PDA

View Full Version : Spotted STEAMIN RICE

01RENEGADE
11-03-2002, 09:42 AM
Hey steamin rice I saw you and your boat on the 5 south at lake forest just wanted to say nice boat

Steamin' Rice
11-03-2002, 06:09 PM
You must have seen me yesterday (Sat) then...I took the boat up to Elsinore in the morning to try a different prop on it....Too bad I didn't see you, flag me down next time... :D
Took the boat out in the Ocean today to flush out the nasty Elsinore slime... :D :D

RiverToysJas
11-04-2002, 08:58 AM
Steamin' Rice:
You must have seen me yesterday (Sat) then...I took the boat up to Elsinore in the morning to try a different prop on it....Too bad I didn't see you, flag me down next time... :D
Took the boat out in the Ocean today to flush out the nasty Elsinore slime... :D :D I thought Elsinore was currently too low to use. What marina did you use? If you have a depth finder, what's the average depth out there now? It was not more 12' anywhere on the lake last spring.
Sorry I missed the Yard House run yesterday. My brother was still in the hospital, he was supposed to get out Saturday but was in until late last night.
RTJas :D

Steamin' Rice
11-04-2002, 09:31 AM
RTJas,
Since it was my first time there and I follwed Shockwavebd and Shockwaveharry up, I'm not sure which marina I used...Either one of those guys should be able to tell you.
I have a depth gauge on my boat, but it could't get a reading at Elsinore...I don't know if it was because of all the goo in the water or what?? The channel getting from the ramp to the main lake was really narrow and there is really only room for one boat at a time, but I made it through there a few times without any problem..Trim UP:D
No problem about yesterday, I hope your brother is doing allright... We'll have to meet up one of these days...Let me know the next time you & your dad are going to head out..

shockwaveharry
11-04-2002, 12:20 PM
Launched out of Marina West as usual. No problems yet as long as you STAY BETWEEN THE BOUYS. It's a very narrow channel that curves to the right. If you get distracted it's easy to go the wrong way... I've seen it happen a few times. The water level keeps getting lower every time I go out there. I don't know how much longer it will be safe but as of last weekend, no problem.
Steamin' and ShockBD, Thanks for letting me take the wheel of both your boats. Best day I've had on the water and it was at Elsinore! :D

Steamin' Rice
11-04-2002, 03:12 PM
Harry, it was good to finally meet you on Sat.... That couldn't really have been the best day on the water for you....I know how fast your boat goes!! :D We'll have to get you out for a trip in the ocean one of these days...

shockwavebd
11-04-2002, 07:01 PM
Harry always good to boat with you. Greg talked to bobby today about props I'll send you a pm Plus started work again on catalina deal having some flyers and stuff done will be THIS month .Going down to newport tomarrow to see about lifts for guys who dont want the trailers dip in salt and overnite trailer and truck parking.
I think where gonna go out off the dunes? Iam calling to see if we can get some kind of package deal on hotel rooms and mooring bouys ?
.........Barry :D
[ November 04, 2002, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: shockwavebd ]

Steamin' Rice
11-05-2002, 09:32 AM
Barry, sounds good...Catalina would be a fun trip!! We usually launch out of the Dunes because they have pretty nice facilities there, with security. I think they charge something like $10 per night for overnight truck/trailer parking.

DAB
11-05-2002, 12:29 PM
SR & SBD, keep me posted on this trip. As I told you this morning BD, I just need to get this wrapped up and she'll be staying in So Cal during the winter thru early spring..
DAB

cigarette1
11-05-2002, 02:51 PM
Barry,
There is a spot in Newport Harbor called Basin Marine. It is a boat repair yard and they have a hoist.
G