PDA

View Full Version : Can you change these colors in photoshop, please!

roln 20s
08-20-2003, 10:48 AM
Hello,
I was hoping that someone has enough skills to use photo shop and change the colors of this pic.
Request: can you make all of the red- WHITE, and all of the yellow- BLUE!
and then feel free to add any other color combos you think would be cool.
Just getting some ideas, but think these flames are bad ass.
http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/dealer/1289189/52739582_1.jpg
Thanks,
Roln 20s

Phat_Kat
08-20-2003, 11:07 AM
I'll take a wack at it. :D :D :D

FreddieB81
08-20-2003, 11:23 AM
Hey Patrick, what's up bro?
That boat looks pretty wicked as it is. When are you thinking about buying?

roln 20s
08-20-2003, 11:30 AM
Hey Patrick, what's up bro?
That boat looks pretty wicked as it is. When are you thinking about buying?
Not much is new- you need to meet us all up at the lake one of these days. Check these forums and look in the HotSpots- West and look for the pleasant outtings.
Thanks dude, I think that boat is bad ass too. If everything works out right, hopefully I'm be rolling a new boat next year this time.
Roln 20s

Boozer
08-20-2003, 12:05 PM
So where's the results of you taking a wack at it?

Boozer
08-20-2003, 12:05 PM
Double
[ August 20, 2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Boozer ]

Phat_Kat
08-20-2003, 12:19 PM
Boozer:
So where's the results of you taking a wack at it? not good :(
I keep getting pink cry
Tried to take a wack at it but I think I should stick to wackin off.
[ August 20, 2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Phat_Kat ]

Boozer
08-20-2003, 12:50 PM
Make the flames green and red-pink. That would like awesome like a mint green for the flames and then add some poke a dots.

mickeyfinn
08-20-2003, 12:52 PM
Here is a very crude version. Should give you some idea. Would take a couple of hours to do it right. http://home.mindspring.com/~hypermarine/52739582_1.jpg

h2oski2fast
08-20-2003, 12:56 PM
I would be very careful about copying someone else's design. There are copy right laws to keep people from copying desgns. Advantage paid me $1500 for copying a design that I drew up, that went on another boat. There is another situation going on at the moment that I can't comment on with another manufacturer. If Eliminator designed that design, then it belongs to them, if a client paid them for a "custom" design, then it belongs to the customer. I know this kinda thing is common place in the custom boat industry, but if I'm paid to design unique graphics for a boat then that design should not be copied unless authorized by the owner of the design. The problem is that people don't have the imagination and are too cheap to hire someone to design graphics of their own.
http://www.hillbankusa.com/signfx/riverpics/eliwhiteblue.jpg

roln 20s
08-20-2003, 01:11 PM
I would be very careful about copying someone else's design. Goodpoint! I'm still a year out, but just checking out some ideas. There is a good chance that I will buy the 25 daytona, so therefore Eliminator will have the rights to this flame job if thats what I decide. Plus, this design was done by Elim for the SEMA show, boats forsale, never titled.
Thanks guys. I thought you would just be able to put the photo in photo shop, click on the red and change it. I didn't think it would be that difficult. But either way, those turned out good. I really like design...looks great, probably in any color.
Thanks again, and feel free to keep trying! :D
Roln 20s

h2oski2fast
08-20-2003, 01:12 PM
Boozer:
Make the flames green and red-pink. That would like awesome like a mint green for the flames and then add some poke a dots. How about this! Both designs took about 10 minutes. I use Photoshop for a living. Yeah I could spend more time and make it look better, but it should give you an idea.
http://www.hillbankusa.com/signfx/riverpics/eliyuck.jpg

roln 20s
08-20-2003, 01:32 PM
Mickeyfinn and H20ski2fast- I shot you 5 stars for your assistance.
H20- you still get 5 even though the poke a dots are not too cool, but I understand- BOOZER made you :D
Thanks again. BTW- an all white boat with mint green flames and some gray pinstripping wouldn't be too bad.
Roln 20s

roln 20s
08-20-2003, 01:34 PM
What about an all BLUE boat with WHITE flames? Can someone build this when time permits?
Thanks again,
Roln 20s

MagicMtnDan
08-20-2003, 02:00 PM
h2oski2fast:
Advantage paid me $1500 for copying a design that I drew up, that went on another boat...I'm paid to design unique graphics for a boat then that design should not be copied unless authorized by the owner of the design. The problem is that people don't have the imagination and are too cheap to hire someone to design graphics of their own.Sounds like you do boat graphic design too. How much does something like that cost? I never really gave it much thought since I figured I could design something myself (not easy to draw/PhotoShop it for me but at least it'd be what I like).
Who else does boat graphic design?

Trailer Park Casanova
08-20-2003, 03:44 PM
Some time back, Dick Hoffman, formerly of Larson boats, started his own boat company Addictor Boats, in Dana Point Calif.
Addictor boats were first sold to Disneyworld to be used as rentals in there Lake Buena Vista attraction.
Resorts and amusement parks all over the USA and world then wanted them.
Hoffman set up a booth at the LA Boat show,, and sold quite a few, so then over the next several years sold plenty more at boatshows around the world.
He had a dealer in Lake Havasu that decided to build a knock off version and bypass buying his boats from Hoffman. Not because it was cheaper, but because Hoffman was an impossible A Hole to deal with.
Hoffman sued.
Hoffman lost under the 15% rule.
"If the design, shape, style, or graphics vary at least 15% you have no case.
The lawsuit cost Hoffman about $30.000 in 1985 dollars.
Shortly there after, Sea Doo introduced the XP sit down PWC, & Yamaha the WaveRunner causing Hoffmans business to plummet. He quickly sold the company to a unsuspecting patsy, and it went bankrupt shortly after the sale.
"Most unpleasant person I ever met"- Dennis Kerns, Walt Disney World Imagineer ( on Hoffman).
[ August 20, 2003, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

shockwavebd
08-20-2003, 03:55 PM
MagicMtnDan:
h2oski2fast:
Advantage paid me $1500 for copying a design that I drew up, that went on another boat...I'm paid to design unique graphics for a boat then that design should not be copied unless authorized by the owner of the design. The problem is that people don't have the imagination and are too cheap to hire someone to design graphics of their own.Sounds like you do boat graphic design too. How much does something like that cost? I never really gave it much thought since I figured I could design something myself (not easy to draw/PhotoShop it for me but at least it'd be what I like).
Who else does boat graphic design? Dan give speedwear a call in huntington beach ask for dave he helped me with mine and did a great job 714-375-4111

h2oski2fast
08-20-2003, 04:57 PM
Yes I do graphic designs. They can then be gelcoated in the mold. I have done this a number of times. I have done graphics for Advantage, Shockwave and Commander. Price for design starts at $500 and goes up. I will work woth the manufacturer and their gelcoaters to make sure they have the ability to do the graphics (which most do).
As for the copyrighed material. I understand the laws concerning the designs I do. The actuall design has to be proven an overall 30% difference (not including colors). When I create a file the date is automatically embedded in the file with a watermark. This proves authenticty. We there are way around the time stamp, but if it's rarely bypassed.
Here's a design I did for Commander. It's kinda different, but that's what they wanted. This design was featured in HB mag last month. I designed a color version close to what was in the mag, but I guess they wanted to add some other colors as well.
http://www.hillbankusa.com/signfx/riverpics/comcatgr3.jpg
[ August 20, 2003, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: h2oski2fast ]

h2oski2fast
08-20-2003, 04:58 PM
ooooppppss.
[ August 20, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: h2oski2fast ]

syke-o
08-20-2003, 07:22 PM
that is a wild color scheme....

seaspeeder
03-02-2006, 06:13 AM
Some time back, Dick Hoffman, formerly of Larson boats, started his own boat company Addictor Boats, in Dana Point Calif.
Addictor boats were first sold to Disneyworld to be used as rentals in there Lake Buena Vista attraction.
Resorts and amusement parks all over the USA and world then wanted them.
Hoffman set up a booth at the LA Boat show,, and sold quite a few, so then over the next several years sold plenty more at boatshows around the world.
He had a dealer in Lake Havasu that decided to build a knock off version and bypass buying his boats from Hoffman. Not because it was cheaper, but because Hoffman was an impossible A Hole to deal with.
Hoffman sued.
Hoffman lost under the 15% rule.
"If the design, shape, style, or graphics vary at least 15% you have no case.
The lawsuit cost Hoffman about $30.000 in 1985 dollars.
Shortly there after, Sea Doo introduced the XP sit down PWC, & Yamaha the WaveRunner causing Hoffmans business to plummet. He quickly sold the company to a unsuspecting patsy, and it went bankrupt shortly after the sale.
"Most unpleasant person I ever met"- Dennis Kerns, Walt Disney World Imagineer ( on Hoffman).
[ August 20, 2003, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]
HI, I HAVE READ YOUR THREAD CONCERNING RICHARD HOFFMAN AND ADDICTOR BOATS, COULD YOU PLEASE CONTACT ME AT discountscooters@hotmail.com AS I AM TRYING TO LOCATE RICHARD TO INTERVIEW HIM ABOUT HIS OLD BUSINESS ADDICTOR BOATS, (JUST OUT OF PERSONAL INTEREST OF COURSE) DO YOU KNOW WHERE I COULD FIND HIM OR ANY OF HIS RELATIVES - BEST REGARDS - SEASPEEDER

seaspeeder
03-02-2006, 06:17 AM
HI, I HAVE READ YOUR THREAD CONCERNING RICHARD HOFFMAN AND ADDICTOR BOATS, COULD YOU PLEASE CONTACT ME AT discountscooters@hotmail.com AS I AM TRYING TO LOCATE RICHARD OR THE PERSON THAT HE SOLD THE BUSINESS TO, TO INTERVIEW EITHER OF THEM ABOUT THEIR OLD BUSINESS ADDICTOR BOATS, (JUST OUT OF PERSONAL INTEREST OF COURSE) DO YOU KNOW WHERE I COULD FIND HIM OR ANY OF HIS RELATIVES - BEST REGARDS - SEASPEEDER