PDA

View Full Version : March HB magazine

roostwear
02-14-2003, 05:34 PM
I got the March issue yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised. I won't spoil the surprise for those of you that haven't seen it, but a few things stood out... WAY OUT.
Kevin's column was pretty much a response to us on the board. "Biting the hand that feeds you" is a point by point on how HB presumably DOESN'T. My favorite line is near the end.... "We've been paying attention ***boat Online Boardies". (Don't know if I like being called a "boardie", but whatever).
Lots of event coverage, lots of classic boat shots (my favorite), even a buildup! Good feature boats, "smashes and crashes", and readers rides is back.
Is it the old ***boat? No. The front cover shows that. If I had any interested in offshore boats I would know what the cover boat is. Don't, sorry. There is a new monthly feature announced on the cover though. Offshore rig of the month. Did I expect a complete reversal from the offshore focus of the past? Of course not.
This issue is the best I have seen in quite some time. Bear in mind that this ploy has been used before, though. Will the "reborn" HB maintain a focus on the roots? Only time will tell.......
[ February 14, 2003, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: roostwear ]

93eliminator
02-14-2003, 05:40 PM
sounds good hope it keeps up.I wouldnt mind seing diiferent boats featured of all sizes as long as they stick to all size boat coverage and not one specific class of boats.Although my interest is in build ups and the smaller classs boats 22 and under.

Jordy
02-14-2003, 06:01 PM
It was only 2 pages of Fountain Ads this time, but they did have the big boat east coast builder shoot out...
All in all, I spent twice as much on this months issue as I did last month, so it's a step in the right direction. Keep it up and I'll even think about renewing when it's time. :D

Mohavekid
02-14-2003, 06:14 PM
Mine has not shown up yet, looking forward to it more than usual based upon the comments above.
Maybe they really do listen.
Boardies??? :confused:

sandblasted
02-14-2003, 06:19 PM
Still waiting for my March issue...I have no problem with ***boat doing an East coast offshore test or covering the Florida Boat shows once in awhile...as long as they cover the whole spectrum of the ***boat scene...from 19ft jets and V-drives to hot outboards...
they seem to have gotten away from that, hopefully they realize they have been alienating quite a few of their loyal readers with all their "big boat" focusand will get back to basics!

Mandelon
02-14-2003, 06:52 PM
Still waiting................

Jake W
02-14-2003, 07:08 PM
Roostware I was going to post up a summery about like yours.It was better this month but will it stay?The restro is great except the part about bashing Jets.The guy that owns the boat not ***boat.I was supprised it was better but like you said new Offshore boat of the month ,COME ON NOW.Lets be fair, how about JET of the month ,V drive of the month and I guess to be fair weed wacker of the month.Keep it coming Hot Boat.Jake

Kim Hanson
02-14-2003, 07:16 PM
Can't remember who wrote it, but it's about the "OMC "309hp. Could someone scan it and send it to me? Or post it I don't care I just want to read it.......please.....( . )( . )........

Kim Hanson
02-14-2003, 07:44 PM
I said ****ing please! :D

Kim Hanson
02-14-2003, 08:24 PM
I say pretty please!....( . )( . ).... wink

sandblasted
02-14-2003, 09:53 PM
Jake W:
Roostware I was going to post up a summery about like yours.It was better this month but will it stay?The restro is great except the part about bashing Jets.The guy that owns the boat not ***boat.I was supprised it was better but like you said new Offshore boat of the month ,COME ON NOW.Lets be fair, how about JET of the month ,V drive of the month and I guess to be fair weed wacker of the month.Keep it coming Hot Boat.Jake Each boat has it's advantages and disadvantages..personally, i like my jet for 2 reasons...#1...I never have to worry about breaking a prop on a rock or sandbar at the river...#2, if people really piss me off i can back the rear end up to them. rev it to about 3500rpm and throw the bucket forward and soak their ass!!!

LVjetboy
02-15-2003, 01:25 AM
Hmmmm...interesting. Looking forward to that issue in my mail box.

Mandelon
02-15-2003, 02:20 PM
Saturday 2/15/03 It just arrived!

Duke
02-15-2003, 03:36 PM
i guess i'll pick this issue up at the newstands

JetBoatRich
02-15-2003, 06:15 PM
Always takes a couple extra days to get to us out here.

Mandelon
02-16-2003, 08:14 AM
I liked it! Readers' Rides is back and fairly long. Less on the boring offshore stuff. They should leave that to someone else to report.
More interesting than the last couple have been. Did you read the Observer's Seat? Spaise addresses the relative lack of negative comments in the reviews. The bold comments made by a fellow tester are suprising...its nice to see them there, but.....I've never seen one in a review. Every boat can't be that wonderful?????
Another thing that I find annoying is how the majority of articles are continued on the last pages......its a pain to keep flipping back and forth 7 or 8 times trying to find and continue reading the articles. Why is this necessary? Is it that important that the next article not start a page further back????? :confused:

Thunderbutt
02-16-2003, 10:08 AM
sandblasted:
Jake W:
Roostware I was going to post up a summery about like yours.It was better this month but will it stay?The restro is great except the part about bashing Jets.The guy that owns the boat not ***boat.I was supprised it was better but like you said new Offshore boat of the month ,COME ON NOW.Lets be fair, how about JET of the month ,V drive of the month and I guess to be fair weed wacker of the month.Keep it coming Hot Boat.Jake Each boat has it's advantages and disadvantages..personally, i like my jet for 2 reasons...#1...I never have to worry about breaking a prop on a rock or sandbar at the river...#2, if people really piss me off i can back the rear end up to them. rev it to about 3500rpm and throw the bucket forward and soak their ass!!! Please give me some more reasons why not to like jet boats.