PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me......

RiverToysJas
11-21-2002, 11:17 AM
Or shouldn't trucks like this be 4wd???
http://www.op6c.com/images/fun_images/big2wd.jpg
Yes, that's an F-150 2wd with 44s!!! Nice truck, belongs to my new neighbor, but I think if you're going to put that kind of time and money into something, it should be a little bit usable. Maybe it's just me...
RTJas :D

Jordy
11-21-2002, 11:20 AM
In reality, how "usable" is any truck with 44's on it? Kinda limits the usage factor, while increasing the cool factor. Personally, I don't have much use for a truck with anything bigger than 33's on it, but that's just me.

Lightning
11-21-2002, 11:24 AM
My personal opinion, that truck is GAY. Why the hell would you want a 2wd w/ 44's? WTF?

MikeF
11-21-2002, 11:47 AM
It's really only good for breaking transmissions and getting the look and the smile from that 18 year old hottie in the truck next to you while you are passing on the freeway wink :D .

Havasu Doug
11-21-2002, 12:08 PM
It's not just you Jason,
What's that term? "All show, no go!". While that truck would never serve my purposes, it may be serving his if he's in it for attention from chicks that just don't know any better. Looking back on my truck club days, I realize, now, that 37.5" tires were too big for my Toyota. The teenie boppers didn't know any better though. The most common misconception was "bigger means more powerful" which in reality the opposite is true. (weight to power ratio). I went from a 2.2 liter with 37.5's to a 7.5 liter with 35's. Less attention, but more satisfaction! :D

hoolign
11-21-2002, 12:13 PM
No it's not just you! that's just a hair more than half retarded! in my opinion
it's along the line of boob jobs on ugly women...useless :p

CrazyHippy
11-21-2002, 01:28 PM
Most good looking truck on 44's will NEVER see the dirt. This guy realized it before he did the work and is getting better mileage (like you can tell), lower ins. costs, and more attention from the board.
If you have 4wd, use it!!!!!!!!!!!!
BJH

canutowme
11-21-2002, 02:32 PM
He must have a small dick!

Mohavekid
11-21-2002, 07:21 PM
Most trucks of that type never see dirt. They are too damn expensive to build and too tough to clean up afterwards.
35's on a full size will get you most anywhere 99% of us go anyway.
How many here with a 4X4 have really used it?

hoolign
11-21-2002, 07:29 PM
use 4x4 every day,summer winter,just to get to work

24RODjr
11-21-2002, 07:44 PM
Just bought my 4x4 for three reasons:
1) No stopping to put on chains on the way to/from skiing
2) NO SPINNING ON THE RAMP!!! EVER!!!
3) Just in case someone *cough 24ROD cough* get's me stuck in the sand with the trailer attached when it's over 115 at havasu...or something like that. Seriously, it's already paid for itself.
Something like that wouldn't be usable even if it was 4x4...unless you were sponsored and crushing cars...then MAD PROPS!

RiverToysJas
11-21-2002, 08:02 PM
I used to have a 4x4 Toyota V-6, I went off-roading in that truck a few times a year and used it to tow & launch my Hawaiian.
My Tahoe is 4x4, mainly so I don't have to worry about slipping on the ramp. I have taken it off-road, but nothing too serious.

01RENEGADE
11-21-2002, 10:10 PM
All I can say is WANNA BE!!! WANNA BE!!! WANNA BE!!!

syke-o
11-21-2002, 10:49 PM
I think it looks cool and serves the purpose of trying to pull chicks. The guy probably drives less than 10 miles back and forth to work, and like everyone in here is saying never takes it off road. I myself have a 2wd f250 and have never needed to go off road, and if a 4x4 is needed for mammoth trips i just ride up with a friend :D

stix818
11-22-2002, 07:48 AM
I thought I was the only person that thought lifting trucks like that was useless. I have a new Z71 and I've done everything in that truck and I just recently went to a little larger tire. Everyone ask me when are you going to lift it? It just does not serve my needs. I've never had any problems going down to launch beach at the river and launching or pulling my boat out.

H4215
11-22-2002, 02:29 PM
It's just you Jas, because you're jealous! He has a super cool truck that has 3 inches more clearance than your 4x4 Tahoe, get over it brother. Although from where he parks it at in his driveway I think he is calling you out. :D

carreraelite
11-22-2002, 03:15 PM
Most of the trucks i've seen that are lifted that much don't have a front drive line anyways , so what's the difference??

Havasu Doug
11-22-2002, 03:22 PM
Ok, now that we're on the subject of tire height on 2 wheel drive full size trucks, what is the tallest everyone thinks one can go before becoming ridiculous? 33",35",36",etc. :confused:

RiverToysJas
11-23-2002, 09:31 AM
Doug, the answer to your question is 33".
Thank you all for the replies and input! I have thought this over more than I probably should have, and come to this conclusion... 2wd Monster Trucks are gay. Here's MY theory, trucks like this are still playing off of the original monster-truck/car-crusher, Big Foot! Big Foot has always had a purpose and it was never to whoo High School girls. Big Foot crushes cars with tires way bigger than 44". But for legal reasons & street-ability, our modern replicas need to be held to a tire size that is more reasonable. 44" is a good size; I don't have a problem with 44" tires on a "street" Monster Truck. BUT it MUST be 4wd!!! This is the quintessential component that makes the monster truck what it is. The lift kit, the tires, the gears, the power, and the graphics are all part of it. But having all of those things and not 4wd is like having all of the sides w/o the steak for dinner. It's just not complete. Sure it may fill you up, but it will never satisfy you. A monster truck w/o 4wd is like building a Lamborghini from a Pontiac Fiero, it's gay. Sure the young chicks might think it's a super-car, but everyone else just sees a poser/wanna-be. So, thank you all for helping me to clarify my thoughts on this issue. When I started this thread, I knew I thought of 2wd 44" tired trucks as posers, but I didn't really know why. Now it's so clear! :cool:
(BTW, This rant is not meant to be taken too seriously, it's just one man's opinion and I encourage your replies and flames)
[ November 23, 2002, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: RiverToysJas ]

locogringo
11-23-2002, 09:52 PM
That bites (2WD raised) almost as much as a lowered truck IMO. Trucks are meant to be trucks. Higher is great but lower is gay.
I got 33's on Yukon XL and do take it off road and as 24 Rod said, no stopping when you go to the snow.
Loco's .02 :D

ROZ
11-24-2002, 01:08 AM
He didn't have to go through such great expense to get the frisbe off the roof. eek! ...A ladder would have done the job :p :D
Lots of dollars and no sense. :rolleyes:

24ROD
11-24-2002, 07:17 AM
24RODjr:
Just bought my 4x4 for three reasons:
1) No stopping to put on chains on the way to/from skiing
2) NO SPINNING ON THE RAMP!!! EVER!!!
3) Just in case someone *cough 24ROD cough* get's me stuck in the sand with the trailer attached when it's over 115 at havasu...or something like that. Seriously, it's already paid for itself.
Something like that wouldn't be usable even if it was 4x4...unless you were sponsored and crushing cars...then MAD PROPS!WTF! ok let's set the facts straight.
1) It wasn't 115 it was 120 at havasu that day eek!
2) :D wink
3) :cool:

boatlessd
11-24-2002, 09:31 AM
I have a F-150 4x4 on 33's. Perfectly functional. I too have pulled up to a lifted 2WD and was LMAO. Looks nice but was driving sideways. :D
[ November 24, 2002, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: boatlessd ]

Rayhill
11-25-2002, 02:41 AM
Maybe he did it so he can look down into other cars and watch women scratching their muffin?
wink

JetBoatRich
11-25-2002, 04:13 AM
You these type of vehicles all the time and wonder why? Is it gas mileage? Insurance?
Maybe Gay? :confused:

BlownCole
11-25-2002, 06:47 AM
Havasu Doug:
Ok, now that we're on the subject of tire height on 2 wheel drive full size trucks, what is the tallest everyone thinks one can go before becoming ridiculous? 33",35",36",etc. :confused: I think that it is all relative to the truck that the tires are on. IMO there is a certain balance that needs to be achieved when modifying the height on a vehicle. There are times when a 33 looks way to small and then there are times it could look to big, not very often though. I have seen a big red F350 that runs around Havasu that is on 44s, it is a daily driver, it has in the neighborhood of 300,000 miles on it, and it is bad ass. As far as lifting 2wd, oh well different strokes for different folks, not something I would do but to each his own. If the truck in the first post where mine it would definantly be a 4wd. Just my .02

THOR
11-25-2002, 07:15 AM
I saw another dude in HB today with a silver Ford 2WD lifted with tires and all kinds of off-road shit. Wierd.

boatnam2
11-25-2002, 07:51 AM
i have a f-250 superduty with a 6"lift and 35's 2wd.i do not 4 wheel drive and i dont need it for pulling the boat out of the water.i think a f-250 is ugly as hell in the stock running gear and would not even own one if it wasnt lifted.i lifted it a day after i got it.my buddie bought one but dont have the money to lift it,i kid with him all the time about how gay it looks.

snappertapper
11-25-2002, 08:49 AM
well it all depends on what you want to do with the truck if it is just for looks then there is no sense in having 4x4 more to tare up but on the other hand maybee he just figured the big tires would replace 4wd either way the truck is damn cool and looks sweet

lakesmodified
11-25-2002, 09:09 AM
RiverToysJas:
Or shouldn't trucks like this be 4wd???
http://www.op6c.com/images/fun_images/big2wd.jpg
Yes, that's an F-150 2wd with 44s!!! Nice truck, belongs to my new neighbor, but I think if you're going to put that kind of time and money into something, it should be a little bit usable. Maybe it's just me...
RTJas :D This truck reminds me of all the JUNK front wheel drives with all the spoilers, 24" wheels, 30 series tires that are wider than the entire width of the car to begin with, etc, etc, etc.. A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY!

HM
11-25-2002, 10:25 AM
I think that truck is sweet! Not for me, but I like seeing trucks like that. I like seeing anything custom, even if I don't personally like it - it is just totally cool that someone had a vision of their ultimate vehicle and made it happen.

Havasu Cig
11-25-2002, 10:32 AM
Speaking of "usable" 4x4's I had a chance to get a close look this past weekend at a new H-2. I did not like them when they first came out, but I thing the thing is pretty cool for the money. Not as awesome as the H-1, but not nearly as expensive either.
The thing had what looked like at least 35" tires stock, great ground clearance, and very little extending forward of the front axle or aft of the rear axle. It looks like it would actually make a great offroad vehicle in stock form. I would still like to drive one, but I was impressed when I got a close up look.

nhbuoy
11-25-2002, 12:41 PM
That truck is doing EXACTLY what the owner of it built it for!!!It is attracting BIG TIME attention and making it a HOT TOPIC on this site!!!Like the owner even CARES what you guys think...He's probably LHAO at all us "experts" and our "opinions"!!!BTW HCig...I'm VERY happy that you are impressed with the H2...BUT that WASN'T the question!!!Isn't the H2 a glorified Chevy SUV...for 55K!?!!?!I'll take two!!!hahahaha>>

lakesmodified
11-25-2002, 09:33 PM
Havasu Cig:
Speaking of "usable" 4x4's I had a chance to get a close look this past weekend at a new H-2. I did not like them when they first came out, but I thing the thing is pretty cool for the money. Not as awesome as the H-1, but not nearly as expensive either.
The thing had what looked like at least 35" tires stock, great ground clearance, and very little extending forward of the front axle or aft of the rear axle. It looks like it would actually make a great offroad vehicle in stock form. I would still like to drive one, but I was impressed when I got a close up look.Basically the H2 is nothing but an extended Yukon frame with a BUTT UGLY square body! Live axle rear end, with independant front axle. NO fully independent front and rear ends with geared hubs like on a REAL HUMMER! Plain ole GMC GUNK! Save your SOULS buy a FORD! :D

snappertapper
11-29-2002, 06:23 PM
I agree with you lakesmodified they are ugly and weak and all they are gonna do is become over popular.

MJ19
11-29-2002, 08:24 PM
Just between you and me...when I see a truck all suped up like that I think to myself...
"ahhh that poor man has a SMALL unit...at least he can make himself feel better with BIG tires." :D

BigBoyToys
11-29-2002, 08:31 PM
Well, if done right, what's the difference between a 2wd and a 4wd?
About 30 feet!

24ROD
11-30-2002, 06:35 AM
Lifted 2wd truck=GAY :p

snappertapper
11-30-2002, 07:35 AM
Why how maybe its what he wanted looks not performance

DickDanger
11-30-2002, 07:00 PM
Looks like a really clean truck there. However, its all about whats important to you. I cant see having a rig that I am not gonna throw logs in the bed from chopping wood, hauling rock, throwing my bike in the back, or going 4x4ing at Gilman Springs at midnight. I am all about function AND looks. My 1995 Toyota V6 with a 4 inch lift, and 32's does just fine for both. But thats just me. -DD Out

BigDogIvan
11-30-2002, 08:30 PM
When your truck is bigger than your house, and your truck payment is more than your house. your priorities are all messed up or your comensating for something that is small. :D
BD

RiverToysJas
12-01-2002, 06:55 AM
HolyMoly:
I think that truck is sweet! Not for me, but I like seeing trucks like that. I like seeing anything custom, even if I don't personally like it - it is just totally cool that someone had a vision of their ultimate vehicle and made it happen.I agree with you there!

NashvilleBound
12-01-2002, 08:01 AM
BigDogIvan:
When your truck is bigger than your house, and your truck payment is more than your house. your priorities are all messed up or your comensating for something that is small. :D
BDLMAO.... Exactly!

TCHB
12-01-2002, 01:42 PM
Everyone has different tastes and that is the way it should be. Look at the boat ramp and what do you see blown engines, stock engines, outboads, deck boats and of coarse the good looking women with and without fake boobs.