PDA

View Full Version : 47' Fountain on E-bay. Great parts boat

Jordy
01-30-2003, 07:27 PM
Not a bad deal right now. Great parts boat with triple HP500's in it.
Wrecked 47' Fountain. Triple HP's and more. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26432&item=2401909228)
http://imagehost.auctionwatch.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/averdone/47BOAT001.JPG

Infomaniac
01-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Looks like it has been wet inside to me

Jbb
01-30-2003, 07:38 PM
A fixer upper!

Mandelon
01-30-2003, 07:48 PM
Damn, sure would've been cool to see a tape of that grounding....Looks like they just powerwashed it, since its still dripping inside.
Jordy, I thought you already had two boats, just can't keep from looking on e-bay anyway though huh? Its an addiction.......Cool Pics.

Jordy
01-30-2003, 07:52 PM
That boat actually ran aground at Lake Mead about 5 years ago. I was up there when it happened. The guy driving it was hammered and railed onto the beach in a what he thought was the channel that turned out to be a cove. I think something like 3 or 4 people were killed in the wreck and he did some time in prison for it.
For where the bidding is right now, it's not a bad price for 3 HP500's, drives (depending on the shape they're in), a generator, A/C, the trailer and all the other stuff that's there.

JetBoatRich
01-30-2003, 08:16 PM
WOW that thing is messed up, must have been some sight to see. $30,000 seem like a lot to start with.
Sad story for those involved. :D

rrrr
01-31-2003, 07:27 AM
Really get a sick feeling looking at those pictures.
I am always amazed when I hear a boat hauling ass in the dark across a lake. Not for me.
[ January 31, 2003, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: rrrr ]

THOR
01-31-2003, 07:58 AM
Just buff it out.

DansBlown73Nordic
01-31-2003, 08:12 AM
Needs Some TLC........ eek! jawdrop

JetBoatRich
01-31-2003, 08:12 AM
THOR:
Just buff it out. What you are saying is a little BONDO and won't even notice it :confused:

superV
01-31-2003, 08:36 AM
I have a case of duck tape if anyone is interested! :D

Slick
01-31-2003, 08:42 AM
I have two half tubes of JB Weld. That should ger her going again.

OC-PARTYCAT
01-31-2003, 08:42 AM
Looks like Captain Mick f*ckd up. It looks like he was at speed when he hit ground...I dont think most drunks would even do that..what a shame. Sad to see people where killed while a dip shit was at the wheel.

al cole'holic
01-31-2003, 08:45 AM
This happened 5 years ago?? When did the HP500 motor come out????????????

Dusty Times
01-31-2003, 08:54 AM
Thanks Jordy
I was wondering what happened to that boat. It was in Boulder City. After this went to trial it was gone. Might be worth a couple bucks (They can keep the ghosts).

lawbreaker2
01-31-2003, 08:59 AM
Ill just pull it in next to the barn that way everybody will think Im rich. :D

Blown 472
01-31-2003, 09:15 AM
We get that here alot, 2-3 in the morning wot back down river. No thanks.

Back To Havasu
01-31-2003, 09:46 AM
I too remember the wreck, as I owned a home in Summerlin at the time. I thought two couples were on the boat, and all four were killed in the crash. I could be wrong (happens regularly), but if not, as a former prosecutor, I'm wondering who went to jail...a corpse? Please fill me in as to any survivors. Thanks. :confused:

Jordy
01-31-2003, 09:50 AM
The driver survived. His wife was killed, as were another couple on board... They figure he was doing 35 or so when he ran aground back in the cove. The rangers we talked too right after it happened (I was up working on the road that runs by the lake and drops you off in Henderscum) and he said the inital speed estimates were much higher. I found the article on it one time, let me see if I can find it again.

Jordy
01-31-2003, 09:54 AM
Here is one article about it:
The boating season got off to a bad start last month when a cigarette boat slammed into the shore at 50 mph. Four people were killed and three injured.
The speedboat accident on March 22 occurred just hours after the party was asked to leave the busy Lake Mead Marina.
"They were loud and disruptive, spilling drinks," said Roy Bristow, the marina's food and beverage manager. "One of them threw a plate of food at our bartender. They were out of control. I told them to just go away. The people mooned the marina as the boat pulled out.
"They were just an accident waiting to happen," Bristow said. "Unfortunately it did."
Earlier in the day, the Nevada Division of Wildlife arrested the boat driver on a charge of operating the boat while under the influence of alcohol. Another passenger passed a field sobriety test and was allowed to take control of the boat.

ACCEPTENCE
01-31-2003, 09:54 AM
That's ureal, the mayham of morons and the power of idiots, just scary I tell ya...

Jordy
01-31-2003, 09:56 AM
Wednesday, March 25, 1998
Boat owner tells how four died
Michael Yost of Las Vegas says he made a wrongturn on Lake Mead, causing his speedboat to run aground.
By Tanya Flanagan
Review-Journal
The owner of a luxury speedboat told National Park Service rangers Tuesday that a wrong turn on Lake Mead caused the boat to slam into the shore, killing four people and injuring three others.
Michael Yost, 44, said he was driving his 47-foot Fountain about midnight Sunday when he made the fatal turn and crashed at Burro Point, six miles north of Hoover Dam on the Arizona side of the lake. The wrecked boat was discovered at 9:53 a.m. Monday by a passing boater.
Yost, owner of Yost Studios, a hair salon on East Flamingo Road, was in fair condition Tuesday at University Medical Center.
Ronald Surls, 27, also was in fair condition, and Richard Reynierse, 24, remained in serious condition, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Eugene C. Cason III, 27 of North Las Vegas, Michael J. Kelley, 26, of Las Vegas, Pearl Ewens, 47, of Henderson and Yost's wife, Camille, 41, of Henderson were killed.
Lake Mead National Recreation Area rangers spent much of Tuesday scouring the shoreline for clues. By examining debris, they estimated the boat was traveling more than 50 mph when the accident happened.
Three of the four bodies were found floating in the water, and the other body and the three survivors were in the boat, park service spokeswoman Karen Whitney said.
At nearby Lake Mead Marina, less than eight hours before the crash, Nevada Division of Wildlife personnel arrested Aaron Niquette, 25, of Las Vegas on a charge of operating Yost's boat while under the influence of alcohol.
Niquette was given two blood-alcohol tests with results of 0.12 and 0.10 percent respectively, reported game warden Karen Welden. The legal limit for operating a boat is 0.10 percent.
He was taken to the Clark County Detention Center and booked on a charge of operating a boat while under the influence of alcohol. He also was booked on a hit-and-run charge after another boat in the marina was struck, Welden reported.
Whitney said officials took the necessary precautions to ensure the boat was safely operated.
"We didn't test a bunch of people and let them go," she said. "Everyone pointed to this one young man, and they (wildlife officials) did a field sobriety test on him and he passed the test with flying colors. And there was no smell of alcohol on him, so we said, 'OK, you can take over the boat.'
"If everybody had been drunk, they would have docked the boat and sent everybody home. It's just going to be hard to tie an OUI (operating under the influence) into this," she said.
Whitney said the park service likely would not pursue the alcohol angle when determining the cause of the wreck.
"We didn't take any blood or ask for any because it was 10 hours after the accident (when the victims were found)," she said. "There wouldn't be any way of indicating whether alcohol was a factor because of a time lag."
Pat Bodin, co-owner of Drew's Dam Divers, said she saw Yost's boat, christened "Underestimated," as it pulled out of the marina.
"The guy who was driving ... almost hit a couple of boats and then he went through the scuba part," which is a restricted area, Bodin said.
She described the people on the boat as "a real spectacle." Bodin said she did not file a report with the park service.
Greg Poots, a salesman at Elite Marine where Yost purchased the $374,000 speedboat in June, said Yost was very familiar with the lake.
"That guy (Yost) knows the lake and has taken that boat to Catalina and to Lake Havasu. This guy knows the lake, but you can talk to people who have lived out here 30 years and they know that the lake changes."
Yost also owns a houseboat he keeps at Callville Bay, Whitney said.

Jordy
01-31-2003, 09:56 AM
Tuesday, February 02, 1999
Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal
Man pleads guilty in boating deaths
Defendant: I was driving too fast
By Dave Hawkins
Special to the Review-Journal
KINGMAN, Ariz. -- A Henderson man faces up to 12 years in prison after pleading guilty Monday in a boating accident that killed his wife and three friends on Lake Mead last spring.
Michael Yost, 44, pleaded guilty in Mohave County Superior Court to four counts of manslaughter.
"I was driving too fast for the conditions of the night," Yost told Judge Richard Weiss. Yost ran his 47-foot speedboat aground near Burro Point on the Arizona side of the lake during a midnight return from Hoover Dam on March 22.
"Mr. Yost estimated his speed at approximately 50 miles an hour," prosecutor Derek Carlisle said. "One of the witnesses on the boat who survived estimated the boat was full throttle, which would be about 80 miles per hour."
Yost's wife, Camille, 41, Eugene Cason III, 27, and Michael Kelly, 26, both of Las Vegas suffered fatal injuries when they were thrown from the boat, according to the National Park Service. Pearl Ewens, 47, of Henderson remained on board and was also dead at the scene of the wreck.
Two aggravated assault counts and an endangerment charge were dismissed in the agreement Weiss approved. The deal also removed from the manslaughter counts the "dangerous offense" allegation that enhances punishment provisions.
The hair salon owner can receive no more than 12 years in prison when sentenced March 3; he had faced 134 years in prison if he had been convicted of all counts at trial and given the maximum sentence. Yost is also eligible for probation, but such leniency is rare in multiple-death prosecutions in Mohave County.
Weiss asked whether the victims' families were satisfied with the terms of the deal.
"That's a hard question to answer," Carlisle responded. "The various victims in this case have expressed varying degrees of support."
One victim's father, Eugene Cason II, clearly was not pleased with the agreement. "I can't do anything about it," he told reporters outside the courthouse. "It can't bring my son back."
Yost admitted he had been drinking the day before the crash. Because of that, he said he relinquished control of his boat to a friend before he later cooked steaks and potatoes for "everyone who was around."
"He was nursing a beer and had one or two beers around dinner time. This was about 7 or 8 at night," Las Vegas defense lawyer Stephen Stein said. "The accident occurred about midnight."
About a dozen Yost supporters attended Monday's hearing. In addition to potential prison time, Yost faces possible fines, fees and restitution payments when sentenced next month.
[ January 31, 2003, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: jordanpaulk ]

Back To Havasu
01-31-2003, 10:06 AM
Thanks Jordy for the info. I had no idea there were more than 4 on the boat. I hope Yost did some serious time, and the civil lawsuits that must have resulted from the estates of the deceased bankrupted him. It is too sad. frown

Jordy
01-31-2003, 10:10 AM
According to Az. Dept. of Corrections records he served about 3 1/2 years of a 4 year sentence...

ACCEPTENCE
01-31-2003, 10:12 AM
Oh-my, that's just an ugly deal all the way around.

78Eliminator
01-31-2003, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't even want to touch that thing. When a bunch of people have been killed in it, it's worthless to me no matter what parts are bolted to it.
By the sound of that article, the guy driving it could have been sober but just inexperienced. Of course everyone will want to blame it on some kind of demon (like alcohol), but whether he was juiced or not he was irresponsible and had bad judgement. The crowd I hang with at the river barely get's on plane at night. The stupidity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Dusty Times
01-31-2003, 09:08 PM
Jordy
You did so much research I shot you a five.
Were you working for Las Vegas Paving at that time?

JetBoatRich
01-31-2003, 09:15 PM
jordanpaulk:
According to Az. Dept. of Corrections records he served about 3 1/2 years of a 4 year sentence... He only got 4 years out of this, does not seem right. What was their thinking 1 for each year. These people will never be back and he will be on the street again?

Jordy
01-31-2003, 09:19 PM
Dusty Times:
Jordy
You did so much research I shot you a five.
Were you working for Las Vegas Paving at that time? Right on. Thanks man. Actually I was working for FNF at the time. We had a job at Indian Springs and then Lake Mead Drive when this all happened.

Dusty Times
01-31-2003, 09:22 PM
Do you still work for FNF? We do some of their trucking but haven't in awhile.

Jordy
01-31-2003, 09:25 PM
That job was the last time I worked for them, although I did talk to them a couple weeks ago about maybe putting something back together. I just hated working out of town, and we always seemed to end up in the nicest places... I spent a summer up in Ely, Nevada and that was about the furthest south Nevada job that was going on at the time.

Dusty Times
01-31-2003, 09:41 PM
That's why we haven't. I won't travel anymore, so I only bid the jobs in our area.

wsuwrhr
02-02-2003, 09:45 AM
I am staying at a friends house in Vegas right now. I showed the picture to him, and he knows Michael. He said he just got out or is getting out pretty soon. I can tell you guys from what I heard about that crash, there was nothing good going on that day. No winners from that situation.
Anyways, Sad nonetheless.
Brian
[ February 02, 2003, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]