6/22 and went strait to Havasu to buy a summer home on 6/23. Then the honeymoon began and hasn't stopped yet. Now that’s a special wife and I'm a very happy husband :D :D :D

hd&boatrider
05-31-2003, 01:33 PM
I got rid of the wife years back...went out and bought 2 boats, 2 harleys, remodeled the house in Corona and bought a house in BHC. hd&boatrider + marriage= disaster never again! Good luck for all of you though :)