PDA

View Full Version : Lucky

unleashed
12-27-2002, 10:34 PM
Heres a little story to pass the time and show you miracles really do exist(My wife has the flu hence you seeing me on the boards so much lately).
From Guiness World Records:
Highest Fall Survived Without A Parachute:
Vesna Vulovic, a flight attendant from Yugoslavia, survived a fall from 10,160 m (33,330 ft) when the DC-9 airplane she was traveling in blew up over Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic), on January 26, 1972. A terrorist bomb was thought to be the cause, and no other passengers survived. Vesna broke both legs and was temporarily paralyzed from the waist down.
Vesna remembers nothing, but later learned that a former nurse, Bruno Henke, saw Vesna's legs sticking out of the fuselage. Bruno cleared Vesna's airways before rushing her to hospital. Three days later she awoke from a coma in a hospital in Ceska, Karmenice.
She says, "I was so lucky to have survived! I hit the earth – not the trees, not the snow, but the frozen ground." Strangely, the first words she uttered, "Can I have a cigarette," were in English!
Luckily, she suffered no psychological trauma, and no fear of flying. Prevented from returning to her job, she forged a new career in administration. "I was able to fly over the world for free," she says. Her experience has helped her form a philosophical attitude towards life. "I believe we are masters of our lives - we hold all the cards and it is up to us to use them right."
Damn talk about lucky and to think the first thing she needed was a cigarette(I betcha this makes Marlboro happy)!!!!!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

JetBoatRich
12-28-2002, 08:47 AM
Great story,
wink
Take luck over skill anytime. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/happy/roflmao.gif

PoonDaddy
12-28-2002, 04:13 PM
That storey reminds me of this one...
Paratrooper Survives Chute Failure at 3,300 Feet
Mon Nov 4, 8:58 AM ET
BELGRADE (Reuters) - A Yugoslav Army paratrooper survived a drop from an altitude of 1,000 meters (3,300 feet) after both his parachutes malfunctioned, the Belgrade daily Glas Javnosti reported on Friday.
The paper said 40-year-old Dragan Curcic escaped with minor cuts and bruises after his main and spare parachutes first failed to open and then became tangled when they opened simultaneously during an exercise on Tuesday. "He went through the roof of an army building. Only God himself saved him from certain death," an eyewitness said.
Curcic, a Yugoslav vice-champion with more than 3,000 jumps to his name, performed another parachute drop on Thursday, this time without problems.
jawdrop

spectratoad
12-28-2002, 07:13 PM
Them Yugosalvians are some tough people! eek!

unleashed
12-28-2002, 10:25 PM
Hey spectra, Do you ever go fishing in pyramid lake. Whenever I get to Reno(Which is about everyother month I do some fising there). It sure is a big ass lake(I think bigger then tahoe but not deeper). I never see any ***boats when Im there though, I guess cause the water is high in Alkoline. :confused:
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)