PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Savemart 300

gnarley
06-19-2003, 11:31 AM
Who's going to the CUP race at Infinion? Heck with OP6, I'm going to the races.

gnarley
06-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Well when you live up here in nor cal & don't spend your time on the couch watching the other 31 races on TV and this is the only one in your own back yard that you get comp’t garage passes for & can party anywhere anytime that you want without driving for 16 hours to get that killer hangover why not stay home to go to the races?
After all, the world doesn't revolve around so cal or Havasu, there are some people that live in other places. There are several people here it seems that are so into the OP6 thing that there is nothing else, so I was dissing them after seeing all the posts about it. I’m sure that somewhere in the central or east there is also something great going on and could care less about OP6. sleeping

Chase
06-19-2003, 01:05 PM
ooooooo, saucy

RACER52
06-19-2003, 02:15 PM
OP6 WOULD BE CHOICE, BUT YOUR RIGHT. SONOMA IS CLOSE. I'LL BE THERE, THE BOAT AINT DONE AND THE RACES ARE I HAVE THIS WEEKEND.
CAMPING ABOVE TURN 4, SPOT 9 R.V SPOTS
COME ON BY FOR A BEER. WE'LL BE UP THERE TONIGHT
THRU SUNDAY.
NEXT YEAR OP7 WITH THE NEW BOAT

gnarley
06-19-2003, 03:03 PM
Hey RACER52 I'll try to find you. I'm coming out with my wife & staying with some friends in a group up near turn 7 I think Sat night. They are from Disco Bay & in a group of 4 RV's, should be fun, I can't do it all weekend though. I've got way to much to do & I used to be more of a participant 10 years ago so if I ain't part of a team I don't really want to spend all weekend there.
Forensic, have fun dude, if I were closer to so cal I might think about going just to meet the peeps, as there are a lot of really good ones here I think & some that would give the shirt off their back or toss you the keys to a tow rig if you really needed them. I'll tip a beer to all the 6'ers anyway & hope everyone is safe & no one gets hurt.

Seadog
06-20-2003, 05:13 AM
NASCAR is beginning to piss me off, or I should Bill France. I suppose with a name like that he has to be an ***hole. He gives a second race to CA and the only way that Texas got one race was by taking one away froma track they bought in the east.
Then there is this prejudice against Fords. On equal grounds the Fords were kicking butt, so they "leveled" the field. I noticed that when they announced the new sponsorship, they had two Chevy drivers and no Ford drivers, even tho the top driver is in a Ford.
burningm

Boozer
06-20-2003, 06:55 AM
I haven't watched Nascar since the Jesse Jackson controversy. The Jesse Jackson thing really pissed me off and still does piss me off.
At least Texas gets a race. Some dipshit here decided to build a race track that Nascar said they wouldnt sanction because it was to short but then built it anways thinking that Nascar would make an exception since Colorado needs a race track.
Well guess what?? Nascar didn't approve. They run Busch cars there but that's it. But this is not all the dip shit corporation did it only gets worse.
Several private companys decided that they would one of the countrys largest motorsports complexes right in here in Denver. They were going to fund over $500 million for this thing. Drag strip (because the one we have now is like the size of Palmdale) MotoX track, Road track, Nascar track, dirt track, shifter cart track, Tennis courts, golf course. The place was gonna be huge.
Well... This group called C.r.a.s.h. (Citizens revolting against stadium havok) forms out of nowhere to fight this thing. This group comes from nowhere and it big with LOTS of money. So much money they got the stadium put on the ballot during elections. However, they used some manipulation tactics and made it look as though you were voting in favor of the stadium rather then against the stadium. Needless to say it was voted down.
After further investigation of this group it was discovered that they recieved an anonymous donation of over $250,000.00 Noone could figure out where the money came from until tax time. Turns out our dip shit track (Pikes Peak international raceway) made a donation to this group of $250,000.00.
We have no nascar and this scum bag track is still in business. All the investers backed out and Nascar will probably never come to Denver. The NHRA's contract for Top Fuel drag racing coming to Denver is almost up and the NHRA is getting ready pull out because our facility just isn't big enough for the Top Fuelers anymore. Yet this PPIR track still operates without any problems.