PDA

View Full Version : The History Channel tonight!!!

Froggystyle
03-16-2003, 06:28 PM
I don't recommend TV shows much, but there appears to be a great evening of viewing in store for us tonight.
At 7:00 PST there is a documentary about the Iraqi nuclear weapon program, and how they had actually gotten one built in 1983. However, a strike of Israeli fighters laid waste to the whole program in about a 30 second period. Should be good.
That will get you warmed up for what is on at 8:00 PST. The show is called "Bravo Two Zero" and is the BBC documentary about a British SAS (Special Forces) squad that gotten comprimised and trapped deep in Iraq. They were chased across the whole country to escape to Syria, only to be caught at the border and tortured until the end of the war. Andy McNab is an SAS operative, and wrote a pair of books on the subject called "Bravo Two Zero" and "Immediate Action" that were the most accurate depictions of life in the Special Forces and Special Warfare in my case that I have ever read. Straightforward, accurate etc...
The maneuvers on the documentary, taken from the book and overseen by Andy were 100% realistic, and really give you a great idea of how screwed Special Warfare is in the event of a comprimise.
Needless, they killed over 200 Iraqis while evading. Great, true story. I give two thumbs and ten toes up on this two shows.
I think they replay at 10/11

WetWillie
03-16-2003, 06:56 PM
Coool!! I was looking for something good to watch!
Thanks,
WW :D
[ March 16, 2003, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: WetWillie ]

WetWillie
03-16-2003, 07:08 PM
Wes,
You get your times messed up? Im on history and there talking Bazzokas...Coool! Its on at 8pm in San Diego.
I have Satalite and it channel 269
WW :p

Froggystyle
03-16-2003, 08:02 PM
I messed up. It is on at 8 and 9 respectively.
That LAAW and AT-4 on "Mail Call" is fun to shoot. Loud as all get out though. I can't believe those guys aren't wearing double hearing protection. That will give you an IMMEDIATE ice-cream headache, even with foamies and earmuffs.
Sorry for the confusion. I was looking at the website, and it was talking about another zone I think. :rolleyes:

Froggystyle
03-16-2003, 09:24 PM
This isn't "Bravo Two Zero" but it is a great account of the same exact event/s.
I recommend watching this, but also renting the BBC documentary. It is only on VHS from what I have seen.
The first strike show was amazing.

Froggystyle
03-16-2003, 11:01 PM
OK, it just finished. That was badass.
Those guys were so top notch. Equipment was bad, comms were worse, but when the shoe leather hit the desert any man would be hard pressed to perform as well as they did under immense psychological and physical pressure.
If anyone has any questions regarding the treatment of prisoners by Iraqi's, I think they should take a look at Andy's nearly completely fake grille and rethink them....

spectratoad
03-17-2003, 05:45 AM
that was a good show Wes. I can't believe the inner strenght that would require and the ability to just have to pull every bit of yourself out to get through things. That was good. I may have to go buy the books. I guees the guy that authored this documentary also has twoo books out on the subject.

Nokomis
03-17-2003, 08:33 AM
The anti-war morons who keep saying "If you (U.S. gov.)know where the weapons are just tell the U.N..." have no clue about the people who risk their lives getting that info. And if the U.S. tips their hand about what they know, it would basically hang them out to dry.

Froggystyle
03-17-2003, 11:26 AM
spectratoad:
that was a good show Wes. I can't believe the inner strenght that would require and the ability to just have to pull every bit of yourself out to get through things. That was good. I may have to go buy the books. I guees the guy that authored this documentary also has twoo books out on the subject. Check out my first post. The books are called "Immediate Action" and "Bravo Two Zero"
Great reads.