PDA

View Full Version : Boat Engine = Pain

MJ19
03-16-2003, 03:11 PM
Well Miller put the engine in the boat today and the good wifey that I am...I went into the garage and praised him on all his hard work...what a great job honey...yada yada yada...shortly after that he was rolling the engine hoist from the garage to the shop. I decided to run outside and hitch a ride on the hoist. As he was rolling this thing down our driveway, I did something REALLY lame :rolleyes: (and I'm sharing my stupity so other wifeys will learn from my mistake) While I was surfing on the rolling engine hoist down the driveway, I decided to skateboard it a little...oops...The hoist caught my shoe...I bent down to get my shoe and noitced the hoist had ripped off a HUGE chunk of my heel eek! :( off to the emergency room I went...two hours later I'm home with a stitched up heel and a big owie on my foot. :( Looks like I'll be wearing sandles for a while.
...my point is even when you're proud of your man and want to share in his joy...do not play with the manly tools...they are part of the man zone. :D You could get hurt!
[ March 16, 2003, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

NashvilleBound
03-16-2003, 03:13 PM
lol....I'm sorry your hurt but the manly tool story is great! Listen up ladies....

Jungle Boy
03-16-2003, 03:25 PM
We have a saying here on the oil rigs "Don't put your fingers anywhere you wouldn't put your dick". I know that you don't have a dick, but you get the idea I'm sure. :D

Windy
03-16-2003, 03:26 PM
Thats a good one Linds...Thanks for the laugh...Glad your ok.

MJ19
03-16-2003, 03:54 PM
MissHBjet:
Thats a good one Linds Yeah! Let's hope I'm finished :D
The best part was that I didn't really feel it, because it was deep enough that it was numb for a while....later came lovely surges of pain, but at first it was numb. :)

01RENEGADE
03-16-2003, 04:09 PM
OOOOOOUUUUUCCCCHHH NO FREE RIDES. HOPE IT HEELS SOON

Seadog
03-16-2003, 04:36 PM
Do we need an OSHA visit to your home? Get better and be safe.

Windy
03-16-2003, 04:44 PM
Hey Linds..if it makes you feel any better I got a couple "beauty marks" from the headers on the boat. A nice one on the arm {thanks to OP6}, and a nice one a the leg. You dont feel thoughs right away either eek!
[ March 16, 2003, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: MissHBjet ]

Windy
03-16-2003, 04:44 PM
:D
[ March 16, 2003, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: MissHBjet ]

HCS
03-16-2003, 04:49 PM
OUCH!!!. Good thing it's not the middle of summer. :rolleyes: I hate when that happens. eek! You weren't drinking beer where ya?. wink

miller19j
03-16-2003, 04:50 PM
MissHBjet:
Hey Linds..if it makes you feel any better I got a couple "beauty marks" from the headers on the boat. A nice one on the arm {thanks to OP6}, and a nice one a the leg. You dont feel thoughs right away either eek! Windy,
That is why we have an engine cover. I love the look and sound of headers but hate getting burned. cry

DogHouse
03-16-2003, 04:58 PM
Hey there Wifey, if it makes you feel any better, my engine hoist has bested me a couple of times too. Those things have lots of sharp edges, are heavy, and usually don't go where you want them to! I hope your owies heal quickly. By the way, that's pretty cool that you take such a positive interest. Some wives don't have such a positive outlook on their hubbies spending time in the shop!
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/ernaehrung/food-smiley-004.gif to ya!
-brian

MJ19
03-16-2003, 05:08 PM
DogHouse:
Hey there Wifey, if it makes you feel any better, my engine hoist has bested me a couple of times too. Those things have lots of sharp edges, are heavy, and usually don't go where you want them to! I hope your owies heal quickly. By the way, that's pretty cool that you take such a positive interest. Some wives don't have such a positive outlook on their hubbies spending time in the shop!
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/ernaehrung/food-smiley-004.gif to ya!
-brian Yes I agree 100% about the sharp edges, being heavy and not going in the direction intended! I don't like those things any more. :mad: wink
As for being interested in Miller's shop stuff...he's good about listening to my girly stuff...we have a deal that way wink :D
[ March 16, 2003, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

Kim Hanson
03-16-2003, 05:27 PM
Sorry to hear you got a boo-boo,you are like me in some ways. HouseBoat vacation and they have a slide off the back,drank about 20 Labatt's Lite and thought" I can surf that thing down", they had just soaped it and it was slippery and at the first bend in the slide, that was when my feet flew out and I hit the corner of it breaking my tailbone and the pain the next morning was lets get drunk again and find something more stupid to do.....( . )( . ).... :p
[ March 16, 2003, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Kim Hanson ]

MJ19
03-16-2003, 05:32 PM
Kim Hanson:
I hit the corner of it breaking my tailbone Once my friend broke her tail bone and the only way the doctor could 'fix' it and set it straight, was to put his finger up her bum and pull (or push?) it back into place...did the doctor do that to you too? eek! :confused:
OUCH!!! :o

Jungle Boy
03-16-2003, 05:36 PM
MJ19:
Kim Hanson:
I hit the corner of it breaking my tailbone Once my friend broke her tail bone and the only way the doctor could 'fix' it and set it straight, was to put his finger up her bum and pull (or push?) it back into place...did the doctor do that to you too? eek! :confused:
OUCH!!! :o Like he's gonna admit that!!!!! :D

MJ19
03-16-2003, 05:41 PM
Jungle Boy:
Like he's gonna admit that!!!!! :D I guess you're right :rolleyes: I'd accept a PM :D

Just Tool'n
03-16-2003, 05:48 PM
Sorry to hear the painful news! Next time remeber to use all of your safety gear, starting with your senses 1st!

MJ19
03-16-2003, 05:50 PM
Just Tool'n:
Sorry to hear the painful news! Next time remeber to use all of your safety gear, starting with your senses 1st! I was sooo over joyed with excitement for Miller's accomplishments I lost control. I was a proud wifey, with that all sense went out the window. wink :D

Kim Hanson
03-16-2003, 06:10 PM
For Smileys inquiring mind, no he didn't have to stick his finger up my bum and thank God! My left cheek is a little higher I noticed, but what the hell, they don't notice that when you got a Big-Johnson.....( . )( . )....lmao :p

Mandelon
03-16-2003, 06:14 PM
Gooooo Vicodin!!! :D :D

mister460
03-16-2003, 07:17 PM
Aww, don't feel bad. I do stuff like that all the time. Even had a cop say to me (Yes, I was drunk) "Sir, could you please get off of the Big Wheels?!" Something about "unsafe operation" or something. Go figure! Hope you get better soon and don't let that picker get the best of you. Get back on and try it again!

Infomaniac
03-16-2003, 08:12 PM
I'm impressed.
It was not going fast enough for you.

JetBoatRich
03-16-2003, 08:15 PM
That sounds pretty painful cry , probably won't be "SkateBoarding" anytime soon.
Take care of that foot eek!

MJ19
03-16-2003, 09:31 PM
Infomaniac:
I'm impressed.
It was not going fast enough for you. Exactly...when I was 'surfing' it wasn't going fast enough for me...you are the only one that realized that I was forced to 'skateboard' it to try and pick up some speed. :D

MJ19
03-16-2003, 11:19 PM
Kim Hanson:
For Smileys inquiring mind, no he didn't have to stick his finger up my bum and thank God! My left cheek is a little higher I noticed, but what the hell, they don't notice that when you got a Big-Johnson.....( . )( . )....lmao :p Did you notice on your post your ...(.)(.)...boobies are lopsided as well. wink

Jbb
03-17-2003, 11:00 AM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune MJ....But you know ...none of the great engine hoist surfers of our time got to be great without a bump or two along the way!........... :D

Boater Bill
03-17-2003, 11:33 AM
Another story about our significant others and engine hoists. Last year Crew Chef was helping me put the new motor in. I asked her to get me a wrench and she stood up and made a move towards the tool chest and bam...hit her head on the boom. She almost dropped to the floor, her eyes started blinkin' and the tears started flowing but she didn't hit the mat. Gathered herself together, got me the tools, we set the motor in the hull and she called it a day. What a trooper!
Get well soon MJ19! It will all be worth it when you are out on the water.

Blown 472
03-17-2003, 11:41 AM
You didn't get any blood in the motor did you??
Sorry to hear about your dealio, hope you are feeling better.

Ziggy
03-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Don't feel silly about it...Can and has happened to most of us at one point. Some guys may not want to fess up to it but.........some time or other we all done a dumb deed of sorts.
I would have been proud to have my wife surf the hoist, but I gotta settle watching her in the surf instead. :cool:

126driver
03-17-2003, 12:11 PM
MJ19:
...do not play with the manly tools...they are part of the man zone. :D You could get hurt! Sorry you got hurt, but c'mon! No one is going to touch this quote?! eek! jawdrop
(That's not childish, is it? :D wink )

MJ19
03-17-2003, 04:57 PM
126driver:
MJ19:
...do not play with the manly tools...they are part of the man zone. You could get hurt! Sorry you got hurt, but c'mon! No one is going to touch this quote?! eek!
(That's not childish, is it? :D wink ) I knew someone on this board would climb out of the gutter to exploit that one :p :D
Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has been bitten by the engine hoist. It seems they are a major hazard. :( :D

Sleek-Jet
03-17-2003, 10:11 PM
I was over at Doug's and everyone was talking about wifey getting hurt... and I was thinking WTF?
Anyway, now this explains it, sounds like a major OUCH!!! Have a cold one :D :D , heal fast (pun intended). :) :)
Sleek

MJ19
03-17-2003, 10:48 PM
Sleek-Jet:
I was over at Doug's and everyone was talking about wifey getting hurt... and I was thinking WTF?
Anyway, now this explains it, sounds like a major OUCH!!! Have a cold one :D :D , heal fast (pun intended). :) :)
Sleek What were they saying? What thread? I'll have to go check it out. :cool:

RiverKitty
03-17-2003, 11:11 PM
Dang GF! OUCH!!! eek!
I hope your recovering successfully!
I'll make sure to write that down on my "Not To Do" list! idea

MJ19
03-17-2003, 11:18 PM
Recovery is going GREAT!!! I took the bandage off this afternoon and replaced it with some neo & a big band-aid :)
I was checking it out and it looks like it will heel nicely (pun intended) but, I'm thinking there should have been a few more stitches. It appears that if I were 'rough' enough I could easily rip these stitches out eek! yuk

theskiffs
03-17-2003, 11:19 PM
sounds like a lot of pain for 36 posts.Get well soon.

MJ19
03-18-2003, 02:29 PM
theskiffs:
sounds like a lot of pain for 36 posts.Get well soon. You counted the posts :D
Here is a photo...it's heeling nicely! :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/333DCP_0001-med.jpg

126driver
03-18-2003, 02:32 PM
DAMN!! OUCH!! eek!

roostwear
03-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Have you contacted Larry H. Parker about suing the hoist company? Probably wasn't properly labeled with occupancy limit, top speed, etc. :rolleyes:

miller19j
03-18-2003, 03:06 PM
roostwear:
Have you contacted Larry H. Parker about suing the hoist company? Probably wasn't properly labeled with occupancy limit, top speed, etc. :rolleyes: I think the hoist was made in China. So go for it :D wink

spectratoad
03-18-2003, 03:11 PM
I am sure it is an American company that imported it, and an American that owned the store it was sold in. YOu may want to check the slope of the driveway. It could be too much so you could go after the contractor or even the City for not catching it etc....
Get well, that looked like it hurt. eek!

MJ19
03-18-2003, 03:44 PM
roostwear:
Have you contacted Larry H. Parker about suing the hoist company? Probably wasn't properly labeled with occupancy limit, top speed, etc. :rolleyes: I think I'll wait and see if it scars...I'll be traumatize for life if it scars, as my main income is foot modeling frown