PDA

View Full Version : Cal Speedway this weekend 11/1

JustMVG
10-29-2002, 11:12 AM
Well it's that time of year again, is anyone going to be going to the CART race this coming wekend? We'll be there in the infield spot 2-221, backstraight at the entrance to turn 3, if you want to drop by, hope to see some of you there, weather looks good for the weekend , not like last year with rain and cold , See Ya, Mike VG :)

rrrr
10-29-2002, 01:37 PM
Hope they manage to get some green flag racing in, perhaps an on track pass or two would be good.
After watching the clusterf*ck in Australia last week I wonder what's coming next.... :rolleyes:

Skaterfast
10-29-2002, 02:19 PM
Hang in there rrr.My uncle is the CEO of C.A.R.T,it's only going to get better.I promise.

bohica
10-30-2002, 11:07 AM
Skaterfast,
Chris Pook is a great guy, did a hell of a job with the Long Beach GP. I never would have thought the IRL would over take CART as the leading open wheel series, but with all the sponsor money and teams leaving CART, it doesn't look good. With the two drivers that got hurt last weekend, I sure hope they have more than 16 cars for race day.
I'll be in turn 4 RV spot 3-261, getting there FRi. afternoon. Stop by for some cold ones.

JustMVG
10-30-2002, 11:56 AM
I have always admired Chris Pook, his passion for the LBGP was phenominal, and now i do not think there was any other choice for CEO of CART, yes i bi=ought some CART stock, and yes i have been worried about the stock, but i know that with his leadership the future is going to be great, even if CART becomes a feeder system for F1.
Now changing the formula that the series grew up on and has been successful with bothered me, it seems that no matter what CART officials did many of the teams that crossed over were going to do so anyway. I'm sad that FED-EX has optioned out of the series, but that too will be taken care of.
I am a long time supporter of the series and was involved with the Toyota Atlantic series for many years as a team member, both the Atlantics and CART have shown that this type of racing is great.
With the rise of NASCAR to almost biblical proportions the average race fan is getting lulled into the oval type of racing, CART has always had road courses and some ovals, what better way to showcase the best drivers in the world. The IRL will be successful as will NASCAR, but in the end under the Pook stewardship CART will be back to the top of the heap. Thanks for the time . Mike VG See you at the track.

burbanite
11-04-2002, 07:19 PM
Thoughts on the race?
Anyone have a good time?
Sorry I couldn't get to see anyone at the weekend, I rolled in Saturday and Sunday after spending the week relaxing in Newport Beach.
The Australian race was shaping up ok until .....well, those of you that watched know the story.......

playdeep
11-04-2002, 07:52 PM
Unless CART figures out a way to get some American drivers in the series the IRL will continue to be the premier open wheel series in the U.S....Somebody has to realize that people arent gonna show up in significant numbers to watch a bunch of ride buying Brazilians race.Next year the IRL is gonna have a Andretti,Foyt and rejuvinated Unser.Imagine if Tony Stewart,Jeff Gordon,Ryan Newman,and Robby Gordon had stayed in open wheel race cars...

JustMVG
11-05-2002, 12:58 AM
Hey Burbanite, we missed you , we went a lookin' but now that i see your post i can see why. Poor Bruno, oh well there's the last race, and then next year. Uh there will be a next year for you guy's in CART? Or is it going to be a one series only year for you? Had fun , the CART crowd is always a lot calmer than the NASCAR crowd, esecially in the infield.
I liked to see that Vasser finally got a win this year, he's always right there but something always happened.
Got to meet Bohica and OCStoker You guys were having too much fun, glad i was able to meet you folks wish i had had more time. I will definitely check back with you come NASCAR in a few month's.
See you all soon , Mike VG

burbanite
11-05-2002, 08:40 AM
MandMVG
Uh there will be a next year for you guy's in CART? Or is it going to be a one series only year for you?
I liked to see that Vasser finally got a win this year, he's always right there but something always happened.I would have liked to have met up with everyone but I missed the opportunity this time.
Next year our intention is to focus on one series out of Indianapolis and one from Charlotte...........but, never say never.........
Yes, we were all happy for Jimmy, he is a great guy and will always be part of our "family". This is evidenced by what our guys did for him in the aftermath of his accident in Australia, Chip was immediately on the phone from the U.S. telling everyone how proud he was to have them working for him.

bohica
11-05-2002, 10:09 AM
We had a blast at the races last weekend. It was great to meet some board members. Thanks for stopping by MandMVG. It was nice meeting Partycat on Sunday. We'll be in the same spot on every racing weekend.
Hey Burbanite, you wouldn't happen to know Mike Davis there in Indianapolis. He's been involved with racing there for years, and runs a race shop there in Indy.

Party Cat
11-05-2002, 02:38 PM
I also had a great time this weekend. Damm Bohica...all you guys needed was water and it would have been just like at the river....You guys know how to party. It was a pleasure meeting you and your crew. Thanks again for your hospitality and hopefully I'll see ya at the Havasu Light Parade.
C YA