PDA

View Full Version : berk jc

Ralph Brunt
03-21-2006, 06:40 PM
i would like to know how good are the jc pumps i'm trying to buy one for 300.00. and is it worth it to change from a jucuzzi yj or just get the energizer kit. how much will it cost to get the jc set in my boat 76 hawaiian thanx sorry for the newb ??????????? ralph

Duane HTP
03-21-2006, 07:05 PM
If you are adding a lot of HP and intend to go fast, I'd say it's worth changing over to the Berkely style pump. If it's a mild motor, I think it would be money better spent to go with the enigizer kit.

El Prosecutor
03-21-2006, 07:46 PM
i would like to know how good are the jc pumps i'm trying to buy one for 300.00. and is it worth it to change from a jucuzzi yj or just get the energizer kit. how much will it cost to get the jc set in my boat 76 hawaiian thanx sorry for the newb ??????????? ralph
If it is in good shape $300 sounds like a good price. An impeller and repair kit costs more than that. Do you know anything about the size of the impeller and the condition of the pump?

Cas
03-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Ralph,
I have a jc in real good shape that I'm thinking about selling also but Duane is right. The energizer kit can really perk that pump up.

Ralph Brunt
03-21-2006, 08:04 PM
that's what ive heard about the engerizer but ive got about 600 hp or so going in the boat so that means ss impeller 750 bucks more than the 1700 for the pump wonder how much to set the berk thanx guys ralph