PDA

View Full Version : Maui Vacation at the top of this thread.

spectratoad
10-07-2002, 04:29 PM
I just was wondering if anyone has used this company that is advertising this vaca package. Or if there is another company or agent that anyone has used and is reputable. :confused: Just don't want to by a package and get there and fight the roaches for the bed. eek!

Havasu Cig
10-07-2002, 05:30 PM
I don't know about the company on the banner but we went through AAA this past year when we went. We went to a private travel agent first but AAA got us a much better package.
We stayed on Oahu for 3 days at the Outrigger on Waikiki and then the Embassy (very nice suite) for 7 days on Kaanapali beach on Maui. The whole thing with airfair, inter-Island transfer and a jeep was about 3k for two adults.
If you get a good agent they will check around for deals for you from the hotels and airlines. The agent we went to at AAA got two nights on Maui for us for free and the rate was $350.00 a night so she saved us a good chunk of money. Good luck and have fun, Hawaii is great!!

spectratoad
10-08-2002, 04:12 AM
Thanks Havasu Cat. Hawaii is fun. I have been there a couple times on the big gray cruise line courtesy of the US Navy but now the wife wants to go. That was my next stop, AAA.

HavasuDreamin'
10-08-2002, 07:36 AM
Never been to Hawaii, but I just got back from 8 days in the Fijian Islands. Absolute, complete utter paradise!!! :rolleyes:
If you ever want to try something a little different than Hawaii, I would recommend the south pacific. We used Gone Tropo which is out of the San Francisco area and I would highly recommend them. Great agent!
Be prepared though, Fiji or Tahiti will be a little more than the $1,700 advertised above and a little more than HavasuCig's Hawaii experience. Well worth it though, a trip of a lifetime!

spectratoad
10-08-2002, 09:14 AM
HD, I love the south pacific. Been to a few spots. I really enjoyed Thailand. Keep trying to talk her into going there but she has no desire to go there. The south pacific is nice though. Have always wanted to go to Fiji and Bora-Bora.

24RODjr
10-08-2002, 09:24 AM
All I gotta say is stay the hell away from Vietnam. ;-)

spectratoad
10-08-2002, 01:14 PM
But I hear the meat in the rice bowls has a rather unique taste. eek!

Froggystyle
10-08-2002, 10:01 PM
I never spam for shit in here, but I actually know the owner of the ad site on the top of the page now and again... www.mauiinfo.com (http://www.mauiinfo.com) and they are a growth company absolutely hell bent on making all of their new clients stoked.
I would absolutely recommend them.

24RODjr
10-08-2002, 10:24 PM
spectratoad:
But I hear the meat in the rice bowls has a rather unique taste. eek! You are correct....I speak from experience....
ugh...
-Chris

spectratoad
10-09-2002, 06:34 AM
Froggy, Maybe I will have the wife give them a call. Thanks.

Rickster
10-09-2002, 05:53 PM
My wife and I spent almost two weeks in Maui at The Intercontinental on the south end of the island that actually looks like the desert near Havasu! The Hotel was new, (a long time ago). We had a great vacation and would love to go back. Our room was huge and less than 100' feet from the waves! Slept great! The rest of the island is very different, lush huge canyons, volcanos, alot to see and do. Look at something I found last week , www.bananabanana.com (http://www.bananabanana.com)

spectratoad
10-09-2002, 07:16 PM
Hey Rickster, I can't talk the wife into it. I am not sure I would be able to either but then again I have never done it. I really think it would be a blast. It is on my list of things to do before I die. :D