PDA

View Full Version : Windsor or Havasu Marina or ???

H2on22
05-06-2003, 09:32 AM
Want to know where everyone will be launching from come Memorial Day weekend given the Marina's recent "attitude" towards the Hot Boat crowd. Also how do they compare against each other? Cost, convience, parking, vandalism, etc. Share your experiences.

Havasu Cig
05-06-2003, 09:49 AM
The Marina is a better facility with a better ramp and it is protected from current and most of the high winds. Cost to launch is $10.00. The Mnager and some of the staff are a$$holes regarding noise, and there is now a restriction of boats over 36'. Boats over 30' can only launch from lane 7 according to their website.
Windsor is unprotected from both wind and current, but is not to bad on calm days. You can buy a yearly pass or it is $8.00 to launch. If you are over 55' in total length you must park in overflow.
Site 6 is free but it is a short, steep and unprotected ramp. There is also a fairly narrow approach to get to the ramp, and it has a tight turn. In a smaller boat site 6 is ok, but a larger boat would be hard to launch there. There have also been problems there with fights. The free ramp seems to attract some of the biggest a$$holes IMO.
I would encourage everyone not to use the Marina untill their attitudes change. my.02

SCUBA STEVE
05-06-2003, 10:33 AM
I will be staying at crazyhorse for memorial, they have their own launch ramp. It gets a little hectic on the ramp that Sunday. But other then that no problems. I only have a 21' boat though.
I have been staying at crazyhorse the past 5 memorials, no problems with vandalism at all. They are more strict now then in years past. Still a good time though. :D
Also you dont have to hike a mile to your rig. you launch, go around to the beach and park your rig there, and have who ever is driving your boat pick you up at the beach.
[ May 06, 2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

mbrown2
05-06-2003, 04:53 PM
I will be launching out of Havasu Springs.

THATJEFFGUY
05-06-2003, 05:05 PM
Since I keep the boat in Ft Mohave, I'll launch at Park Moabi...then I can stop by the Sandbar on my way down to Havasu, it's only about 35 minutes.

dkreuzen
05-06-2003, 06:34 PM
I have been using Windsor for over 10 years and have never had a problem with wind, current or wave action. There have been times when I thought it was going to be a problem but the wife got the boat on the trailer with out any help. The problem time is when it's crowded but that goes for all the ramps. I always use the north ramp because the south ramp has a drop off and is a problem for longer boats. The north ramp can be tough getting a long rig turned around and backed up into the water because of a retalivly small turning area.
Dennis

SoCalOffshore
05-06-2003, 08:27 PM
How is the ramp at Havasu Springs? Where is the best place to stay there?

mbrown2
05-06-2003, 08:43 PM
SoCalOffshore:
How is the ramp at Havasu Springs? Where is the best place to stay there? The ramp is good...helps if you have a 4x4 or a little higher vehicle because the ramp is not steep, so you have to back the trailer in a ways..
As for the room situation, I am unsure what the details are there, we stayed there like 18 years ago in some apartment type rooms they had and they were nice, not sure what they have now...their info is
Havasu Springs Resort
2581 Highway 95
Parker, Arizona 85344
Tel: 928.667.3361
Fax: 928.667.1098
Or check their website is www.havasusprings.com (http://www.havasusprings.com)
PS: check the availability on the vista suites, they were located in the outer harbor and had nice views..