PDA

View Full Version : MORE HOWARDS THAN USUAL

little rowe boat
07-04-2003, 06:22 PM
I was on Havasu last weekend and noticed more Howards on the water than usual.Gene must be building more boats per year than they have in the past. I think it's time Gene stepped up to the plate and have a regatta for us loyal Howard owners. :cool: :D

TPI
07-04-2003, 09:56 PM
LRB,
I think a lot of Howard owners are just boating at Havasu. Production has been about the same level for several years, although a lot more Bullets and Cats are being built over 22's now. There was a thread about a regatta about a month ago that really took off, In my opinion, I dont think its that far off for Howard to have one relatively soon.

TCHB
07-05-2003, 03:49 PM
Last weekend out I saw around 10 Howards. It was a mix of boats in all sizes.

TPI
07-06-2003, 10:28 AM
It seems like a lot of 22 Offshores are out and about these days too.

little rowe boat
07-06-2003, 10:43 AM
Yah I saw some 22 offshores,cats and bullets. It's just nice to see more Howards out and about. We need to get Gene Willen to do a regatta. I think it would be a good time for all.

dr. margarita
07-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Good luck on the regatta...how are we gonna convince Gene that it would be a cool thing to do! Mike would probably be all over it. Maybe we'll just have to organize it for him??? I would sure help in any way. DM

Trailer Park Casanova
07-06-2003, 02:14 PM
After a rain,, if the weather warms up, drive by the Mighty Howard/Teague Bldg in Valencia just off Rye Canyon road and you can smell the Rye Blooming.
Smells like bread baking.

dr. margarita
07-06-2003, 02:22 PM
OK Casanova, I'll bite,,,I don't get it :confused:

dr. margarita
07-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Now I feel stupid..I get it. I don't thinks its a matter of them spring'in for it...I'd like to just get together with other Howard owners and HAVE A MARG! :D

Trailer Park Casanova
07-06-2003, 07:16 PM
dr. margarita:
OK Casanova, I'll bite,,,I don't get it :confused: Sorry,,; Wild Rye grows in the canyons and hills around Howards in Valencia and the fragrance is really fantastic when the Rye Blooms. We pass by after a day on Castaic and smell the rye in the air, also the purple flowers in bloom are fantastic to take in with the ol' eyeballs..

little rowe boat
07-06-2003, 09:41 PM
I don't know about the rye,but it would be cool to get together with other Howard owners.You are right Mike wouild be all over the idea of a regatta but Gene probably wishes that the talk of a regatta would all just go away. $$$$$$$ jawdrop