PDA

View Full Version : Paintballers.......

NashvilleBound
08-01-2003, 08:13 AM
My son is now of the age that we need to get a couple paintball guns. Ok, it's for me too. I need to know whats the best gun on the market..for the price. Oh, I know you'll find this hard to believe, I want them to shoot when I pull the trigger and when I let go...kinda like full-auto. (no comments please eek! ) Whats that called in paintball terms???? Class 3 paintballing? smile_sp Anyways, any help would be much appreciated.
NB

Essex502
08-01-2003, 08:23 AM
We started this paintball stuff with the original Nel-Spot single shot guns. Anything after that is for pussies. Recock after each shot. No tanks. No huge magazines that look like 55 gallon drums on top of the gun. No CO2 cylinders on our backs. Simple. Effective. Rate of fire was not an issue. Accuracy and stealth was.

NOTALENT
08-01-2003, 08:25 AM
Its an awesome sport tell me what you are looking for price range...semi or full auto matic, computerized or not..then I can give you a list of guns.

NashvilleBound
08-01-2003, 08:28 AM
Thats cool and all, but my son and I are into modern warfare. If it were just me and some adult friends that where into skill and technique your guns would be cool. I think pray and spray would be fun when the time is right too.

NashvilleBound
08-01-2003, 08:30 AM
Bropb16:
Its an awesome sport tell me what you are looking for price range...semi or full auto matic, computerized or not..then I can give you a list of guns. Full auto, I am not sure what computerized will do for us. Or if its necessary. Price is not an issue. Thanks...

NOTALENT
08-01-2003, 08:41 AM
well if price is not an issue I would go with an angel. for around 800-2000you get the top of the line gone computerized and 3 shot choice program. It shoots 3 shot burst, semi auto, or full or with the click of the swith on the back of the gun...Its also the most accurate gun on the market. will never break down on you. Also the next step down wood me a Widow maker I believe.they range from about 500-1000. But if you want to get a top of the line semi go with the autococker very awesome and with a trigger job it can be just like a full auto..hope this helps

NashvilleBound
08-01-2003, 08:43 AM
Thanks, that helps alot. Were just gathering info to make sure we buy the right gun the first time.

1stepcloser
08-01-2003, 10:46 AM
Read this... (http://www.paintballtimes.com/testoftime.htm) It tells the story...
I have a 2000 STO autococker, added a Dye swing trigger and Barrel, and have been way happy. I have it timed and tuned, and I'll put it against any marker out there.
Not to imply that this is an inexpensive marker, but it's considerably less than the Angel line, and, IMO, every bit as good, and a lot more reliable.
You can get well set up for about $800 to $1000.00 dollars.
If you just have to go full auto, (many parks wont allow this) an electronic trigger can be added to reach that goal.
The hell with "spray and pray" all that does is waste paint.
Youre gonna poke your head up to fire, and somebody is gonna take you out.
Be quiet, patient, and accurate. :cool:
http://www.paintball-gun.net/images/autoSTO.jpg

StealBlueZ
08-01-2003, 11:00 AM
I have an "Icon" gun, and am happy with it. It shoots single, 3 & 6 round bursts, and fully auto. You can adjust the rate it fires, as well as projectile (!) speed. I also have the electronic hopper and it keeps the magazine amply supplied when I'm killing kids. I paid just over 300 for this gun, 2 masks and bullets and have used it a ton of times with no probs. It's not the top of the line, but you coulda fooled me. Everyone tells me it's a great gun. Check out http://www.xpaintball.com/icpaingun.html
Have fun.
Steal

NashvilleBound
08-01-2003, 01:37 PM
Thanks for all the help. I will check out each link. His b day is the 10th so I gotta get something quick too. I cant beleive he's already 12...that makes me...ahhhh shit cry

NashvilleBound
08-01-2003, 01:51 PM
Just got back from the links....its not the gun that gets your money its the 25 options! Holy cow, how does one know what to get for options....
and Steal, that one looks really good for the money.

TrojanDan
08-01-2003, 02:13 PM
1stepcloser:
Be quiet, patient, and accurate. :cool:
Exactly, that's why I prefer to play pump games. What fun is fully automatic? :cool:

miller19j
08-01-2003, 02:15 PM
NashvilleBound:
Thanks for all the help. I will check out each link. His b day is the 10th so I gotta get something quick too. I cant beleive he's already 12...that makes me...ahhhh shit cry Old Man!!!!! :D

Froggystyle
08-01-2003, 03:17 PM
I am hearing a lot of good opinions on a lot of good guns.
That being said, I have found that the more exotic the marker, the less likely it will consistently shoot every weekend, all weekend.
I play a hardcore scenario game with between 6 and 15 SEALs and other assorted spec-ops guys, and some, like me went and got the super expensive auto-cockers and what have you. They guys who win every single time, and the guys who never leave early with a broken gun, and don't need backup guns have Tippmans. You can get a Tippman with a reaction-trigger, which forces your finger back into firing position every single shot. Or, if you really want to get silly go with a Bob Long intimidator package. I have never seen one go down, and they are the hardest shooting, fastest gun out there. They look great too.
If you want sick looks, get what I got. I bought an Armotech marker... which shoots about as fast and as well as an upper-level Spyder (good gun) but looks menacing as hell. That is me, and it in the pic. It looks just like an MP5, and shoots about like one too. That is why I bought it. It gets all of the attention from the fields I play at, and a good enough player can back up the looks.
I also have a great store (Velocity) and a good guy to buy from if you want to get a whole kit set up. Write me at wes@tridentboats.com if you want some more info.
Talk to you later.
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/armo_2.jpg
[ August 01, 2003, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Froggystyle ]

NashvilleBound
08-01-2003, 06:49 PM
Wes, Thanks. That looks like the PAINTBALL gun for me. Just want to make sure the word PAINTBALL is clear for anyone listening:) sounds like you run with some of the same crowd I used to and I look forward to getting into a new hobby. We'll be back in San Diego the beginning of Sept. I will have to look up the Velocity store. It's not in Escondido is it? Just thought I might have seen a sign for it in years past.
Thanks again Wes,
Jeff
I went to the site and saved it. Please PM me with any acc's I will need. I will be nice to teach my son good technique with a quality weapon.
[ August 01, 2003, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: NashvilleBound ]

Froggystyle
08-01-2003, 11:41 PM
What I would do is come down and shoot with mine. I have four markers and you can jam with any one you want. I can introduce you to my guy too, who is really good at hooking up a whole package, and treats me good as gold. That being said, he cannot get Armo's like mine. So, in that case, I would get a hold of www.tacticalmarkers.com (http://www.tacticalmarkers.com) and the owner knows me really well.
Either way, call me first. You have my number I believe.
Talk to you later.

Froggystyle
08-01-2003, 11:42 PM
NashvilleBound:
Wes, Thanks. That looks like the PAINTBALL gun for me. Just want to make sure the word PAINTBALL is clear for anyone listening:) Just call it a marker. It is the correct term anyway.

NashvilleBound
08-02-2003, 05:22 AM
When we get into town I will call you. Your "Marker" is an SD version and I didn't see that on their site so I will be acalling for sure.
Jeff