PDA

View Full Version : thought I'd share somthing

hoolign
04-08-2003, 09:25 AM
seems like yesterday I looked over and saw this munchkin staring back at me from between the bars of his crib,grinning from ear to ear fully knowing I was about to be up to my elbows in crap and getting pissed on for the task of cleaning him up. yuk
I remember comming home to see my wifes discust then looking at our boy beside the dog he attempted to make look like barney with purple cool aid :confused:
I remember the nervous look in his eyes as he slid into his first classroom then comming home with grape juice all over him from pissing off a girl he liked :D
I remember his sheepish look as he tried to cover up a black eye he got from that Mitchell kid down the block after telling him his mom was fat cry
I remember his first base hit in baseball.
I remember him running me over on his first motorbike
I remember how proud he was when he was all spruced up for his first dance at school.
I remember his first date,and him freaking out when his mother asked him if he knew what a condom was. :rolleyes:
I was confronted yesterday with the realization
of just how fast they grow up when he said to me as we were headed out for a family supper...
Dad, I'll drive eek!

AZKC
04-08-2003, 09:29 AM
I hear ya, my one and only is getting ready to hit the big 21, he's been a great son and he'll make a great designated driver for me and wife :D
KC
[ April 08, 2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: AZKC ]

SCUBA STEVE
04-08-2003, 10:03 AM
my daughter is only 7, so I know I have a lot of the things you mentioned to look forward too. I wont be looking forward to the boyfriends & dating part though. Any Ideas on a new version of the chasity belt?

burbanite
04-08-2003, 11:49 AM
My eldest works part time, has her own car and is gearing up for her high school prom next month, her sister is just one year behind........
Now, where did I put my walking stick?
Girls are :cool:

Ziggy
04-08-2003, 12:01 PM
Hooligan,
Hits right at home..my boy is 20 and works for me as a technician now...my daughter is nearly 10 so a lot of the things are yet to be(albeit quite different than the boy I hope)...life passes us each day and we take it for granted. Its nice to reflect back but I try to absorb as much as possible each day of their lives, its amazing how much they know and sometimes how much better they are at Algebra then me eek! What would we do without them???

hoolign
04-08-2003, 12:46 PM
just kinda shocked me there yesterday, pretty much absorbed it all as well along the way but ,don't think I was ready for "i'll drive", ahhhh it's all good, sure thinks he's king shit drivin the chevy hd :D

gigamurph
04-14-2003, 08:54 PM
Pardon my lateness on this gig. I've just returned from my exile in "NoComputerdom". I hear ya hoolign. My Son is 27 and my Daughter is about to turn 25 and I'm feelin' a little old right now! I feel really old when we go out to dinner and they say, "Let me get this Dad." Damn.... :D

JetBoatRich
04-14-2003, 08:58 PM
Isn't it cool watching them grow up, hopefully they learn from you and make good choices in life. :D

Tom Brown
04-14-2003, 08:59 PM
Nice thread. :)
I have no plans to have children but I enjoy orgasms as much as anyone so you never know...

Jungle Boy
04-14-2003, 09:01 PM
My daughter is 16 1/2 and drives now. When I see her driving away in my truck, I just shake my head and wonder where the years have gone. Then I remember that I'm 43 and barely recall my 20's. Time flies. Have fun because you are a long time dead.
[ April 14, 2003, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Jungle Boy ]

beyondhelpin
04-14-2003, 09:02 PM
I hear ya. Got a 14 year old that keeps hinting at what car she likes. Also reminding me a good friend of mine bought his 15 year old one of those Seadoo jet boats. Yea that'll happen!

roostwear
04-14-2003, 09:13 PM
Last night I told my oldest son (12 in August)that after his birthday he may be able to legally drive the boat (with me in it of course). Shoulda seen his eyes light up!It dimmed a bit when I handed him the California Boating handbook and told him there will be a test on the contents before he drives though. I may have opened Pandora's box......

bordsmnj
04-14-2003, 10:13 PM
SCUBA STEVE:
my daughter is only 7, so I know I have a lot of the things you mentioned to look forward too. I wont be looking forward to the boyfriends & dating part though. Any Ideas on a new version of the chasity belt? try a little company called Smith&Wesson. Remington's another good one.

THOR
04-15-2003, 06:31 AM
Very nice thread. My wife and I are expecting our first in mid August. I cant wait for him or her to take the first boat ride with Dad.

hoolign
04-15-2003, 07:38 AM
GIG.
I think I'd keel over if the kid said "I'll pay" :D

spectratoad
04-15-2003, 09:24 AM
My oldest will be 11 next week and my other is 9. they do grow quick. they are asking me and telling me things and each time the question or stements are getting more and more mature. When I hear a cool song on the radio they tell me that it is an oldie. That hurts wink But they keep me pretty hip on the younger crowd. They will surprise you though. My oldest and I got into a discussion on the death penalty. He disagrees with it and his reason was that the killing should stop somewhere. I was floored at the adult-like thoughts that were behind that statement. I am getting old.

canuck1
04-15-2003, 05:09 PM
hooligan
Too true My baby just turned 11 today
Send me your cell # for beers tommorrow

LUVNLIFE
04-15-2003, 06:44 PM
I'm just starting. Our girl is 3.5 years and the boy is 5 months and time is just going to fast. cry

gigamurph
04-15-2003, 08:29 PM
hoolign:
GIG.
I think I'd keel over if the kid said "I'll pay" :D I DID!
jawdrop

River Ric
04-15-2003, 09:12 PM
My oldest turns 14 on the 4th of July. It is amazing how fast they grow. They broke the mold on this one. He is 6'1" and weighs 212. He is already being looked at by two colleges for football. He had to sit out this year as he was to big for pop warner. He got 2 yrs. in though. Thye start the week after scool gets out in the weight room at the high school. He too reminds me about driving in 2 yrs. To all of you parents with younger kids, enjoy it. I have watched both my son and daughter grow up at the river. You see the pictures from every summer and you can't believe how they have grown. My old man always said that "it never gets harder or it never gets easier, it just gets different." That it does. Here's to another great summer with them before they are too busy to hang out with their old man. :D :D :D

CMABadseed
04-15-2003, 09:45 PM
I think I speak for all the sons and daughters out there. wether they know it yet or not. Someday they will realize how important parents are, and havasu and the river and the desert, and those fun family trips we have all taken.
so on there behalf and mine......
THANKS!

NorCal Gameshow
04-15-2003, 09:52 PM
enjoy it while you can, it goes very quick. infant, toddler next thing you know you're teaching them to drive,but all along you've been teaching them.when you're yelling at the idiot driver in front of you, you're teaching them...it's very easy to forget,you're always teaching them

JustMVG
04-16-2003, 12:02 AM
My 14 year old is also hinting at what car she'd like to start with, can someone explain why they all want the big ticket cars?, i had to learn how to drive in a '70 Ford Maverick, my 8 year old wants to get a quad, and both of them want to race NASCAR. I think i have ALOT of OT to workk in the next few years. The fun is now starting with the oldest and the boy friends, and of course the phone and the never ending ringing, oh well gotta love 'em. Mike VG :( wink

hoolign
04-16-2003, 05:27 AM
canuck. 350 0746