PDA

View Full Version : WOOOHOOOO...things are looking up...

Havasu Hangin'
04-16-2003, 06:34 PM
....$1.94/gallon to fill up the truck ($2.14 for the car)...spring is coming...the boat parts are being dropped off at my door...the boards are mellowing out...Dave is still alive...
...LIFE IS GOOD.
[ April 16, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin' ]

Infomaniac
04-16-2003, 07:52 PM
You can drive to Oklahoma for 1.32 and save money on the whole trip.
93 octane has never been 2.00 EVER
[ April 16, 2003, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Infomaniac ]

Rexone
04-16-2003, 07:56 PM
HH check your PM :)

77charger
04-16-2003, 08:46 PM
Havasu Hangin':
....$1.94/gallon to fill up the truck ($2.14 for the car)...spring is coming...the boat parts are being dropped off at my door...the boards are mellowing out...Dave is still alive...
...LIFE IS GOOD. So are they dropping off a new transom? :D or o/d parts :)
And will it be ready soon sounds like you need some checkers now
argue

playdeep
04-16-2003, 08:54 PM
1.47 per gallon in Nuevo Mexico...
HH,
You gonna be at the poker run next week?

Havasu Hangin'
04-17-2003, 03:42 AM
Alright, you guys...rub it in! I'm just happy that it's below $2/gallon.
Which reminds me...could someone again please explain why gas is more expensive in Cali (where the refineries are just a fireball away)?
playdeep:
You gonna be at the poker run next week? Playdeep- I tried to PM you the other day...got your e-mail, but AOL deleted it before I got home (I picked it up on the road).
Things are still up in the air with 2 broken boats and no place to stay...but as usual, we'll probably do the last minute fire drill.
I'll keep you posted...what boat will you be in?
77charger (or is it 97checkers?)- new transom shield and associated parts should be here soon...the problem is I am gone for the next 3 weekends...so I need to buy some time to put it together...

HALLETT BOY
04-17-2003, 07:57 AM
Gas is always more expensive in California because that's where the money is ! And the oil
companys know this !

Blown 472
04-17-2003, 08:03 AM
HALLETT BOY:
Gas is always more expensive in California because that's where the money is ! And the oil
companys know this ! Try living in the midwest, no money they just keep sticking it to us cuz they can.

Her454
04-17-2003, 08:05 AM
Infomaniac:
You can drive to Oklahoma for 1.32 and save money on the whole trip.
93 octane has never been 2.00 EVER They have cars in Oklahoma now? :D :D

eliminatedsprinter
04-17-2003, 08:35 AM
We have a Gov. who has surrounded himself with advisors who have, in the past, openly advocated higher feul prices as a means of reducing traffic congestion and air pollution. We also have a one party state that is run by the party that is full of people who have also, at one time or another, done the same. In addition, the company that produces MTBE's has givin lots of money to our Gov. and his party and guess what? We use MTBEs in our fuel instead of the cheaper and cleaner burning ethanol that everyone else uses as their federally mandated oxidative agent in their fuel. Ironicly, MTBE turns out to be a terrible water polluter, so now they want to get our 2 strokes off of the water. Of course now that everyone knows this crap pollutes water we are eventually going to change over to ethanol as well. A couple of years ago, due to tons of public pressure aginst MTBEs, our govener asked the EPA if Ca could be exempt from using an oxidative agent in our gas and the EPA predictably said no. They told us to use ethanol like everybody else. Now our Gov. and his PR people are blaming our continued use of MTBE on the Bush admin and the evil feds for not letting us stop using them. If I had more time and better literary skills I could explain this much better. But you get my drift....

572Daytona
04-17-2003, 08:45 AM
It was a $1.25 in Georgia last week, may be cheaper now. As eliminated said the high gas prices in Cali are to blame on the politicians there and not the oil companies.

playdeep
04-17-2003, 08:14 PM
HH,
I have a 25 Eagle,Red scallops w/yellow pinstripes(same graphics as RiverLiver's Daytona).
boat name is VISUAL NOISE...
If you can't get a boat together let me know,I have room in the boat...Not to worry about how it might look w/you riding in a "E" boat,a fellow zealot(DCB owner) is gonna be hitching a ride as well. :D
Let me know...