PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio

Catatonic
02-19-2003, 11:35 AM
I thought I remembered a post about XM Radio from the past but the search turned up nothing. I just bought an XM ready receiver for the new boat and wanted to hear from people that are using it and get some feedback.

Rod-64
02-19-2003, 06:08 PM
I have the Sony XM receiver and love it....there's nothing worse than boring, repetitive commercials, and a lot of the stations have no comm. I also like the fact if your on a trip and listening to something cool like NASCAR radio or the like, it never fades out. I will definitly have it with me for the Kingman to LA Boat show trip tomorrow. :)

Catatonic
02-20-2003, 09:54 AM
Rod, it sounds as if you are running XM in your rig but are you also running it in your boat? The Sony receiver is on it's way but I guess I also have to buy a tuner and an antenna. Where is the antenna mounted in the boat? Al and Ed's Autosound could not answer that question.

ROZ
02-20-2003, 01:47 PM
If you have the XR ready receiver, you need to get the satellite receiver and satellite antenna.
You can receive satellite radio anywhere inside the continental US as well as 5o miles off shore.
As far as a location to mount the antenna, hook it up and try different locations until you find a spot you like. I've seen some mounted under deck, inside glove compartments, and anywhere above deck.
Good luck
Chris

Catatonic
02-20-2003, 02:06 PM
Thanks alot ROZ. I will try the glove compartment.