PDA

View Full Version : getting our new ride....

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-11-2003, 08:22 PM
we are getting our new bike on saturday what do you think? http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/719bikes_023-med.jpg

Mrs Sandbar Junkie
09-11-2003, 08:27 PM
I think it's cool!!! Can't wait to see it in person!!! :D

Kilrtoy
09-11-2003, 08:28 PM
Hey is our bike cool enough to ride with you....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSCF00821-med.JPG

HammerDown
09-11-2003, 08:43 PM
You asked, I'm telling, I'm not digging the extra stretch on thoses frames,to much of a void on top of the motor, or the extra long skinny gas tanks at almost a 45 degree angle...Guess I like'em long low and FAT...kinda like Ron Simms Bikes.
Good luck with it...and ride safe :cool:
[ September 11, 2003, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

BIGTYME
09-11-2003, 08:53 PM
is that a big dog chopper?

MagicMtnDan
09-11-2003, 08:58 PM
HammerDown:
You asked, I'm telling, I'm not digging the extra stretch on thoses frames,to much of a void on top of the motor, or the extra long skinny gas tanks at almost a 45 degree angle...Guess I like'em long low and FAT...kinda like Ron Simms Bikes.
Good luck with it...and ride safe :cool: I'm with you (HD), it's not my cup of tea but I wish you happiness and, most importantly, safe miles on it.
Are these things supposed to be capable of hauling the beotch on the back or is it just a guy's bike? Maybe she is supposed to sit on a 6" smooth shaft mounted atop the rear fender? eek!

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-11-2003, 09:00 PM
it is an american iron horse and we got it thanks to kilrtoy's advice. Mrs sandbar junkie you will see it on saturday. We are picking it up then and coming over. :D

Kilrtoy
09-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Ron Simms builds a very nice bike, he also builds a chopper same rake and stretch. His tank is very fat and short. His chopper is also 60K Choppers arent for everyone, but VERY few people have one, thats why we bought it, to be different.
Iron horse does have low streched bikes also with the fat tanks. I wasnt fond of the tank at first either, but I have grown to love it. They are the only company that does it that way.

cola
09-11-2003, 09:22 PM
Very nice, I like the orange & flames. OCC look
Later, Mike

Kilrtoy
09-11-2003, 09:22 PM
The red one is a big dog and yes the little lady sits on the back
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSCF0010-med.JPG

Boozer
09-12-2003, 05:18 AM
What's the deal with everyone getting a rigid nowadays? You think your back doesn't have enough problems already so you gotta beat it up with a rigid frame barreling down the road at 85 MPH?

Tee
09-12-2003, 05:38 AM
Boozer,
Look again, all those bikes pictured are soft tails. Easy on the back :D
Sweet bikes guys :cool: Hope to have one of my own in the next couple years.

Boozer
09-12-2003, 05:40 AM
The Iron Horse's look to be but that Big Dog doesnt look like a soft tail. From first look those American Iron's look like Rigid's though.

Kilrtoy
09-12-2003, 05:58 AM
Trust me these arent touring bikes. They are soft tails. But never the less you dont go to far on them.

HammerDown
09-12-2003, 06:08 AM
Kilrtoy:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSCF0010-med.JPG The Red one looks to be a little lower on the frame stretch, nicer profile...I kinda like that one. wink Just my opinion.

eaglemtnlaketx
09-12-2003, 06:10 AM
Very nice!!!! You should be very proud. I live in Fort Worth Texas just a couple of miles from the Iron Horse Factory. One day I ended up by accident having lunch with one of the owners of Iron Horse at a local Mexican restaurant as they were dicussing a promotional bike. I was very impressed with the guy. This is a local entreprenuer who is an example of the American Dream. BTW, I'm a chopper "wannabe" who currently rides an '84 Honda Interceptor when I can't get on the water. I always invite my wife for a ride too as it is an extended free hug for me as she has to hang on to someone...the things I have do.

FRENCHIE
09-12-2003, 06:25 AM
Great to ride in the offseason from the river! What size motor are in those bad boys and do they go with s and s or rev tech or ?

XTRM22
09-12-2003, 06:25 AM
Very Cool! Congrats Mrs FlyNVee, That is one very sharp lookin bike. Nothin quite like enjoying the fruits of hard labor is there?
Chuck

hd&boatrider
09-12-2003, 06:30 AM
Kilrtoy:
Trust me these arent touring bikes. They are soft tails. But never the less you dont go to far on them. That is the truth....Can't go very far on them. I am riding my Heiritage Softail today to Yosemite for the weekend and yes, Santa Jeanne will be along for the ride..... :)
Have fun and ride safe...congrats

HammerDown
09-12-2003, 06:30 AM
FRENCHIE:
Great to ride in the offseason from the river! What size motor are in those bad boys and do they go with s and s or rev tech or ? I would hope, and they appear to be S+S Engines.
Rev-Crap, anything but those....Ewwwwww!

Dribble
09-12-2003, 06:32 AM
Between that beautiful boat and that bitchen bike you guys have it dialed. Enjoy and be careful.

Jet City
09-12-2003, 06:43 AM
I'm not too fond of the styling on these new choppers either, crazy looking frame geometry and too much billet aluminum for me, but those both look like very high quality bikes. Ever since Arlen Roth hit the HD seen in the 80's with his billet crap and bolt-on junk, custom choppers have gone from being enthusiast built 1 offs built in the garages across the nation to low production toys built in shops for business men. I still have a 91 cube Shovelhead hard-tail I built in the 80's, doesn't anybody build there own shit anymore?

JetBoatRich
09-12-2003, 07:05 AM
Dribble:
Between that beautiful boat and that bitchen bike you guys have it dialed. Enjoy and be careful. From the pictures we have seen, they have one other beautiful item at home :D

Boozer
09-12-2003, 07:59 AM
Jet City Rebel:
I'm not too fond of the styling on these new choppers either, crazy looking frame geometry and too much billet aluminum for me, but those both look like very high quality bikes. Ever since Arlen Roth hit the HD seen in the 80's with his billet crap and bolt-on junk, custom choppers have gone from being enthusiast built 1 offs built in the garages across the nation to low production toys built in shops for business men. I still have a 91 cube Shovelhead hard-tail I built in the 80's, doesn't anybody build there own shit anymore? Not everyone has the time or skills to build bikes. If everyone could build a bike like Jesse James then Jesse James wouldnt be in business.

BIGTYME
09-12-2003, 08:06 AM
hey kiltroy, beautiful bikes. Cant win everybody's opinion. Im hoping to get the big dog chopper some time in the near future

eaglemtnlaketx
09-12-2003, 08:16 AM
I agree with Indian Larry in the Biker Build Off
Show when he said that "he just liked the mechanicalness of it all."

jackpunx
09-12-2003, 08:23 AM
We'll be riding all day sunday if any of you want to join
All my buddies went to bike week in Vegas.. Im saving up for Heatwave...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/943My_bike-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/943my_bike_back_shot-med.jpg
[ September 12, 2003, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: jackpunx ]

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-12-2003, 08:29 AM
Jet City Rebel:
I'm not too fond of the styling on these new choppers either, crazy looking frame geometry and too much billet aluminum for me, but those both look like very high quality bikes. Ever since Arlen Roth hit the HD seen in the 80's with his billet crap and bolt-on junk, custom choppers have gone from being enthusiast built 1 offs built in the garages across the nation to low production toys built in shops for business men. I still have a 91 cube Shovelhead hard-tail I built in the 80's, doesn't anybody build there own shit anymore? If you build your own bike or have someone build it the insurance on the bike almost dbls. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and i like it. Once mr vee gets use to it then i will be getting a legend for myself. And thanks to everyone for the comments good and not so happy ones.we appreciate everyone's input whether you like it or not. We didn't want a Harley because everyone has one and they all pretty much look the same this bike is already done nothing has to be added or anything. So thanks again to everyone.

mbrown2
09-12-2003, 08:33 AM
Beautiful Bike...Good luck with it...
If it were me, I am into the Old Skool when it comes to the Bikes...It would be a 49 Panhead, with Suicide Shift, box stock....the only chrome would be the fixture around the light that came stock, white walls, and you have the tighten the bolts and check the fluids before and after each ride.. :)

Kilrtoy
09-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Well they are S & S motors both have 107ci, more than enough HP. Why build? I can afford to someone do it for me and save the headache , time and have a warranty.
JACKPUNX
arent you always in CHATSWORTH, if not there is a bike just like that.....

Jet City
09-12-2003, 03:57 PM
MRS FLYIN VEE:
Jet City Rebel:
I'm not too fond of the styling on these new choppers either, crazy looking frame geometry and too much billet aluminum for me, but those both look like very high quality bikes. Ever since Arlen Roth hit the HD seen in the 80's with his billet crap and bolt-on junk, custom choppers have gone from being enthusiast built 1 offs built in the garages across the nation to low production toys built in shops for business men. I still have a 91 cube Shovelhead hard-tail I built in the 80's, doesn't anybody build there own shit anymore? If you build your own bike or have someone build it the insurance on the bike almost dbls. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and i like it. Once mr vee gets use to it then i will be getting a legend for myself. And thanks to everyone for the comments good and not so happy ones.we appreciate everyone's input whether you like it or not. We didn't want a Harley because everyone has one and they all pretty much look the same this bike is already done nothing has to be added or anything. So thanks again to everyone. I hope you didn't get the idea I was poo-poo-ing your scoot. Truth is, your scoot would beat mine at any show, at any location, on any date. My main beef (and maybe I'm just outa' touch) is that building an HD scoot used to be about the BUILDERS (owners) talants, not just what you could afford spend. I lost interest in Easyrider magazine when they became PC to suit the new breed of HD rider. Does anybody remember the type of bikes and articles Easyrider published in the 70's or have I become a relic?

imirsh1
09-12-2003, 04:15 PM
Jackpunx-That springer is sweet! What year is it?Check out mine.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/2017Money_shot-thumb.JPG

HammerDown
09-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Well I built 2 of my HD's, even did the paint...it was a lot of Aggrvation as well as a ton of self pride when the job was done.
When I build my next one, I'll sell the rolling frame and move my Engine and Trans into the next project. Long Low and FAT! :cool:

TheLurker
09-12-2003, 04:59 PM
Kilrtoy:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSCF0010-med.JPG Very sweet bikes.
Mind if I ask the general price range of beauties and I dont mean the Mrs. Just to know how much more I would have had to cough up form the price of my Fat Boy.

CA Stu
09-12-2003, 05:40 PM
They're neat, but they're not a thing of beauty like this work of art...
http://home.austin.rr.com/ironjungle/images/KLRHistory/99klr.jpg
CA Stu
PS I hope you're not TOO jealous wink

jlnorthrup122
09-12-2003, 07:13 PM
hey one question! were the hell are you gona sit? (I know you will have an interesting answer to this question! :D )

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-12-2003, 08:41 PM
I will sit on the gas tank backwards if mr vee can see over me. LOL!! they come with suction cup pads for the ladies to sit on the fender. The fenders are made of steel. And we will need it if i'm sitting on it. LMAO!! It hold up to about 225 lbs. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-12-2003, 08:47 PM
Jet City Rebel:
MRS FLYIN VEE:
Jet City Rebel:
I'm not too fond of the styling on these new choppers either, crazy looking frame geometry and too much billet aluminum for me, but those both look like very high quality bikes. Ever since Arlen Roth hit the HD seen in the 80's with his billet crap and bolt-on junk, custom choppers have gone from being enthusiast built 1 offs built in the garages across the nation to low production toys built in shops for business men. I still have a 91 cube Shovelhead hard-tail I built in the 80's, doesn't anybody build there own shit anymore? If you build your own bike or have someone build it the insurance on the bike almost dbls. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and i like it. Once mr vee gets use to it then i will be getting a legend for myself. And thanks to everyone for the comments good and not so happy ones.we appreciate everyone's input whether you like it or not. We didn't want a Harley because everyone has one and they all pretty much look the same this bike is already done nothing has to be added or anything. So thanks again to everyone. I hope you didn't get the idea I was poo-poo-ing your scoot. Truth is, your scoot would beat mine at any show, at any location, on any date. My main beef (and maybe I'm just outa' touch) is that building an HD scoot used to be about the BUILDERS (owners) talants, not just what you could afford spend. I lost interest in Easyrider magazine when they became PC to suit the new breed of HD rider. Does anybody remember the type of bikes and articles Easyrider published in the 70's or have I become a relic? I did not get that at all. I like people to verse their opinion on anything i post. I like to here the good and the bad. That is why we live in america. Tell people what you think that is the best thing to do in life it is not healthy to hold anything in. If people don't like what you have to say them F**K them. :D

beyondhelpin
09-12-2003, 08:54 PM
Nice ride! To much stretch in the down tube form me but beautiful bike none the less. Congrates!

beyondhelpin
09-12-2003, 08:57 PM
HammerDown:
FRENCHIE:
Great to ride in the offseason from the river! What size motor are in those bad boys and do they go with s and s or rev tech or ? I would hope, and they appear to be S+S Engines.
Rev-Crap, anything but those....Ewwwwww! Whats the problem with Rev Tech? I have heard a lot of good about them. I am thinking about using a 100 ci in the bike I am going to build this winter>

Kilrtoy
09-12-2003, 09:46 PM
The bikes start at 26 and go from there......
Basically the only thing that is going to raise the price is choice of paint, regular,pearl, or viberant.

TheLurker
09-12-2003, 10:04 PM
Kilrtoy:
The bikes start at 26 and go from there......
Basically the only thing that is going to raise the price is choice of paint, regular,pearl, or viberant. Thank You KilrToy

Kilrtoy
09-12-2003, 10:28 PM
Lurker,
There is a place in OC in Anaheim Called Lifestyles,
I will be there there tommorrow in the late afternoon with some others from the boards. They have a lot of SHIT there check it out....

Mahaskier
09-12-2003, 10:42 PM
I think their pretty hot bikes. Where can I go to see them in person (the dealership location).

TheLurker
09-12-2003, 11:08 PM
Kilrtoy:
Lurker,
There is a place in OC in Anaheim Called Lifestyles,
I will be there there tommorrow in the late afternoon with some others from the boards. They have a lot of SHIT there check it out.... I'll look it up and do that but I cant this weekend. Going to the kids soccer games on Saturday then off to work the night shift.

HammerDown
09-13-2003, 03:37 AM
beyondhelpin [/qb]Whats the problem with Rev Tech? I have heard a lot of good about them. I am thinking about using a 100 ci in the bike I am going to build this winter> [/QB][/QUOTE]
First off, the Revtech design was devised by one guy, Matt(edited). He worked for CCI for 20 yrs and started the motor design section in 1995. His baby was taken away from him and given to the Koreans at Global Motorsports, he quit after that. The ONLY original specs kept by the Korean engineers was the bore and stroke, the rest was changed per cost. Global sent 3 motors over here in 1999 to be tested by some experts. One wouldn't fit in a stock frame(bad rear mount), one siezed pistons immediately, one was just disassembled and inspected. ***The inspection came up with 19 casting flaws, 22 hardness problems and a few other little things***. Within 5 months CCI was giving them away to builders and selling them to the unsuspecting. Global used the public to do their delta testing, not unheard of but detestable to some. Being mostly unrebuildable, this motor has to depend on marketing and ignorance to be sold.
Next, the Indian motor. In 1999, IMC hired Matt and one other from CCI to start their motor project. Matt was fired in 2001 due to emotional problems caused by a divorce.
The hardness problem of the shafts, mounts, some porosity problems, and piston problems have been addressed, I think. All thats left is the proprietary, Korean problems...LOL.
The S&S components are readily available and have a track record. The RevTech has a better warranty sure, but I'd rather have a motor that is gonna' last my entire lifetime (literally, with rebuilds of course) than a "disposable" motor, no matter how many times the RevTech folks replace it for free under warranty.
There is NO QUESTION that RevTech has had a huge amount of production problems, and even though they have backed them up 100%, it's still an inferior product. The only way I'd take a RevTech was if somebody gave me one for free, and even then I'd be wondering where my rebuild parts are gonna' come from, ***since more than a few of the important parts are proprietary.***
If price is the greater motivator, look at the Ultima motors by Mid West cycle. They are knockoffs of everybody elses stuff but of OK quality and low price.
[ September 13, 2003, 04:54 AM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

Kilrtoy
09-13-2003, 10:47 PM
I have assembled a team,
R WE RIDING TOMMORROW
call me what time place and even channel....

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-14-2003, 06:12 PM
FINALLY got it. Here we are with Kilrtoys and Robin all together . http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/719bikes_080-med.jpg

HammerDown
09-14-2003, 06:14 PM
MRS FLYIN VEE:
FINALLY got it. Here we are with Kilrtoys and Robin all together . http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/719bikes_080-med.jpg Now thats a great picture...some nice Iron in that driveway...kinda I wish I could be there with mine...ride safe! wink

TheLurker
09-14-2003, 06:55 PM
I was thinking that was the bike in the pics in the Mrs909er is back thread.
Beautiful ride congrats to Mr and Mrs V on the new ride.

Mrs Sandbar Junkie
09-14-2003, 07:27 PM
That is the same bike. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-14-2003, 07:32 PM
On the 909er thread their are some decorations on it and they look good.LOL!! :D wink

TheLurker
09-14-2003, 07:32 PM
I could tell the truck it was on is in the background of the last pic.
It you guys ever plan a ride to Cooks Corner or Ortega Hiwy let me know.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-14-2003, 07:34 PM
TheLurker:
I could tell the truck it was on is in the background of the last pic.
It you guys ever plan a ride to Cooks Corner or Ortega Hiwy let me know. We have to get use to it. It is a little different then what mr. vee is use to riding. But we will put an invite to anyone that would like to join. wink

TheLurker
09-14-2003, 07:36 PM
MRS FLYIN VEE:
On the 909er thread their are some decorations on it and they look good.LOL!! :D wink YES THEY DO! How many of those are "bolt ons" though?

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-14-2003, 07:38 PM
TheLurker:
MRS FLYIN VEE:
On the 909er thread their are some decorations on it and they look good.LOL!! :D wink YES THEY DO! How many of those are "bolt ons" though? I'm not sure. I know mine aren't YET. They are all good anyway they feel the same. LOL!! :D :p

TheLurker
09-14-2003, 07:52 PM
MRS FLYIN VEE:
TheLurker:
MRS FLYIN VEE:
On the 909er thread their are some decorations on it and they look good.LOL!! :D wink YES THEY DO! How many of those are "bolt ons" though? I'm not sure. I know mine aren't YET. They are all good anyway they feel the same. LOL!! :D :p That they do. I’ve never met any I didn’t like Though I have to say when the Mrs. starts talking about going to the accessory store I discourage her because I like to keep things in their natural state :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
09-15-2003, 08:30 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/719bikes_078-med.jpg

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-15-2003, 08:34 PM
I love this picture Kilrtoy. all together now vroooooooooommmmm. The neighbors loved the noise. Thanks they are such asses. :p

Kilrtoy
09-15-2003, 08:42 PM
I dont know if you saw it, but after my little pass down your block Culver Citys Finest was sitting at the corner watching me. They followed me for about a mile then spun off... eek!

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-15-2003, 08:47 PM
I didn't see that. sorry about that. They like to look at all the fine stuff going through the city because they don't have anything to do. By the way the MR. went and put some levis on and went for a little tool, so he said he was gone almost 2 hours. He's almost ready for that run with all of us. :D