PDA

View Full Version : arizona gas shortage..

blownmoney
08-25-2003, 12:28 PM
causing prices in cali to go up? wtf?, because of the shortage , all of the gas at the l.a depot is heading east, so our stations are paying more to get it here, were's the justice, just another thing us californias get to foot the bill on?

MagicMtnDan
08-25-2003, 12:32 PM
I'm so tired of this propaganda. We're all like lemmings jumping off a cliff to our deaths if we believe this nonsense.
How can there be a gas shortage due to the broken pipeline? The gas is still available it just wasn't getting to AZ via the frickin' pipeline.
Repeat after me, "there is no gas shortage - it's a myth created by the big oil companies and perpetuated by the media."
How many refineries are there in your state? California has plenty but for some reason we pay the highest gas prices here while many other states with no refineries pay far less (like Georgia and the Carolinas which were reportedly paying the very high price of less than $1.40 per gallon).
Repeat after me, "there is no gas shortage - it's a myth created by the big oil companies and perpetuated by the media."
The Labor Day weekend is the oil companies' last chance at raising prices for the year (at least until there's a really big event like another war) - they need excuses to gouge us.

Dave C
08-25-2003, 12:41 PM
Actually there are less refineries in Cali now than 10 years ago.
However I think they still have enough capacity to produce enough gas for Cali.
I don't like the rule about switching from regular to oxygenated gas twice a year. What a bunch of nonsense.

blownmoney
08-25-2003, 01:19 PM
there is no gas shortage, there is no gas shortage, there is no gas shrortage, then why the **** am i paying 2.30 a gal !!!!!!!!!supposedly the pipeline was just fixed today, and even if they are trucking it, isn't there more expendutures than using the pipeline?

Seadog
08-25-2003, 01:27 PM
The problem is that every idiot and his brother are afraid it will get worse and start stocking up. It raises the cost a lot the farther it has to be hauled. A marina that I deal with said that he thought when he put the marina in, that he would fill his cars and trucks up from the marina tanks. Then he found out that he was paying more for gas than what gas stations in town were charging.