PDA

View Full Version : What the *&^%

Her454
04-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Ok, the last sentence in this article doesn't make sense....its THE LAW. Apparently its up to the discretion of the CHP here whether she is cited or NOT? How can that be when there is an accident involved?
Inattention leads to I-8 rollover, officer says
Apr 16, 2003
The simple act of reaching for a compact disc case led to a two-car rollover in which two children were thrown out of a van, authorities said.
At about 10:50 p.m. Monday, a motorist traveling about 80 mph on Interstate 8 took his eyes off the road while reaching for a CD case in his car, said David Nunez, an officer with the California Highway Patrol.
Peter Vallejo, 20, of Brawley, Calif., swerved into a 1991 Dodge van carrying a woman and her three children, he said. Both drivers lost control just west of Winterhaven Drive.
Elizabeth Lizarraga-Rodriguez, 6, and her 4-year-old sister, Jessica, were ejected from the back seat of the van as it rolled, Nunez said. They were not wearing seat belts.
On Tuesday, Jessica was listed in good condition at Yuma Regional Medical Center. Elizabeth, treated for abrasions, was discharged from YRMC.
Maria Lizarraga-Rodriguez, 39, and her 13-year-old son, Jose, were not seriously injured in the accident. The family is from Mexicali, Baja Calif.
Vallejo did not require medical care.
California law requires all passengers to wear seat belts. Under the circumstances, CHP will not cite Lizarraga-Rodriguez for failing to seat belt her children, Nunez said.

miller19j
04-16-2003, 12:41 PM
My guess is that after that ordeal they are assuming that she learned her lesson. Apparently they have the choice of weather to give a ticket or warning. But it does seem stupid. If it were up to me I would cite her. She broke the law and endangered her children at the very least she should get a ticket!
But this is the new millennium no one is held accountable for their actions anymore!

spectratoad
04-16-2003, 12:44 PM
Well not being seatbelted did not cause the accident so maybe that is what they are saying they didn't site them for???? I know alot of times reporters only get half the story out.
I know here in Nevada if they pull you over for something and notice that you are not wearing your seatbelt, bam, automatically add that to the citation because it's the law!!!

Her454
04-16-2003, 12:47 PM
I understand their compassion, but if it were ME, I'd have a ticket, a hefty fine and with my luck Jailtime too. eek!

Blown 472
04-16-2003, 12:48 PM
Her454:
I understand their compassion, but if it were ME, I'd have a ticket, a hefty fine and with my luck Jailtime too. eek! Get tha tazer.

Jungle Boy
04-16-2003, 01:32 PM
Her454:
I understand their compassion, but if it were ME, I'd have a ticket, a hefty fine and with my luck Jailtime too. eek! You're hardcore! I'm thinking the injuries to her kids will serve as a better punishment than a fine for not having them buckled in. Maybe she gave the patrolman a nice smile and flashed a tit eek! eek! !! oops, did I say that.

75_Elim
04-16-2003, 01:54 PM
Normally I don't get controversial but the winter is holding on too long and I'm getting bored.....
With that being said: I now say F-um all. If any piece of shit wants to not buckle themselves or their kids in that's there choice and in fact it's a good thing. Think about this, If the parents of these kids are too frickin stupid to buckle up knowing how much safer it is. Then what the hell kind of parents are they going to be for the kid? So now this dumb asses raise 2 or 3 even dumber kids and those dumb kids breed on even more. Now we have a state covered in dumb shits. So you see, it's clearly Darwinism at it's finest. The only way this plan fails is when these frikin illegals like the women in the article come up here, role the car, the kids go flying, but now she dies, the kids don't and the state gets stuck with the med bills and 3 more F'n illegals.
Now a days there is too much for me to worry about personally, so if some yahoo doesn't want to wear a belt I just say what the F and wish them happy travels through the windshield :D as I check to be sure my seatbelt is on.

LaveyJet
04-16-2003, 02:14 PM
Her454:
California law requires all passengers to wear seat belts. Under the circumstances, CHP will not cite Lizarraga-Rodriguez for failing to seat belt her children, Nunez said. Ok, got to get technical here, there ARE exceptions to the seat belt law. If, for example, you're in the back of a motor home, you don't need seatbelts. The article said it was a van, but it didn't say what kind. The officer may not have had a choice. That doesn't mean the mother wasn't stupid, just that you may not be able to cite her for it.

JustMVG
04-16-2003, 02:22 PM
The story also said that they were form Baja, Mexicali, i am thinking that there are no laws for seat belts there and that , yes they had had enough happen to them an also they may have just been ignorant to the law, now thats no excuse, but it was up to the officer involved, crazy this world huh!!!
Mike VG