PDA

View Full Version : AZ Boat Title

CCF
08-22-2003, 02:00 PM
A question for those of you that have your boats registered and paid for in AZ. I just paid off the loan on my boat and have not received a pink(title). Being that it is registered in AZ do they have pinks like California? It's been 2 months since I paid the boat off and the bank sent a letter indicating that they release interest in the boat and I have not received anything. I figured this would be a quick place to get an answer. Thanks in advance.

blownmoney
08-22-2003, 02:02 PM
obviously another one helping californias deficit!!

Floored
08-22-2003, 02:12 PM
in az my loan is secured by the trailer and there is actually no lien on the boat.weird huh. az doesn't give a title on the boat. the registration you carry in the boat is also what you sign off on when you sell it, just like a title. they require you to carry the original when boating but tell you not to leave it in the boat or if its stolen they have the title in their possesion and could actually transfer title with it. Your az registration should'nt show a lienholder. strange boat laws HUH where is your trailer registered?

nextasex
08-22-2003, 08:07 PM
CCF, AZ does not have Pink slips nor title forms like Cal. Once you pay off the boat, it's paid off. The AZ fish and game says to carry your registration and release of interest paper from the bank. Wierd...I know.
Frank

C-2
08-22-2003, 08:33 PM
I believe AZ is a “titleless” state, meaning the lienholder does not hold the pink as security. However, in AZ they create a lien by filing a UCC filing…which gives public notice of a secured loan. If you took delivery of the boat in AZ, then there is no “pink”. However, if you took delivery in CA and later registered in AZ – then you will need to get the pink back from the lender.
I’m also in CA and recently paid off my boat that was originally secured in CA but later registered in AZ. The CA (actually Texas) lender sent me the pink within a few weeks.
But I guess it doesn’t matter either way….if your boat was secured in AZ, then it’s paid off and there should be a UCC termination. If your boat was secured in CA but later registered in AZ…you don’t need to do anything, since AZ does not require the pink to transfer title (which it sounds like you have already done).
Bottom line is my boat is registered in AZ, but I still have a CA pink in hand…don’t ask me what to do with the damn thing!
Make any sense?

CCF
08-23-2003, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the info guys.
My boat was bought in California but from the beginning registered in AZ as non-resident. When I bought my boat they were suppose to register my trailer in California but forgot when they sent the paper work so it was registered to AZ also. The first week I had the boat I went to Triple AAA and changed the trailer to California. So I'm good to go now.