08-10-2003, 12:58 PM
I think Im going to go to parker on sunday aug 17
so I need a goog spot to launch for a day
if you have a good spot you dount want to post give me a PM
thanks mike

Trailer Park Casanova
08-10-2003, 01:18 PM
Mike,
It's no secret that its easy to launch in Parker.
Just south of Arizona Shores Motel is an excellent ramp, with usually adequate Parking. All Free.
Several other along that route too.
Never ever heard of launching headaches in Parker like Havasu or Katherines.
Havasu now, is another story. Havasu needs to expand it's facilities, and add more. I think the Grey Hairs run the place and have animosity against summer boaters.

mike37
08-10-2003, 01:39 PM
Trailer Park Casanova:
Mike,
It's no secret that its easy to launch in Parker.
Just south of Arizona Shores Motel is an excellent ramp, with usually adequate Parking. All Free.
Several other along that route too.
Never ever heard of launching headaches in Parker like Havasu or Katherines.
Havasu now, is another story. Havasu needs to expand it's facilities, and add more. I think the Grey Hairs run the place and have animosity against summer boaters. I dont know parker very well havent ben there
for 30 years so if I were to be heding there from havasu what is the best way to go or is there only one way

Boatcop
08-10-2003, 01:44 PM
Little known, but open to the public is our launch ramp at the Boating Safety Center.
We just re-did it last spring. Nice and shallow, good traction, courtesy dock, and lots of parking in an area where no one would even think of breaking into your vehicle.
It's just to then north of our building between us and the Patria Flats Day Use area.

mike37
08-10-2003, 02:10 PM
Boatcop:
Little known, but open to the public is our launch ramp at the Boating Safety Center.
We just re-did it last spring. Nice and shallow, good traction, courtesy dock, and lots of parking in an area where no one would even think of breaking into your vehicle.
It's just to then north of our building between us and the Patria Flats Day Use area. hey boatcop
can you give me directions from havasu
I know you go south on 95
but after that im lost I know ther is a right turn to go over to the river is ther a sighn for parker last time I was ther I was 5
I need direction like go right at then left at ext.
thanks mike

Boatcop
08-10-2003, 02:24 PM
From Havasu, South on 95. You can either take the fork in the road at Buckskin State Park, or continue on 95 about 2 more miles, and turn right on Golf Course Drive.
If you took the Buckskin "exit" go straight, past the Golf Course.
If you took Golf Course Drive, turn left at the bottom and go about 1/2 mile.
We're the big building on the right just past The Day Use Area, with big boat bay doors, next to Buckskin Fire Department.
Use the ramp just to the north of the building. Parking is pretty well marked out.

mike37
08-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Boatcop:
From Havasu, South on 95. You can either take the fork in the road at Buckskin State Park, or continue on 95 about 2 more miles, and turn right on Golf Course Drive.
If you took the Buckskin "exit" go straight, past the Golf Course.
If you took Golf Course Drive, turn left at the bottom and go about 1/2 mile.
We're the big building on the right just past The Day Use Area, with big boat bay doors, next to Buckskin Fire Department.
Use the ramp just to the north of the building. Parking is pretty well marked out. thanks boatcop
mike

LHC30Victory
08-10-2003, 02:48 PM
Boatcop:
It's just to then north of our building between us and the Patria Flats Day Use area. Would you please consider building a similar facility that has access to Havasu. :p
The other posters are right - facilities are too limited here.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-10-2003, 07:40 PM
Look for the sign at the fork; "Business District", follow that route and you'll be on the lower road that is closest to the river.
Watch the speed limits. They vary, and are kind of slow.