PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle Tires

locogringo
08-04-2003, 08:04 PM
After calling Carlisle and telling them that I had 2 blowouts at the same time and that it looked like one of the tires completely delaminated, I thought I would be getting the run-a-round.
Jackie (warranty department in Ontario, CA) said she would need to see one of the tires for their warranty dept. to look at. I brought one back on our next trip out at Havasu and dropped it off last Monday (a week ago). I call back on Thursday to see if they have made a conclusive decision yet and she says that they will replace all six of them for me at no charge.
Talk about customer service. In a day and age when it seems to be going to the wayside, I applaud them for the commitment level to their customers.
Just thought I'd share some good news.
Daniel

Dusty Times
08-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Loco,
Do you have Jackies number at Carlisle?
Unfortunatly I have the same problem. I wonder if I will have to ship a tire to them.

rrrr
08-04-2003, 08:21 PM
My 24' bowrider weighs around 5,500lbs with all of my stuff in it. The trailer is one of those Florida aluminum beam jobbies, don't know if you ever see them out there in Kalifornia (heheh). It is rated at 7,000 lbs, and has Carlisle radials on it.
In six years of towing, including a trip to Table Rock Lake in Missouri, no problems. The reason? Keeping the tires at the max rating of 50 PSI. Anything less and the trailer doesn't ride over bumps well, and is "squishy" at my highway speeds which are around 80 MPH.
Put some freekin' air in the tires and stop the troubles. Right on the sidewall it says "50 PSI MAX". Go for it, that's what will stop your Carlisle problems.....

locogringo
08-04-2003, 08:22 PM
After this was all resolved I think I chucked the paperwork (my wife would kill me if she knew this) but they are located in Ontario, CA. Call 411 and get the 800 number.
Actually, hang on a minute....

locogringo
08-04-2003, 08:25 PM
here you go...
800-367-5710
Good luck

locogringo
08-04-2003, 08:27 PM
rrrr:
My 24' bowrider weighs around 5,500lbs with all of my stuff in it. The trailer is one of those Florida aluminum beam jobbies, don't know if you ever see them out there in Kalifornia (heheh). It is rated at 7,000 lbs, and has Carlisle radials on it.
In six years of towing, including a trip to Table Rock Lake in Missouri, no problems. The reason? Keeping the tires at the max rating of 50 PSI. Anything less and the trailer doesn't ride over bumps well, and is "squishy" at my highway speeds which are around 80 MPH.
Put some freekin' air in the tires and stop the troubles. Right on the sidewall it says "50 PSI MAX". Go for it, that's what will stop your Carlisle problems..... I agree with you on having the maximum pressure in the tires, that is what their "informational book" recommended when I got the replacements, but the tires that I had (ST brand) were inherently troublesome with having delamination problems.
[ August 04, 2003, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: locogringo ]

Dusty Times
08-04-2003, 08:28 PM
A million thanks!
I guess I could repay you with beer?

locogringo
08-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Dusty Times:
A million thanks!
I guess I could repay you with beer? I never turn down a cold one. But just the thanks was enough.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-04-2003, 09:01 PM
I read often in the off road forums of good experiences with Carlisle.
Goodyear, on the other hand,, seems to be less helpfull.
Not a whole lot of selection on trailer tires.
Carlisle seems to have their heart in it.
People seem to walk up to us often and tell of a Carlisle story while pointing to our tires.
Always happy endings to these stories.

rrrr
08-04-2003, 09:27 PM
locogringo:
I agree with you on having the maximum pressure in the tires, that is what their "informational book" recommended when I got the replacements, but the tires that I had (ST brand) were inherently troublesome with having delamination problems. Dammit, I can't concentrate on anything you are saying with that blonde hottie riding the pony over in the corner. It ain't fair!!! :D :D

Havasu Cig
08-05-2003, 06:31 AM
Trailer Park Casanova:
I read often in the off road forums of good experiences with Carlisle.
Goodyear, on the other hand,, seems to be less helpfull.
Not a whole lot of selection on trailer tires.
Carlisle seems to have their heart in it.
People seem to walk up to us often and tell of a Carlisle story while pointing to our tires.
Always happy endings to these stories. The Goodyear is a much better tire though...A friend had Carlisles on the trailer his 27' Warlock was on and he had nothing but problems with them. I have Goodyears on our Myco towing 12,000 # with no problems.

Trailer Park Casanova
08-05-2003, 06:34 AM
That's true here too.
We've had mostly Goodyears on our tow'd vehicles and only one problem tire that was new.
All Goodyear would do was give us $7 towards a new tire.

gstark
08-05-2003, 11:23 AM
On the way up to Bass Lake, my 2-1/2 year old tandem Extreme w/Carlisles shed 1/3 the tread off of one tire. Changed this tire with a new spare. A couple days later I looked at the other tires and saw bulges in the 3 others.
Called Carlisle, and after some lengthy discussion with Jackie, they shipped (second day) 5 new tires (newer design, slightly larger size) to a small local tire shop who changed the entire set out.
Kudos to Carlisle for honoring and servicing their customers. They are holding to a 2 year replacement as a customer service policy - although they did take care of me, it wasn't exactly without pain on my side. It looks to me more like a product liability issue with the number of these tires grenading.

skygod73
08-05-2003, 05:04 PM
I went through the exact senario with 2 tires and Jackie, they replaced all 6. Kudos to Carlisle!

locogringo
08-05-2003, 10:39 PM
Dammit, I can't concentrate on anything you are saying with that blonde hottie riding the pony over in the corner. It ain't fair!!! :D :D [/QB][/QUOTE]
LOL, I find it hard some times also. That's why I had to turn it off in my update area. Wife thinks it is PWT (poor white trash) so I just say, "NO, I don't have it on anymore1"