PDA

View Full Version : Havasu/Topock...

OOfatso
01-23-2003, 02:56 PM
Hey All,
Getting ready to head to the Trailer this weekend (Gotta drag the boat out) and I was thinking about shooting down to havasu.... how is the water level.... Still up??? Thanks for the info....
"OO"fatso
:D :D :D :D :D :D
[ January 23, 2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: OOfatso ]

cougar27mtr
01-23-2003, 03:20 PM
I was there on Monday January 20th... We launched at Windsor and went to the sandbar.. Water level was low but made it no problem. Have fun and enjoy It is a bit cold though :-) We had jackets but non the less I was on the water so I was happy
Enjoy
cougar27mtr

OOfatso
01-23-2003, 03:40 PM
cougar27mtr:
I was there on Monday January 20th... We launched at Windsor and went to the sandbar.. Water level was low but made it no problem. Have fun and enjoy It is a bit cold though :-) We had jackets but non the less I was on the water so I was happy
Enjoy
cougar27mtr Thanks MTR...
The saying that I stick to is " It could be raining at the river, and I would still enjoy it" and belive me...I and the family have sat through a few rainy days.. still fun!
"OO"fatso
:cool:

TrojanDan
01-23-2003, 03:46 PM
Campsite renovated
by Ann Hagerty
The Bureau of Reclamations is helping the local office of the Bureau of Land Management maintain its shoreline campsites by lowering Lake Havasu’s elevation through February.
On Friday, Reclamation began lowering the lake’s elevation from 446.3 to the target elevation of 445.5 so that the BLM could stabilize shorelines around some of its campsites.
“What we’ve been doing is building restrooms and retaining walls, and things like that to try and keep (shorelines) from dissolving into the lake,” said BLM public affairs officer Diane Williams.
The bureau has already completed such projects at 30 or 40 of its 107 shoreline campsites, Williams said. Staff plans to enhance seven campsites on the south end of the lake during this time period. The retaining walls are made with a tan stone that blends in well with the shoreline, Williams added.
Bureau of Reclamations spokesman Bob Walsh said that the lake will remain at an approximate elevation of 445.5 feet through the month of February, and should return to its normal operating level of 445.8 feet by early March.
“This is the time of year when the lake is down anyway, so it’s a good time for these things to happen,” Walsh said.
The Reclamation asks lake users to use caution, because lower lake elevations may expose or create natural hazards. For more information about lake elevations, visit www.lc.usbr.gov/lcrivops.html. (http://www.lc.usbr.gov/lcrivops.html.)
This is from today's headlines on www.havasunews.com (http://www.havasunews.com)
-Dan

rivercrazy
01-23-2003, 03:46 PM
http://www.coloradoriverinfo.com/waterflowreports/03report01.20_press.html
Check this out. It appears they are lowering Havasu on a temporary basis. That might make getting through the sandbar at the mouth a little iffy...............

OOfatso
01-23-2003, 03:51 PM
TOOOOOOO Low for Me!!!!!!!
Think I will just drive that golf cart around and see if I can break it instead of trying to get through the mouth of the lake and end up tearing off my outdrive!!!! What has the temps been at lately????
"OO"fatso
:confused:

TrojanDan
01-23-2003, 03:56 PM
Hey lazy! :D click here for temps.... www.havasunews.com (http://www.havasunews.com)

jm2drvr
01-23-2003, 03:58 PM
we went needles all the way to london bridge on Sat and Sun. It looked pretty low at the transition from the river to lake havasu, maybe 2 or 3 feet, but couldn't really tell for sure, charley was driving and he had the peddle mashed.

OOfatso
01-23-2003, 04:02 PM
TrojanDan:
Hey lazy! :D click here for temps.... www.havasunews.com (http://www.havasunews.com) Hey, it takes one to know one!!!!!! NNNNAAAA... Jeeeez it's just like we were back in 2nd grade!!!!........ Whats funny about those reports... I will read that its raining and freezing cold but my boss calls and says it awsome weather!!!! Go Figure.
"OO"fatso
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
[ January 23, 2003, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: OOfatso ]

OOfatso
01-23-2003, 04:02 PM
jm2drvr:
we went needles all the way to london bridge on Sat and Sun. It looked pretty low at the transition from the river to lake havasu, maybe 2 or 3 feet, but couldn't really tell for sure, charley was driving and he had the peddle mashed. Jet????
"OO"fatso
:D

OOfatso
01-23-2003, 04:36 PM
so with the water level dropping.... it should be down to 440ft when i get there... that is my kind of luck!!!
"OO"fatso
:D

TCHB
01-23-2003, 08:33 PM
Yes the water will be going down for the next two weeks to allow for repairs. After that it will come back to normal.

OOfatso
01-24-2003, 07:37 AM
Did anyone notice the report???? It says that it is only going to be .3 lower than usual at this time of the year.... go figure....
"OO"fatso
:rolleyes:

OOfatso
01-24-2003, 07:39 AM
Lets see...... .3 lower = $5,000.00 outdrive.... I think I will stay at the trailer and just thrash the golf cart....
"OO"fatso
:cool:

Charley
01-24-2003, 09:47 AM
jm2drvr:
we went needles all the way to london bridge on Sat and Sun. It looked pretty low at the transition from the river to lake havasu, maybe 2 or 3 feet, but couldn't really tell for sure, charley was driving and he had the peddle mashed. Bullshit !! 3 of the 4 times you were driving and you were the one mashing it....ever see someone sweat bullets at 70mph?
smile_sp

OOfatso
01-24-2003, 03:58 PM
Maybe he is mistakeing Tears for sweating bullets!!!!70 mph a foot or two off of the water seems unbelievably fast if your not the one driving!!!
"OO"fatso
eek! eek! eek! eek!
[ January 24, 2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: OOfatso ]

OOfatso
01-24-2003, 03:59 PM
OOfatso:
Maybe he is mistakeing Tears for sweating bullets!!!!70 mph a foot or two off of the water seems unbelievably fast if your not the one driving!!!
"OO"fatso
eek! eek! eek! eek!

OOfatso
01-24-2003, 04:00 PM
^%$^%#@&%$$.. I hate double posts!!!
"OO"fatso
burningm

Mandelon
01-25-2003, 06:02 PM
Damn Double posts.

Mandelon
01-25-2003, 06:02 PM