PDA

View Full Version : new river house

Raskal
06-07-2003, 10:26 PM
well new to me and not bad for $2200. it runs great and everything works good :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/158new_river_house-med.jpg
:D
it came with all the original paper work
[ June 07, 2003, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Raskal ]

Mandelon
06-07-2003, 11:09 PM
Now all you need is to paint with some tribal flames....or wait.....checkers...yeah. :D :D

RiverKitty
06-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Mandelon:
Now all you need is to paint with some tribal flames....or wait.....checkers...yeah. :D :D That's EXACTLY what I was gonna say!!! Seriously! That and name it, "The Love Shack"!!! :D :p Yeah Baby!!! :D

Raskal
06-07-2003, 11:22 PM
trible flames sound good.
my little girl calls it THE BEAST
and the wife wants to go leopard print or tiki hut for the inside wink

RiverKitty
06-07-2003, 11:29 PM
Ooooo! I like the leopard print idea!!! Meow! :D

Mandelon
06-07-2003, 11:30 PM
Redo the siding to diamond plate.....

JetBoatRich
06-08-2003, 05:25 AM
Nothing like taking the RV out to a campsite and watching everyone else put their tents up argue have fun, one piece of advice check the fuel lines that go from the tank up, they rot after a few years. First thing I did to mine after the headers were installed, and they were bad.

wsuwrhr
06-08-2003, 07:59 AM
Right on Raskal. It bought one just like it a few months ago. I ditched the 17.5 wheels and bought some alloys for it. I can't find any pictures of it with the wheels on, I don't know where I put them. If I can't find them, I'll go snap some real quick and post for you.
I agree about checking out fuel lines and such. Give it a once over underneath and change all the fluids.
Brian
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/63pimpwheel.jpg
[ June 08, 2003, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

wsuwrhr
06-08-2003, 08:16 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/63motorhomesidesm.jpg
I had a thread up when I bought it, but I guess I never put up pictures after I put the wheels on.
Anyway, cool buy, you will love it. It cost about $175 to get to Needles and back from Upland. Better than paying for a hotel.

wsuwrhr
06-08-2003, 08:17 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/63motorhomefront.jpg

wsuwrhr
06-08-2003, 08:18 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/63motorhomewheels.jpg

Raskal
06-08-2003, 09:22 AM
yah i bought it from my brother inlaw and he just replaced alot of feul and water lines
and nice wheels wsuwrhr

Raskal
06-08-2003, 09:39 AM
Heres the real deal http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/158P6080220-med.JPG
:D should have lots of fun in this bad boy

Tom Brown
06-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Mandelon:
Redo the siding to diamond plate..... Nice. :D :D :D
JetBoatRich:
...check the fuel lines that go from the tank up, they rot after a few years.That's not rot; that's wear. :D
I hope you have a ton of fun with that unit, Rascal. I've got a ton of great camping memories. It adds a dimension of togetherness and self sufficiency that you don't get in a hotel. :)
-- Tom

missboatnam1
06-08-2003, 10:00 AM
right on rascal, i love r.v'n.....looks like you got a good deal!! mine is getting a new paint job, then going on the market :( ...we never use it sunce we bought a place at the river, but its defenitly the way to go!! are you still selling your boat?? HAVE FUN :D :) :D :)

rrrr
06-08-2003, 10:06 AM
That's a bitchin' ride. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it. :D :D

Wet Dream
06-08-2003, 10:16 AM
Sweet rides, but how well do they do when launching the boat? Or better yet, bringing the boat back out of the water on a steep ramp?

Mandelon
06-08-2003, 10:22 AM
Now you need a Commander boat to go with it. Brand loyalty...... :rolleyes: :D :D
Redo the inside with the leopard skin, velvet and lots of fur lampshades. Do they make 12V lava lamps??? :D

wsuwrhr
06-08-2003, 11:16 AM
I have only had mine out one trip this season so far. I didn't have any problems pulling the boat out or putting it in.
Brian

Backfire
06-08-2003, 11:28 AM
I just sold a 73 Explorer for $2500 to a guy that wanted it for Glamis runs... I found I wasn't using it since moving to Havasu and I was spending more time and $ keeping up the fuel system in this hot environment than I was using it..... My advice? Use the shit out of it and enjoy and don't continually shop the fuel/ hotel difference, because the better mileage tow vehicle and hotel generally wins that argument unless you stay awhile (more than a weekend) When you stop using it, sell it off, because they don't do well sitting!If you have the 413 or 440, I have 4 suggestions: Rig a Holley red pusher pump with a backflow protected bypass because the stock 413/440 fuel pump doesn't prime very well and is susceptible to vapor-lock. A pressure-regulated return loop is another good way to limit vapor lock. Next, A spraybar system for your radiator can easily be teed into the coach's tapwater system and is invaluable on those hard pulls. It can be the difference that allows you to keep going instead of stopping. Also replacing your fan clutch before it becomes a problem can save valuable vacation time (I replaced mine with a solid spacer!) Carry extra ballast resistors! If the engine gets to the point where it's cranking fine but is hesitant to run and fire,especially when hot,it's probably a fried ballast resistor, an easy to replace $10 part that's tough to troubleshoot. I replaced my entire electronic ignition system with a points system before discovering this! Also, it's a good idea to remount the coil out next to the radiator where it gets some airflow. Oh well, that was six, and I've got two more: Check the loaded, wet weight against the coach's loading numbers and the tire loading specs found on the sidewalls. Generally, these old Dodge motorhomes are pretty close to capacity empty. 235/85/16's will generally have big enough numbers to handle wet/loaded weight and traveling at night is also a good strategy to preserve your tires because of the cooler surface temps!

Raskal
06-08-2003, 06:41 PM
Backfire:
I just sold a 73 Explorer for $2500 to a guy that wanted it for Glamis runs... I found I wasn't using it since moving to Havasu and I was spending more time and $ keeping up the fuel system in this hot environment than I was using it..... My advice? Use the shit out of it and enjoy and don't continually shop the fuel/ hotel difference, because the better mileage tow vehicle and hotel generally wins that argument unless you stay awhile (more than a weekend) When you stop using it, sell it off, because they don't do well sitting!If you have the 413 or 440, I have 4 suggestions: Rig a Holley red pusher pump with a backflow protected bypass because the stock 413/440 fuel pump doesn't prime very well and is susceptible to vapor-lock. A pressure-regulated return loop is another good way to limit vapor lock. Next, A spraybar system for your radiator can easily be teed into the coach's tapwater system and is invaluable on those hard pulls. It can be the difference that allows you to keep going instead of stopping. Also replacing your fan clutch before it becomes a problem can save valuable vacation time (I replaced mine with a solid spacer!) Carry extra ballast resistors! If the engine gets to the point where it's cranking fine but is hesitant to run and fire,especially when hot,it's probably a fried ballast resistor, an easy to replace $10 part that's tough to troubleshoot. I replaced my entire electronic ignition system with a points system before discovering this! Also, it's a good idea to remount the coil out next to the radiator where it gets some airflow. Oh well, that was six, and I've got two more: Check the loaded, wet weight against the coach's loading numbers and the tire loading specs found on the sidewalls. Generally, these old Dodge motorhomes are pretty close to capacity empty. 235/85/16's will generally have big enough numbers to handle wet/loaded weight and traveling at night is also a good strategy to preserve your tires because of the cooler surface temps! thanks for all the input .i do have a sprayer for the raditaor and extra ballesters and high flow fuel pump .thanks alot backfire
and yes missboatnam i talk to jim already i think it would be great for your boy