PDA

View Full Version : Boaters Can Help Stop Terrorism!

Boatcop
03-04-2003, 07:44 PM
An alert marina worker in Tennessee called authorities and reported 2 Middle Eastern men taking pictures of a TVA dam.
The FBI caught up with the 2 men, who were wanted for illegally entering the Country, and obtaining US Driver's Licenses with fake ID.
Why am I telling you this?
Because we (The Authorities) can't be everywhere, all the time. We need ordinary (or in the case of most of YOU, not so ordinary) people to be alert to anything unusual.
Most of the places we boat, are behind or in front of some sort of dam. Especially here on the River, and most Arizona and California Lakes.
All we ask, is that if you're in the area of these dams, take a minute and check them out. If you see something that "just doesn't look right", call the local Police, Sheriff, Rangers, or whatever. Don't try to take action or confront a situation yourselves. That's what we get paid for. Just be a good observer, and note what made you think somethng wasn't right. We'll take it from there.
It may very well be perfectly innocent, but these days, who wants to take the chance that it isn't. As that guy in Tennessee proves. It's the public that's the first line of defense in fighting terrorism.
We, and the Country, will thank you for it.

superdave013
03-04-2003, 07:56 PM
Boatcop:
Don't try to take action or confront a situation yourselves. come on brah, can't we just take 'em out for ya. :D
I can see it now. Boater takes out 2 towel heads. Turns out the towel heads were from Torrance, Ca and on vacation sight seeing @ the Parker Dam. :rolleyes: opps
Really though you are right. Man I sure keep an eye on people now when I fly. That's for sure.

77charger
03-04-2003, 08:00 PM
i dont think it would be hard to spot something different as far as terrorism suspects go on the water.Maybe full set of clothes on in the summer maybe a good sign,rental boats,etc :p

sandblasted
03-04-2003, 08:01 PM
I'm willing to help. Can I mount a 20mm cannon on my bow? No?
How about an old M1 Carbine? It's not that accurate but it will throw out 15 shots at them pretty quick..No?
How about a pellet gun?...probably not that either..
Ok, I'll just use my damn cell phone, if it will work... :D

HBjet
03-04-2003, 08:51 PM
Boatcop:
be alert to anything unusual.Like RasingRascal actually driving his own boat down the river?
Thanks for the post BoatCop!
HBjet