PDA

View Full Version : Should you keep the wife?

roostwear
06-30-2003, 05:05 PM
Help settle a little "discussion" between the wife and I. Does your wife/gf back the tow vehicle down the ramp? No more info until after the poll!

Kilrtoy
06-30-2003, 05:09 PM
If she doesnt drive the rig what good is she,
anyways , she drives better than I do. She can stuff the trailer in places I never could and get it out.

Frosty_pop
06-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Not only can she back the trailer down the ramp better than me.... she takes the truck and trailer back to the parking area after we launch while I enjoy a beer.... and goes and gets it when we get back.... She's a keeper!!!!

Foolish
06-30-2003, 05:15 PM
I am not married, but I don't trust my gf with anything after she trashed my jet pump. She was nagging me to drive the boat after I just rebuilt the jet, she insisted I get on the tube while she drives...(stupid me) I did :rolleyes: . She was hell on the boat and I didn't trust her about 30mph so I fell off right aroung there :D so she would stop. She got out of the seat and when she did she put the pump in reverse!!! The pump sucked up about 20 ft of line and the metal from the rope buoy knicked the shit out of my impeller. (had to get another rebuild).
DON'T TRUST WOMAN WITH ANYTHING YOU LOVE! BELIEVE IT OR NOT THEY WILL SABOTAGE IT ON PURPOSE!

missboatnam1
06-30-2003, 05:20 PM
for some reason its not letting me poll this, but i aways back it down, then go park it...and same thing when docking it...i wouldent want mr b doing it all alone, its alot for only one person to do!! i always want to learn how to help out more!! ...... smile_sp wink

mike37
06-30-2003, 05:22 PM
my wife cat back to save her life but she drives the boat on the trailer beter than me so it work out ok
but id rather hav her in the truck wating in line
and me in the boat lookin at babes wink

Mandelon
07-01-2003, 05:49 AM
I back it in and launch the boat. She goes and CAREFULLY parks the truck and trailer. After boating, I back it in and then put the boat back on the trailer too. Its just "safer". :rolleyes:

Sandbar Mike
07-01-2003, 05:53 AM
Mandelon:
I back it in and launch the boat. She goes and CAREFULLY parks the truck and trailer. After boating, I back it in and then put the boat back on the trailer too. Its just "safer". :rolleyes: Mandelon your not alone there, better to be safe.

91nordic29
07-01-2003, 07:17 AM
well, i am still learning to back down the ramp. i always take it up and park. i would much rather be in the boat but we still arent used to the 11 extra feet of boat. i dont want hubby to do it all so i keep on tryin! :D eek!

NastyOne
07-01-2003, 07:26 AM
I am going to have to agree with Frosty_Pop. If you have one that is trained... then there is no sence in doing it yourself. :D

mbrown2
07-01-2003, 07:29 AM
My wife has backed in it a couple of times, but normally I do. She pulls it up though. With a private launch, it really don't matter and it helps the marriage a whole lot. I can't believe the way some guys will belittle their wife trying to back up the truck....as I walk by, I just say the first rule is to stop listening to him and focus on your mirrors. :)

Caribbean Jet
07-01-2003, 07:38 AM
One of the great thing that my father in law taught my wife is how to drive a truck with a trailer. She drives circles around me when it comes to that damn trailer. As a father he taught her how to drive, but common sense? If I had to back the trailer she would forget to put the plugs in the boat.

SCUBA STEVE
07-01-2003, 07:52 AM
Mrs Scuba has offered to do what ever is needed.
I just find it easier for me to back the truck down and for her to dock & warm up the boat, while I find parking. Plus for me its safer for her to be in the boat while I dick around to find parking. I dont have to worry about her getting kidnapped, harrased, ect, while she is walking back from the parking lot.

THOR
07-01-2003, 08:08 AM
My wife doesnt F*&^ around on the ramp. She gets her shit done in a hurry and brings the dog down with her when she is done. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Warlock28
07-01-2003, 08:31 AM
The wife get's me down the ramp, parks the truck, get's the truck, pulls me out, and wipes down the boat afterwords!! I'm gona keep-her!!
:D :D :D

Rubths
07-01-2003, 08:59 AM
I back the the boat down the ramp and she pulls it off and she puts it back on the trailer better than I do.
Its cheaper to keep her wink

hboldno7
07-01-2003, 09:07 AM
My Girlfriend Stands on the Dock and supervises the operation. I dont really mind, ive got it down to a science. Although, if I am on a busy ramp I make sure to have a Buddy along to get me in and out of the water.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-01-2003, 09:11 AM
I have been backing trailors down the ramp since I was 14 years old and mr.flyin vee doesn't seem to mind one bit. My father taught me how to do it so I didn't have to depend on any man to do anything for me. I think if your going to own a boat you should know everything there is to know including driving it,backing it,loading it, gasing it just everything.That is what makes boating safer if there is ever an emergency with either one of us we both know everything about taking itout and putting it in.Just my 2cents :)

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-01-2003, 09:12 AM
91nordic29:
well, i am still learning to back down the ramp. i always take it up and park. i would much rather be in the boat but we still arent used to the 11 extra feet of boat. i dont want hubby to do it all so i keep on tryin! :D eek! I'm right there with ya nordic, I usually park it, but I would eventually like to get a shot at taking it down the ramp, ya know, so I can take it by myself with the girls.....oh, and so he doesn't have to do all the work..lol :D wink :p

Mandelon
07-01-2003, 09:13 AM
Kilrtoy:
If she doesnt drive the rig what good is she,
anyways , she drives better than I do. She can stuff the trailer in places I never could and get it out. Kilrtoy, whenever you are done with her, let me know!! :D :D

Ziggy
07-01-2003, 09:56 AM
We have our routine down...I do the truck and she does the boat(we're on/off ramp within a minute)---besides, she looks way better than me sitting at the dock or idling around in the boat. And at the end of a long hot day the truck has got killer A/C while waiting my turn to back down. :cool:
Maybe during some midweek outings we'll test her backing skills again. eek!
I'm keeping her!

Posey
07-01-2003, 10:23 AM
I'LL have to say we have an agreement. I back the trailer in and she pulls the boat on. We can load/unload faster than most people. The main thing is to work together :D

roostwear
07-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Well, I kinda figured it would be around 50-50, and the wife thought there would be ALOT less women on the ramp. Since she's been learning, all she's seen are women scared of trying, and she figured ALL women were like that! eek! She even got a standing ovation for backing down a particularly narrow ramp by herself! Of course, after that, the next one down the ramp was a lady that backed a jetski trailer about 10 feet down, jackknifed it, got out and told her husband that she wasn't Superwoman, and HE should do it! argue
Looks like she's a keeper.... :D

SCUBA STEVE
07-01-2003, 10:51 AM
Oh did I forget to say Mrs Scuba is a keeper?
She is also the dj, the beer girl, the sunscreen applier, my beer bong buddy, (she'll really like this one) she is also my best friend..... how cute huh. :cool:

Desert Rat
07-01-2003, 10:53 AM
I'm sure she could back it down no problem beings she can drive the hell out of a fork lift but she is the one that puts it on the trailer and takes it off. I get to drive it the rest of the time :D

Ms. AquaBoogie1
07-01-2003, 10:54 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
She is also the dj, the beer girl, the sunscreen applier, my beer bong buddy, (she'll really like this one) she is also my best friend..... how cute huh. :cool: Aww that's so sweet Scuba :D

roostwear
07-01-2003, 10:57 AM
SCUBA STEVE:
She is also the dj, the beer girl, the sunscreen applier, my beer bong buddy, (she'll really like this one) she is also my best friend..... how cute huh. :cool: Damn!!!!!

Kilrtoy
07-01-2003, 05:52 PM
Damn, SCUBA
After backing and parking, MRS.KILRTOY says her job is to just lay there and tan her body. NAKED

Ziggy
07-01-2003, 06:06 PM
roostwear:
Well, I kinda figured it would be around 50-50, and the wife thought there would be ALOT less women on the ramp. Since she's been learning, all she's seen are women scared of trying, and she figured ALL women were like that! eek! She even got a standing ovation for backing down a particularly narrow ramp by herself! Of course, after that, the next one down the ramp was a lady that backed a jetski trailer about 10 feet down, jackknifed it, got out and told her husband that she wasn't Superwoman, and HE should do it! argue
Looks like she's a keeper.... :D Roost--I saw a tip on the boards I'm gonna try with my wife. idea By grabbing the bottom of steering wheel the net effect is that the trailer will move to same side they move their steering hand towards...that seems to be my wifes biggest hangup, she'll go the opposite of what she needs.
Worth a try.

SCUBA STEVE
07-01-2003, 06:09 PM
Kilrtoy:
Damn, SCUBA
After backing and parking, MRS.KILRTOY says her job is to just lay there and tan her body. NAKED Sounds like you got it good! :D

396_Z
07-01-2003, 06:11 PM
Given that backing trailers is what I do for a living I've never even thought about having anyone else do it.
Now if I asked I'm sure my GF would learn how.

Waldo
07-01-2003, 07:41 PM
The wife backed in the boat trailer twice this last weekend in Parker. Launching took her two times and pulling out on Sunday took only once. She also backed in a watercraft trailer for someone when no one else was around to do it. She is a definite keeper. :)

TCHB
07-01-2003, 08:31 PM
Yes my wife can back the car down or drive the boat on the trailer. It is a must!!

BigBoyToys
07-01-2003, 08:33 PM
My wife helps back th boat in, helps pull the engines when needed, washes down the boat when we're done with it for the day, keeps my tools (sockets, wrenches etc) organized,feeds me lunch and dinner at the races (and home too), etc etc. I think I'll keep her around for quite awhile eek! :D :D :D

HCS
07-01-2003, 08:49 PM
My wife does it all. She's backs it down the ramp
and doesn't pull out until it's done.
Then I trailer along and drink a beer. :D

Chase
07-03-2003, 06:16 AM
At the current time I operate the truck/trailer going both ways. She holds the boat and does the warm up while I park the truck, then when we are ready to go home she waits in the boat until it is our turn at the dock, then she drives the boat onto the trailer. I want to say that we are quite good at the proceedure, since we are in and out in only a couple of minutes. Chicks driving boats are sexy. I think she loves doing this as well because when I am going to get the truck all I can hear is the exhaust of my boat tearin' up the lake. My wife is however practicing with the backing up thing, which is good, since if something happened where she had to opetate the truck with the boat behind, she will be ready and willing.

sandblasted
07-03-2003, 06:33 AM
My wife can't back a trailer down to save her life but...
she's great in bed so she's a keeper! :D

LUVNLIFE
07-03-2003, 05:28 PM
I'll keep my wife. I do the truck duties and she does the boat. Prb less than 3 min. spent on the ramp. She's good.

DickDanger
07-03-2003, 06:35 PM
SCUBA STEVE:
She is also the dj, the beer girl, the sunscreen applier, my beer bong buddy, (she'll really like this one) she is also my best friend..... how cute huh. :cool: But does she know how much of a post ***** you are??? Almost 1500 responses since March....wow!!!!! jawdrop I like the best friend quote as well, not that I am calling bullshit, but you obviously know what side of the bread your butter is on....LMAO. L8..-DD Out

Holy Tera
07-03-2003, 06:44 PM
I am so very proud of you all after reading these posts! I can back it, and pull it out, but have NEVER launched or loaded a boat. I admire your ladies for wanting to learn, and for doing such a great job. WTG LADIES! My ex and I had a 2500 lb. (empty) equipment trailer for his music equipment that I could put ANYWHERE with our Suburban, and also our 44 passenger Silver Eagle bus. He could put that bus anywhere he wanted, but he couldn't drive either the truck or the bus as he is totally blind. Well, I should say he CAN drive (and HAS), he just can't SEE to drive! :D :D :D

NEW 2 RIVER
07-03-2003, 07:26 PM
I back the boat in the water and then launch.The wife then parks the truck and trailer.When leaving I retrive truck and trailer and she pulls boat on trailer.She is currently learning how to back the trailer a little bit more each time out.Once she learns dont think I will change the process.Wouldnt be to fair.Besides then she might expect some wheel time on the boat. :)

Trailer Park Casanova
07-03-2003, 08:11 PM
It really makes me feel bad to watch guys belittle their wife/GF when they're trying to back the boat.
Once a month, at a little outdoor TIKI bar parking lot in Chatworth/Canoga Park, (across from Rocketdyne), we hook up the boat 22' w/Extreme trailer to our truck and Kathy is glad to teach any girl with hands on the wheel, that would like to learn how to back a boat around obstacles and cones easily and patiently.
Piece of cake. Free of course, it's a lot of fun.
Kathy has girls backing as experts in minutes.
Feel free to let us (Kathy) know if any girl is interested.
Then the next round is on me.
[ July 03, 2003, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]