PDA

View Full Version : I though the boat was mine

Coach
07-31-2003, 09:42 AM
I just got back from the river. It was my first trip with just my daughter who is 18 months old and me. My wife is out of town for the week on business. Needles to say I was panic by the situation, but end up being a great trip. My daughter loves the boat. She points at her lifejacket on shore and says "Mine, Mine" so I will put it on. Then says "Boat, Boat" while pointing at the boat. I take her for a ride and she is laughing and screaming the whole time while sitting in the passengerÂ’s seat. Her arms in the air, it was awesome. The best part as most of you know the boat can become the instant nap machine when they get tired. It makes buying the boat even more rewarding after a trip like that.
It is funny my buddies and myself were commenting on how the river trips are now. A few years ago it was about drinking (well it still is) and trying to get laid (still kind of is, wife permitting) :D , and doing all kinds of stupid stuff that can get you arrested. Now it more about tubing the kids and seeing how much fun they have when they are out at the river. :D

JetBoatRich
07-31-2003, 09:47 AM
Evolution of river trips :D :D
Beer, Tits and Partying :D
Now we enjoy the Kids being towed behind the boat and enjoying themselves. Still enjoy the beer in moderation and lots of fun.
[ July 31, 2003, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

24RODjr
07-31-2003, 09:49 AM
Looking forward to next summer (how sick is that...this one isn't even over yet). My daughter will be a year, Syko's kid will be almost 2, and Playtime will have a 5 month old....
I can't wait to be the cool river-dad. I have a good example to follow.

24RODjr
07-31-2003, 09:50 AM
What about the tits Rich? They're still around right? :D

JetBoatRich
07-31-2003, 09:50 AM
24RODjr:
What about the tits Rich? They're still around right? :D YOU GOT THAT RIGHT, you just wear dark sun-glasses more often wink

Mrs.909er
07-31-2003, 09:51 AM
We should get together...our daughter is 16 months old. Thay can be river buddys!!

24RODjr
07-31-2003, 09:54 AM
Mrs. 909er, That'd be cool, but I live in Orange County....I think I might get thrown out if people heard I was hangin' with someone from the 909 wink
Oh...and don't tell anyone that I'm friends with playtime :D
[ July 31, 2003, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: 24RODjr ]

Coach
07-31-2003, 09:56 AM
It would be great. Just look for Romper Room at Park Moabi. This last trip went like this. two 7 year olds, a 5 year old, two 3 year olds, one two year old, two 18 month olds, one 6 month old. two 6 week olds. We were missing a 7,4,3 year old due to the dad breaking down on his way out. Not to metion the old kids at 13, 9, 8. 14 kids and not everone was there this trip. eek!

24RODjr
07-31-2003, 10:00 AM
Coach, Where do you live in YL?

ACCEPTENCE
07-31-2003, 10:17 AM
Coach:
It would be great. Just look for Romper Room at Park Moabi. This last trip went like this. two 7 year olds, a 5 year old, two 3 year olds, one two year old, two 18 month olds, one 6 month old. two 6 week olds. We were missing a 7,4,3 year old due to the dad breaking down on his way out. Not to metion the old kids at 13, 9, 8. 14 kids and not everone was there this trip. eek! Ya just gotta love a kids trip. I have a 21 month old daughter and our trips sound just like yours. I dig the instant nap machine thing too. Nuttin like seeing the smile of a happy child. Truely a reward.
Kids...can't live without em.

bohica
07-31-2003, 10:44 AM
Just wait until their older and start counting how many beers you've had. A few trips ago, my 10 yr old gave me a soda when I asked her to get me a beer from the cooler. She said " time for a spacer dad." eek! :D

superdave013
07-31-2003, 11:43 AM
bohica:
She said " time for a spacer dad." eek! :D That's classic

HAULNZ
07-31-2003, 11:47 AM
Our son Zachary has been boating since he was 6 months old. He is 2 1/2 now and thinks we should go to the lake everyday. We try to make it to the lake atleast once a week, and are planning a 10 day trip to Parker sometime in Oct. Parker is cool with the kids, as long as, you throw in an adult only weekend here and there. devil

mowtown
07-31-2003, 12:18 PM
We have a 4 yr old and 2 yr old. My wife and I were just laughing about the fact that 5 years ago we were getting plastered at Metallica concerts and last year we were sipping cokes at a friggin Barney "concert".

jerry billet
07-31-2003, 12:37 PM
Have 5 kids, been boating all thier lives. Lost many pacifiers over the side after crossing wakes. It was fun as a single, fun with the new wife and kids, and even better now that the kids are leaving and I can go back to my ways of BEERS, BOATS AND BABES. Gooing to the lake,river or wherever is always fun, you just change your group once in a while.
To go any further out west, you gotta own a boat.
Jerry

Ziggy
07-31-2003, 12:43 PM
Coach,
Great story to hear. Welcome to the next step in boating. It is amazing how the little ones change our perspectives.
My 10 yr old daughter is crazy about the river, sits in the bow seat and tells me to go faster, gotta love the cool attitude :D

eliminatedsprinter
07-31-2003, 01:12 PM
My son is 80% of the reason I got my boat. I didn't want him to grow up without the fun and experiances I did.

bchbum
07-31-2003, 06:42 PM
We just came back from a 5 day trip at Havasu , 6 boats with 16 kids 7-11 years old . What a differance from the old days , juice bags on a boat WHO KNEW