PDA

View Full Version : California Speedway ?'s

fear the turtle
03-03-2003, 10:58 AM
I know somebody here has to know or could help. I'm going to the race in april, with a group, which will be our first time to this track. Could someone please let me know, which is the best part of the grandstand, east/center/west? In conjunction with the race and other activities(beer stands, bathrooms, grub, and souvenir trucks)? Also how high up do you need to be to see the entire track.? And any special parking lots we should look for for tailgating?
thanks in advance for any help.

Party Cat
03-03-2003, 11:33 AM
Can't really say what part of the grandstands would be better, but Turn 4 usually has some action. As far as how high to see the whole track, Ya need to be in the SkyBox's to see everything. Here's a shot of a car coming out of turn 2 from a SkyBox :D
http://www.speedcraving.com/dynda/jim/hb/P4280060.jpg
As for your other questions....The best grub I've found is at BOHICA's Motorhome in the infield.

bohica
03-03-2003, 12:36 PM
I'd buy turn 4, row 30 or higher. Shorter walk than turn 1.
Party Cat,
We'll be partying at our usual spot all weekend. NASCAR weekend goes off way bigger than the CART weekend. Stop on by again, and bring the whole family this time.

fear the turtle
03-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Wow, that's kind of bad. But thanks for the tip, I guess no need to spend the extra bucks to sit up high in the grandstands. :)
RV's are definently the best way to enjoy a race, but I won't be doing it here. Growing up, we always went in the infield at Dover and would jump the fence to pit row following the race to watch the winner circle celebration and catch a hat when they threw them to the crowd after sponsor photos. In 89? maybe 90, I actually caught Dale Earnhardt's Goodwrench hat. If I only knew.