PDA

View Full Version : Flakey Friends & The River

carbonmarine
07-30-2003, 09:33 AM
Okay, I know nobody want's to admit their friends are total weenien's......, But how many freinds are flakey when it comes to getting
them on the road to go to the river, etc... ??
Rick32

Steamin' Rice
07-30-2003, 10:16 AM
Everybody wants to go out on the boat until it's actually time for a boat trip.....Most of the time we are on the boat by ourselves because our friends without boats are flakes....
[ July 30, 2003, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Steamin' Rice ]

dimarcobros
07-30-2003, 10:19 AM
How about this one.......next weekend we were planning on going to the river with a huge group, for a buddies bachelor party. Originally there was 13 now there are 3. You know what I say, "F them, it is less hassle with less people." I don't aske them any more to go. I just feel bad for my buddy, but then again more lady entertainment for the rest of us. :D :D

Havasu Luvr
07-30-2003, 10:23 AM
I think we all have the same friends. I had one that wanted to go to OP6 with me. He has his own boat and at the last minute canceled. He used one excuse and she used another excuse. At least get your stories staight :rolleyes: I have to many friends that do that. I know they really want to go to the river Buutttttt???

bohica
07-30-2003, 10:31 AM
If I waited for trips when my friends could make it, I'd never get to the river. I say F'em, made bunch of new friends at Havasu that are there all the time. :D

24RODjr
07-30-2003, 10:31 AM
are you talking about "crackpipe?" :D

Boozer
07-30-2003, 10:36 AM
bohica:
If I waited for trips when my friends could make it, I'd never get to the river. I say F'em, made bunch of new friends at Havasu that are there all the time. :D Good plan. That's what I have started doing at the lakes around here. My friends are always like "When are we going to take the boat out?" I'm like "Never, because the last time I made plans with you guys you flaked out on me and I wound up boating by myself. So F^%K you and don't ever ask me to take you out again."
The worst is when you have made reservations at a place for the whole weekend expecting to have friends up with you and then they bail on you at the last minute. To late to cancel reservations so you are stuck by yourself.
Fortunately I have found a couple lady friends that NEVER flake and when it's time for bed NEVER say no. So it works out quite nicely now. It's almost a shame my main squeeze is moving here in september I was kinda use to havin a variety of ladies. Oh well....

TrojanDan
07-30-2003, 10:38 AM
bohica:
If I waited for trips when my friends could make it, I'd never get to the river. I say F'em, made bunch of new friends at Havasu that are there all the time. :D Can't agree more. I've also been lucky enough to meet good peeps at Havasu. You don't have to invite "friends" more than once, if they don't get back to you, f'em they just lost bedspace. :cool:

Ziggy
07-30-2003, 10:45 AM
Glad it ain't just me, has happened so many times we quit asking if they want to go and just tell 'em this is the date. If they make it great, if they don't fine too. We're plenty capable of having fun without 'em :cool:

bohica
07-30-2003, 10:58 AM
TrojanDan:
Can't agree more. I've also been lucky enough to meet good peeps at Havasu. You don't have to invite "friends" more than once, if they don't get back to you, f'em they just lost bedspace. :cool [/QB]TrojanDan,
We need to hook up on the lake one of these days. Saw in another post that your pad if off S. McCulloch and Arizona, my pad is right there as well. I've got the 34' Magic. We'll be up this weekend. :D

H20 Party Starter
07-30-2003, 11:03 AM
Story of my vacation life.......Glamis/Ocotillo in the winter and Havasu and Parker in the Summer
Everyone wants to go until they have to pay for it :mad: ..........rooms and gas$$$ mounts up quick............not to mention maintaining the boat and fixing things that get broken by drunk people :mad: ..........don't grt mr started :mad:
I've lost a penny or thousands reserving rooms that didn't get used............now I take deposits up front for all the big trips :D :D
Money talks looser! eek!

Bense468
07-30-2003, 11:08 AM
and my boat runs off gas not thanks.

Blown 472
07-30-2003, 11:12 AM
Boozer:
bohica:
If I waited for trips when my friends could make it, I'd never get to the river. I say F'em, made bunch of new friends at Havasu that are there all the time. :D Good plan. That's what I have started doing at the lakes around here. My friends are always like "When are we going to take the boat out?" I'm like "Never, because the last time I made plans with you guys you flaked out on me and I wound up boating by myself. So F^%K you and don't ever ask me to take you out again."
The worst is when you have made reservations at a place for the whole weekend expecting to have friends up with you and then they bail on you at the last minute. To late to cancel reservations so you are stuck by yourself.
Fortunately I have found a couple lady friends that NEVER flake and when it's time for bed NEVER say no. So it works out quite nicely now. It's almost a shame my main squeeze is moving here in september I was kinda use to havin a variety of ladies. Oh well.... There is always RD

Edmond
07-30-2003, 11:31 AM
I thought I had the market cornered on flaky friends! My friends all flake too, so no I look forward to boating with real boat people, the ones on Hot Boat and RRX.

Havasu Hangin'
07-30-2003, 12:11 PM
No kidding...my flakey friends usually fit into one of three categories:
Full Flakes- Will always make plans, but back out when they find out time or money is involved.
Partial Flakes- Will sometimes make plans, and sometimes back out. Probabaly the most frustrating and hard to read.
Anti-flakes- Will tentatively make plans, but invite a minimum of three friends at the last minute. None of the additional friends will kick in for a hotel room, but may give me $2 each for a weekend of gas.

hot_diggity_dog
07-30-2003, 12:26 PM
I run into the same shit too! :mad:
So now I e-mail them the dates I'm going and it's up to them to set it up. idea
So far more promises and cancelations that people actually going on the boat. :rolleyes:
My favorite excuse is. :rolleyes:
The wife said I could go but I have to mow the lawn and do some other work. :mad: :rolleyes:
Do you notice how they alway's say that the wife or girlfriend said they could go, before they tell you thay can't? :rolleyes:
HDD :cool:

little rowe boat
07-30-2003, 12:34 PM
I think we all have the same friends.My wife and I will be on Havasu this weekend,just the two of us everyone else flaked out.Maybe we will see some of you out their on the water.We are staying at the Springs. :cool:

carbonmarine
07-30-2003, 01:23 PM
The best most used excuse:
" Dude, I cant take friday off and I now I have to work saturday "........ oh & I get a lot of : " well, if your leaving thursday nite, we'll come up friday afternoon.. Then no one shows up... and you actually talk to someone because you used *68 and they say..., well everyone wanted me to drive and I dont want to take MY car out there " .....
It's all pathetic and I get totally outraged ....I dont know why I let it bother me the way it does .... How can ya not take shit like this personal...???
Rick32

TrojanDan
07-30-2003, 02:00 PM
bohica:
We need to hook up on the lake one of these days. Saw in another post that your pad if off S. McCulloch and Arizona, my pad is right there as well. I've got the 34' Magic. We'll be up this weekend. D [/QB]Sounds like a deal! I live on Columbia Drive off of Arizona. I've driven thru the neighborhood many times looking for your beast. What street are you on? Do you park your boat in the garage?
I was up last weekend and won't be up until the RRX regatta. My bro (El Chingon) will be there the 4th-10th of Aug. See you out there!
OK, back to the topic at hand, flaky friends suck. I liked HDDog's idea of e-mailing river dates to friends. I do that also. Works great. Friends know when I'll be there and if they want to join, great.
ScubaSteve and the Mrs., up for another trip? :cool:

bohica
07-30-2003, 02:59 PM
Arizona, left on Comstock, Right on Continental. Live on the corner of Colville and Continental. Yeah boat is kept in the garage, nice corner lot with 52' deep drive thru garage. I'll look for you in the next couple of weeks. :D

uvindex
07-30-2003, 03:03 PM
The one that gets me when I'm inviting my often-flakey friends to Havasu is when they ask, "So who else is going?" before they give me their friggin' answer.
Grrrr devil Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth! :)

bordsmnj
07-30-2003, 08:12 PM
"ok everyone meet at my house at 6am sharp. we'll leave from there and be on the water by 12;30. "and then you actualy hit the road at 9 am after everyone remembered coolers ,that last minute trip to frickin walmart,the cars need gas. sound familiar. or how bout the first time you take "non-boating"type poeple out? rather have them flake than meet me for a day on the lake with no sun screen beer money,wearing dress shorts and socks and shoes!lmao :D -never again

Raskal
07-30-2003, 08:33 PM
well glad to hear that we all share the same friends. i got sick of asking my friends to go even after i told them i would pay for everything but there food .dam loosers ow well **** them anyway wink

Mandelon
07-30-2003, 09:12 PM
I am so much fun all my friends beg to come along with me. They offer me handfuls of cash and always pay for gas. They bring beer and then help me wash the boat down after.....
Ooooops, then I woke up! :rolleyes:

little rowe boat
07-30-2003, 09:19 PM
How about this.You invite a friend and his spouse and they show up with friends you do not know along with their kids, who are the biggest pains in the a@# the entire weekend. :mad:

WHIPPED502
07-30-2003, 09:21 PM
I thought I was the only one with flacky friends. I would go through the hassle of reserving rooms and setting everything else up for people to have a good time, only to get stuck with room deposits. Now I tell them when I am going and if they don't show no big deal. I have a good time with the family and alot less headaches. We end up meeting plenty of good people once we get there.

Hotcrusader76
07-30-2003, 09:26 PM
WHIPPED502:
I thought I was the only one with flacky friends. I would go through the hassle of reserving rooms and setting everything else up for people to have a good time, only to get stuck with room deposits. Now I tell them when I am going and if they don't show no big deal. I have a good time with the family and alot less headaches. We end up meeting plenty of good people once we get there. Diddo.....damn...this is like a broken record...LMAO

RotorHead
07-30-2003, 09:27 PM
Those people just need to get their priorities straight. Did I hear somebody say they would be in Havasu this weekend? We're leaving in the morning and spending the weekend at Crazy Horse. Never been there before, any advice?

TrojanDan
07-30-2003, 10:15 PM
RotorHead:
We're leaving in the morning and spending the weekend at Crazy Horse. Never been there before, any advice? Take an a/c for your tent or $$ to rent an air conditioned hotel room after your first night....that is if you don't have a trailer rented. :D

07-30-2003, 10:58 PM
I don't have any friends that don't have boats so thats never a problem. I have a simple solution, if your friends are weenies then you need new friends. :D

ROZ
07-30-2003, 11:16 PM
DAmn, I thought for sure I'd see my name in here :D

El Chingon
07-30-2003, 11:24 PM
Don't worry Roz you made it to op6. Maybe next year you can talk the wife into going. :)

ROZ
07-30-2003, 11:30 PM
El Chingon:
Don't worry Roz you made it to op6. Maybe next year you can talk the wife into going. :) True, but I was suppose to be at the other 3.5 as well as a few other trips eek!
Just been a busy summer around the homestead....

Froggystyle
07-31-2003, 09:08 AM
All good.
I invite no one anymore. I inform that I am going, and that they are welcome to join. I have never not enjoyed whatever company I was at the river with, even if it is just Audrey and myself. We always have someone recognize the boat, so the max we have ever hung out solo is about 2 hours.
Plans need to coincide. If my freinds happen to be going to the river the same weekend we are, we will probably end up hanging out. If not, they will probably not make it.
Don't even get me started on Paintball games either!!!!

rvrkaosI
07-31-2003, 03:57 PM
My friends are exactly the same! When it comes up for room deposit (500), they all say they have the money, then don't make it a point to give me the money! I end up forking all the cash!
Then when it comes to gas money for the boat, I end up filling the boat on the way, and nobody vollunteers to help pay for the 100 gallons!
Then when it time to clean the boat, everybody bails early leaving all the cleanup for me!
Now its my wife and son that go. At least my 2yr old son helps me clean the boat, along with my wife cleaning the interior....

Hotcrusader76
07-31-2003, 04:08 PM
Froggystyle:
Don't even get me started on Paintball games either!!!! I resemble that remark :rolleyes: ...

Ziggy
07-31-2003, 04:11 PM
And when they do make it out they just sit in the boat at the end of the day while wife and I sweat like pigs wiping down, or they'll get out and back in boat leaving black footprints on the seats....ooops, don't miss that spot I just made.tehe. BITE ME

bchbum
07-31-2003, 06:19 PM
We're lucky, most of our friends have boats now .Everyone just sends out an E-mails when & where they'll be .We also have met people at the river that live near us many times too.
Bring the kids & you will met other familly boaters . We'll have 4 boats & about 20 people at Parker this week .

boatlessd
07-31-2003, 10:43 PM
Guess I am just lucky. Always have friends and usually family members who want to go. We go regardless and always have a great time. Gas money is donated and everyone helps cleanup. Then again, they same people have gone with us for 8 years so they know the routine. Once in a while, newbies come and don't carry thier weight and they are no longer invited. Then they get the message to be more considerate next time they want to come. IF THERE IS SPACE. :D

izquik72
08-01-2003, 07:37 AM
What I love is when the newbies act like you just punched them in the mouth when you ask them to take their shoes off inside the boat. Or when you ask them to help you vacumm all the Doritos they just spilled on your carpet. I think Bense468 had it best and my boat runs off gas not thanks.

Boozer
08-01-2003, 07:39 AM
Do any of you seem to find that when you invite people they seem to never show at all OR they come and it winds up being to many people? Everytime I go out it never fails. It always winds up being 2 of us or 15 of us.

HotHallet
08-01-2003, 08:19 AM
The money thing is the worst part of the whole experience unless your friends are boaters themselves and decided to leave their boat home that weekend. Those are the ones who actually understand how expensive it is to go boating.
Truck Gas-$120 round trip
Boat Gas-$60-70 for the weekend
Camping-$90.00
Food/Booze-Atleast a $100
That's why when your buddies show up with one beach chair, a six pack, and $20 bucks it is more than slightly annoying.
In regards to the flking thing that suskc too. I have gotten to the point where I know which friends are going to bail and I just don't invite them anymore.

HotHallet
08-01-2003, 08:19 AM
The money thing is the worst part of the whole experience unless your friends are boaters themselves and decided to leave their boat home that weekend. Those are the ones who actually understand how expensive it is to go boating.
Camping-$90.00
That's why when your buddies show up with one beach chair, a six pack, and $20 bucks it is more than slightly annoying.
In regards to the flking thing that suskc too. I have gotten to the point where I know which friends are going to bail and I just don't invite them anymore.

HotHallet
08-01-2003, 08:20 AM
Camping-$90.00

CA Stu
08-01-2003, 03:33 PM
What about poker games?
I have a nice poker table, a set of clay chips, and a kegerator, yet it's like pulling teeth to set up a game. Every excuse you can think of...
My bro's are a bunch of whipped Mama's boys, and they all act like $50 is a lot of money. WTF?
CA Stu