PDA

View Full Version : So we went to Castaic on Saturday........

HOOTER SLED-
09-08-2003, 01:08 PM
.... we rolled back to the long cove and one fishing boat was pulling out. I swear, after that dude left, we did not see one boat for almost TWO hours. The place was dead. Everyone must think they are closed already. Even by midday it seemed like it was Winter. I hear they are open through the end of the month. Good day, weather was nice, water was warm.
HOOTER

BIGAMIST
09-08-2003, 01:52 PM
Sunday was packed :D

HOOTER SLED-
09-09-2003, 08:15 AM
What's up with Sundays?? Pyramid too. I would rather recoop on Sunday, instead of Monday at work. It's seems to always be more crowded on Sundays instead of Saturdays. Oh well, everyone can just keep on hitting the local lakes on Sundays. :D :D
HOOTER

Uplink
09-10-2003, 01:20 AM
HOOTER SLED-:
.... we rolled back to the long cove and one fishing boat was pulling out. I swear, after that dude left, we did not see one boat for almost TWO hours. The place was dead. Everyone must think they are closed already. Even by midday it seemed like it was Winter. I hear they are open through the end of the month. Good day, weather was nice, water was warm.
HOOTER Yup, was there Saturday too. It was great. West ramp (which I like better) didn't even close. Sundays are always way worse, they are usually full by noon. Mark

WILD LAVEY
09-10-2003, 02:19 AM
did any of you guys get hassled for speed or anything else. ive been thinking of going, but the last time i was there i got pulled over for going 42 mph.

HOOTER SLED-
09-10-2003, 10:22 AM
WILD LAVEY:
did any of you guys get hassled for speed or anything else. ive been thinking of going, but the last time i was there i got pulled over for going 42 mph. No sweat here. I didn't see the Sheriff boat out there at all though. Just the volunteer boat and the yellow Lifeguard boat. I don't know if they can write you up or what there deal is. Funny though, we were way in the back by the "swing" tree, and the Lifeguard boat comes back and warns everyone that there is no swimming allowed at the lake. But it was OK for us to put a life jacket on and jump in real quick. WTF? So he turns around, leaves the cove, and everyone is right back in the water again(or at least I was).