PDA

View Full Version : Illegals to get drivers licenses???

Mandelon
08-02-2003, 05:43 AM
Oh Gray Davis, is this an attempt to get the hispanic vote?? uh, DUH !!!!
What is wrong with California!? Licenses for illegals. Do they do that anywhere else in the whole world? What do they do to illegals in other countries?

GlastronGuy
08-02-2003, 05:47 AM
Mandelon:
Oh Gray Davis, is this an attempt to get the hispanic vote?? uh, DUH !!!!
What is wrong with California!? Licenses for illegals. Do they do that anywhere else in the whole world? What do they do to illegals in other countries? They deport them.

Mandelon
08-02-2003, 05:50 AM
THAT'S IT!!!

HOSS
08-02-2003, 06:01 AM
This is just a thought so,,,,,,,,,,,keep it in mind. What it seems to me is that CA needs a good `ol boy as gonernor. You know, someone like myself. Get ya`lls asses back on track. A little good `ol boy network. A little corruption. Relax on the DUI laws. Let kids be kids again. When it comes to gang bangers I say, "Hang `em high!". Be able to go to the mall without fear. Sit on the front porch in the evening talking with neighbors without the fear of a stray bullet connecting with your gord. Only loud music will be Rock `n` Roll or Country. Have a Halloween with kids going Trick or Treatin`. A big ass turkey on every table for Thanksgiving. Christmas carolling during the season. I`ll make it legal to have in your possession an ounce of weed. No distribution. Even though I don`t burn. Now we are gonna have to pay taxes. There will be a tax hike for energy. CLEAN energy. Water? Well I have some potnas to take care of "obstructions" up stream. We can do this. If I get enough signatures to bypass the citizen laws for running it can be done.
My slogan? Hells come to town and HOSS suggests you jump that train!
[ August 02, 2003, 07:14 AM: Message edited by: HOSS ]

CAHotRodBoy
08-02-2003, 06:14 AM
HOSS:
This is just a thought so,,,,,,,,,,,keep it in mind. What it seems to me is that CA needs a good `ol boy as gonernor. You know, someone like myself. Get ya`lls asses back on track. A little good `ol boy network. A little corruption. Relax on the DUI laws. Let kids be kids again. When it comes to gang bangers I say, "Hang `em high!". Be able to go to the mall without fear. Sit on the front porch in the evening talking with neighbors without the fear of a stray bullet connecting with your gord. Only loud music will be Rock `n` Roll or Country. Have a Halloween with kids going Trick or Treatin`. A big ass turkey on every table for Thanksgiving. Christmas carolling during the season. I`ll make it legal to have in your possession an ounce of weed. No distribution. Even though I don`t burn. Now we are gonna have to pay taxes. There will be a tax hike for energy. CLEAN energy. Water? Well I have some potnas to take care of "obstructions" up stream. We can do this. If I get enough signatures to bypass the citizen laws for running it can be done.
My slogan? Hells come to town and HOSS ain`t playin`! Yeah, HOSS FOR GOVN'R! I'm gonna write your name in on the ballet. Just be ready to kick some serious ass 'cause them liberal fags (sorry, Boozer :D ) sure have a tight grip on things around here. Sometimes I think I should have been born 20 - 30 years earlier 'cause we sure have gone to hell in a handbasket....or maybe it's just California!
Whiskey for my men, beer for my horses!

NashvilleBound
08-02-2003, 06:18 AM
We need to put the National Guard out on the border and shoot anyone that crosses....anyone. I would sign up today! The word would be out in 5 minutes and we would have a closed border. The little brown units have a great life here in the US. If only the "Real" citizens could enjoy such freebees!
No Taste, No Class, No Brains....its a pretty sad gene-pool.

oldphart
08-02-2003, 06:20 AM
I have to disagree with you on this one, The Ca hiway patrol is making a policy of stopping hispanics and the arresting them and impounding their car for no insurance and drivers lic. they don't deport them they just send them on their way to work their asses off to pay the fines and get another car. 2 years ago the feds notified me that there was a possibility that two of my employees were using a friends ssi number. These are great employees who went through the ca school system but come to find out are in fact illegal. I helped them out with my accountant and attorney to get them leagalized and after 2ears have found out that doing it through our wonderful immigration service is damn near impossible. The feds can dump a couple of million boat people in our neighborhoods with a stroke of a pen, but good hard working productive people cant legally enter,drive, pay taxes or anything. Rather than bitching about the immigrants, I think that we should welcome every boat bringing immigrants in if it back hauls a load of low class, white trash,trailer dwelling, tweaker thieving maggots who infest this country and are one hell of alot more of a problem than immigrants! I will now get off my soap box

HOSS
08-02-2003, 06:25 AM
Oldphart,,,,believe it or not,,,,I`m on this one with ya! All of them down here are extremely hard works and you could trust them with your wallet. Immigration takes time,,,period! Get them a work visa and keep renewing it.

NashvilleBound
08-02-2003, 06:32 AM
Oldphart...I'm all good with coming here legally and working hard. I have alot of hispanic friends and we have a great time. Just the illegals...really of any race. One more thing, If you come to our country and want to live here howabout learning english, say within the FIRST 20 YEARS??? eH???
[ August 02, 2003, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]

CAHotRodBoy
08-02-2003, 07:00 AM
Okay, I’m a little confused here. I thought the word ILLEGAL meant breaking the law. I don’t care how hard working you are, if you are illegal, you are illegal! Maybe next time I get pulled over for speeding I’ll try that excuse, “but Officer, I’m a really hard worker. You should just let me go. I know I was speeding and breaking the law but instead of giving me a ticket, you should give tickets to those low class, white trash, trailer dwelling, tweaker thieving maggots over there that aren't speeding”.
Look, we have a lot of problems here, including a preponderance of those “low class, white trash, trailer dwelling, tweaker thieving maggots” but condoning illegals is not the answer. Immigration laws are set up for a reason and we can’t just open up the boarders and let everyone and their brother into the country anymore so than you would want an unlimited number of people coming into your house and living there without your consent.
My mother immigrated to this country, legally, learned English, studied and got her citizenship. It was one of the proudest days of her life to become an American citizen. Now a days, not only do people want to come here illegally, but they want to take full advantage of every damn liberal entitlement program available.(And, of course, so do a lot of people that were born here!).
Where is the pride? Where is the honor? Where is the honesty and integrity? I was taught that you standup, pull your weight, be a man, honor your word, do the right thing (and you know what it is). And no, you can’t always get what you want. You have to earn the things you want, not just take them (that includes the privilege of living in this, the greatest country in the world)!!!!!
Okay, I’m off my soapbox now! :p
[ August 02, 2003, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: CAHotRodBoy ]

oldphart
08-02-2003, 09:50 AM
I agree that we should all do things Legally. Tell me have you ever exceeded 55 mph? Ever failed to buckle your seat belt? The immigration service has made it practically impossible to migrate from mexico to us legally. most get here illegally then work for years to become legal. Contrast that with the millions of boat people, and eastern block immigrants that our own federal government plopped into our nieghborhoods ignoring those same rules they set up for everyone else.
Its patently unfair to say that those of you born on one side of the river can have no future while unfilled jobs and futures exist on the other side.
What if that river were the colorado and they just refused entry to Califonians because they were getting Californicated!
The same arguements against migrants are being used now that were used to try to keep out your grand parents and their grand parents.
My first ancestor arrived here in 1621 but he came from europe with the hope of a better life. Do we have the moral right to restrict others just because we took over their country in the 1800's?
Understand that we, the honkeys were the illegals coming to cali looking for a future. We wound up taking the whole southwest from mexico.
Its hell when it rains and I can't go to the lake.

MagicMtnDan
08-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Look, it's simple, really!
When you start giving LICENSES to illegal residents then the term "license" no longer applies (since a license is something one has to QUALIFY FOR).
If you (anyone who agrees with this BS) and the soon-to-be-exgovernor want to do this then just forget license completely and LET EVERYONE DRIVE without documentation. Because those documents ain't worth $hit!

oldphart
08-02-2003, 11:20 AM
Sorry but a drivers lic means you took a test of driving proficiency and can legally drive. not that your a legal resident. both my illegals drive on Oregon licenses. If someone comes here from another country they can drive legally if they have a lic from their country. I drove in Europe for 3 years on a California one

CAHotRodBoy
08-02-2003, 12:43 PM
Illegal is illegal. Plain and simple. I know it, you know it. Rationalize all you want...it doesn't change the facts. eek!
[ August 02, 2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: CAHotRodBoy ]

future boater
08-02-2003, 10:08 PM
devil
[ August 02, 2003, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: future boater ]

HOSS
08-03-2003, 08:18 AM
Illegal IS illegal. I`ll give ya that. But if we are gonna walk the fine line then lets get it straight. We are all here illegally. See why ya don`t wanna walk the line. The ones that come here illegally (for the most part) are the hard workers. Not the trash. They are here to work. Period. So that within` itself says something. Give them a work visa I say. Welfare no way! The only way to solve America`s problems is to buy AMERICAN. The rest of the globe is not going to get on the same payscale so its up to us to take care of us. Thats it. Don`t like it? Too ****in` bad cause thats about as simple as it gets. Buy American or shut the **** up. Go to school to be on top of the system. The workforce is for suckers. Buy American or you will keep farming out our jobs. I`ve got cash so don`t listen to me if you don`t want to. But I am running for CA`s next governor! Awnold, come the **** on. Are you people that stupid twice?

Mandelon
08-03-2003, 08:22 AM
Most Californians are...... frown

73kona455
08-03-2003, 09:15 AM
argue jawdrop glad i'm not in/or from california...

MagicMtnDan
08-03-2003, 09:43 AM
oldphart:
Sorry but a drivers lic means you took a test of driving proficiency and can legally drive. not that your a legal resident. both my illegals drive on Oregon licenses. If someone comes here from another country they can drive legally if they have a lic from their country. I drove in Europe for 3 years on a California one Sorry Oldphart but this isn't about DRIVING!
As you know, a drivers license is about way more than that. It's about IDENTIFICATION!
We can't give illegals drivers licenses because it's the last bastion of readily identifiable differences between those of us who are here legally and those who are not.
The holy grail for an illegal in this country is a drivers license. And to give them that gives them a LOT MORE than the right to drive legally.
$hit, let's just throw the friggin' borders wide open and let everyone in here. And why not give them drivers licenses as they're passing through!

Jrocket
08-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Must haves!!
Citizenship
Try to learn English
Pay taxes
Insurance(Health and Auto)

oldphart
08-03-2003, 07:33 PM
I have found that after you mud wrestle a pig for a while you come to understand that the pig enjoys it!

Infomaniac
08-03-2003, 07:53 PM
Anyone ever heard of an "international drivers license"?
DUH !!!
Seems to me if an illegal showed up at a state government agency and proclaimed to be illegal, the agency would be obligated to call the imigration service.
At least an Okie would be smart enough to do that.

Boozer
08-03-2003, 08:16 PM
All this talk and for the most part it sounds like it is being pointed towards the illegal mexican community. Do you guys really have a problem with them? I mean seriously, they come here and they do jobs that you and I would not do for any amount of money and they go home. Yes they drive shitty cars and have shitty houses with like 15 people in a 2 bedroom house but I just don't live in those houses.
The biggest immigrant problem right now is the ****ers from Indias coming over here and working a job that pay $95,000 a year plus for $10 an hour and then seinding over half their income back to India. This benefits our economy how? Not only are hardworking americans out of work and not getting the money they deserve but they are putting money in the hands of consumers that are not even purchasin anything to make our economy flourish.

ROZ
08-03-2003, 09:57 PM
Joe Davis said he would NOT sign the bill six months ago because his office found that it would be too costly for California to issue Ca. State Drivers License to Immigrants. It's one less step to cross to gain assistance from government funded programs and healthcare.....
The only thing that has changed since then is an up and comming election.
He's playing Mr. Compassionate to the illegals in order to get more of the Latino vote.
Plain and simple.
From what I understand Bush is all for taking care of the current illegal Mexican population, but wants to continue to beef up security at the border to reduce the incommimg population.
The real downfall is that Mexico's main import is US earned dollars..... eek!

BK
08-04-2003, 05:21 AM
I Agree with most that riodog said and share the same frustrations (or did anyway), ive recentley move the hell out of that place (OC). I was born and raised in Orange County (Newport Beach) and am completely disgusted with what its become. Just drive through Costa Mesa, I cant even read the wrighting on the elementry school on 18th and I believe Monrovia? cause its in Spanish. I (we) pay taxes that pay for there (illegals) kids to go to a school our kids wouldnt even understand the language they're teaching in!!!! Come on, how about that both my grandparents built houses in Costa Mesa before I was born and along with many others just like them years later were forced out by the onslaught of illegals taking over there neiborhoods sucking up the equity of there homes and safety of the streets I grew up playing in? How about the construction industry in SoCal? My grandfather and both my uncles WERE general contracters, Do you think they're happy about the illegals doing poor quallity peice work for bottom dollor? Do I have a problem with illegals? HELL YEAH! Are they hard workers? For the most part they are. Ive worked with alot of them and they're mostly good people trying to provide for there family's but in alot of cases, IMO they're doing it at our expense. I mean hey why would you want to hire me when you can go down to the corner and pick up a laborer for $7 or $8 an hour, pay um cash, no benny's ect..... :mad:

totenhosen
08-04-2003, 07:29 AM
HOSS:
Illegal IS illegal. I`ll give ya that. But if we are gonna walk the fine line then lets get it straight. We are all here illegally. See why ya don`t wanna walk the line. The ones that come here illegally (for the most part) are the hard workers. Not the trash. They are here to work. Period. So that within` itself says something. Give them a work visa I say. Welfare no way! The only way to solve America`s problems is to buy AMERICAN. The rest of the globe is not going to get on the same payscale so its up to us to take care of us. Thats it. Don`t like it? Too ****in` bad cause thats about as simple as it gets. Buy American or shut the **** up. Go to school to be on top of the system. The workforce is for suckers. Buy American or you will keep farming out our jobs. I`ve got cash so don`t listen to me if you don`t want to. But I am running for CA`s next governor! Awnold, come the **** on. Are you people that stupid twice? Problem is we live in a world economy now. There are very few true 100% American products nowadays. Most products have some colloboration with Japanese companies or European. Just look at the Big Three "American" car companies hw many of their products are 100% made and assembled in America.

eliminatedsprinter
08-04-2003, 08:45 AM
Out here a DL is the ID that is used to register to vote. Do we want illegals voting? Ca's dems do.
I have even seen a few of our dems openly advocating allowing illegals to vote. Although most will not say it publicly.
P.S. When I drive in Mexico my Ca licence is valid there and I have to get mexican insurance. Why can't those who come here do the same? :confused:
[ August 04, 2003, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: eliminatedsprinter ]

Moneypitt
08-04-2003, 09:23 AM
I have an idea of how to control our southern border and save mass money at the same time. If we took all the able bodied Federal, non violent convicts, and placed them in barracks along the border, at, say 1/2 mile intervals, housed 6 to 8 inmates in each one(3-8 hr. shifts) and told them that for every illegal they catch trying to cross the border, everyone in the hut would get a day knocked off his/her sentence. I guarantee not a single invader would get thru, and the shortened sentences would say the taxpayers money.
Hey, maybe Hoss would take the first turn at being a traveling warden for the cons, you know, just to establish some guidelines for use of force to capture the wets....Moneypitt

Boozer
08-04-2003, 09:26 AM
I think it's ironic that felons can't vote but they want illegal aliens to have the right to vote. WTF???

NashvilleBound
08-04-2003, 10:23 AM
Boozer:
I think it's ironic that felons can't vote but they want illegal aliens to have the right to vote. WTF??? I'm on that same page. I still can't figure that one out. This whole thing has gotten carried way out of perspective. Something is either right or wrong....period.
There is way too much worry about hurting someones feelings or not getting one class of votes. The system is effed up. Past the point of ever recovering I'm sure.

Ziggy
08-04-2003, 01:35 PM
Boozer:
All this talk and for the most part it sounds like it is being pointed towards the illegal mexican community. Do you guys really have a problem with them? I mean seriously, they come here and they do jobs that you and I would not do for any amount of money and they go home. Yes they drive shitty cars Problem is that most don't go back home. We appreciate their doing jobs that us americans are "to good" to do.(as if cleaning someones crap in the Mc'Ds bathroom is better) They squat on public and sometimes private lands that end up being little shanty towns, deficate and urinate in public areas, get drunk in public, get free medical services that you and I pay through the ass for, and on and on and on. Damn, our state has even provides(at tax payers cost) DMV forms in spanish cuz most can't even communicate with us americans in english. Where do we live??
If they have cars then 95% of them are our junks that they salvaged. Do you want them driving behind your car half sauced in a resurected junk car with no insurance?? Hell no! They should go through the same process that all the other "legal aliens" had to in order to reap the benefits of the "promise lands". Learn the language, pay your dues and pass your exams in english and aquire all the required liceses, insurance, and so on.
Its out of hand.

HOSS
08-04-2003, 03:14 PM
Warden HOSS,,,,,,,,,,,,,has a decent ring. I might be able to groove with it. Governor HOSS,,,,,,,,,,just has a certain catch me if you can charm. I like the latter of the 2. :p

TRIMDOG
08-04-2003, 05:19 PM
Hoss, I think 65 signatures is all it takes to get on the ballot. I'll give you one. You might like it out west.

MagicMtnDan
08-04-2003, 05:27 PM
Here's something very scary:
After petroleum, the #2 source of revenue coming into Mexico is US Dollars being sent by people here in the US with families there!
Wanna let some more illegals in? burningm

HOSS
08-04-2003, 06:16 PM
Set it up. 65 sigs. You boys in CAli do some strange shit. No wonder Reagan was Prez. Hell, I`d like to be CROWNED. And it ain`t king nothin`. Out west would be cool but ya`ll boys don`t play buy any rules. Kinda like a grab bag. And that shit ain`t flyin` with me.

Dave C
08-04-2003, 06:17 PM
Grey-out Davis is pandering again!
The main problem I have with illegals is that they don't pay into our wonderful welfare system. Therefore we permanent residents are paying for it.
Its a huge underground economy. Most illegals have wads of cash that they carry on them and get paid "under the table" and don't pay taxes.
Its a huge problem in Cali. When I drive to work some corners have 20-30 men waiting for "day work." They don't pay taxes.
I say let them stay, register them as "visitors" (hb-1) and make them pay taxes, get insurance, etc. etc. or get the f*ck out...

burbanite
08-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Ziggy:
[QUOTE]Learn the language, pay your dues and pass your exams in english and aquire all the required liceses, insurance, and so on.
I've lived and worked in five different countries and that's pretty much what should be expected of anyone. It's a shame that many don't see it that way...

oldphart
08-04-2003, 07:23 PM
I was going to stay out of this shit but what the hell its a slow nite, My biggest problem with the immigration system is that it is not administered equally. How many border patrol we got along the canadian border? How about listening posts, dogs and all that shit. Those bastards speak french for christs sake! They screw with their faces! If yer a Cuban all you got to do is put a toe in Florida and yer legal. Gone to a 7-11 or motel lately? Obviously our bagledesh border patrol aint doing their job.
Bush and Fox were real close to helping the immigration mess between us and Mexico when 9-11 blew the whole thing to hell. Doesnt matter that none of the ragheads were mexicans!

EricU
08-05-2003, 12:28 PM
Hell just get rid of all em "illegals"!
Hell! I don't mind paying $18.00 for a head of lettuce!
And you people won't bitch when your local contractor has to charge you about seven times more than he would have, using "illegals" to do the labor work that you can't get young white guys to do for any amount of money.
And of course those "illegals" wouldn't have to be "illegal" if the INS wasn't so ****ed up.
Let's just get them ropes out, have a nice Sunday afternoon lynchen, and give me one of them $6.00 apples!

eliminatedsprinter
08-05-2003, 04:49 PM
In terms of natural resources, Mexico is one of the richest nations on earth. They have no excuse for their failed culture allowing them to remain a sh*# a$$ third world kleptocracy. We need to expend all the pressure we are able to make Fox and his gov clean up their act at all levels. We will never be able to find a solution to this flood as long as Mexico remains a place where nobody would not want to move away from.