PDA

View Full Version : Being ready for the season

Mandelon
03-15-2003, 08:24 PM
Here's a link the the Coast Guard required safety equipment. Depending on the size of your boat you have to have certain items..... PFD's, a horn, flares, Fire Extinguishers, etc.....
http://www.uscgboating.org/safety/fed_reqs/landing.htm
Like the Boy Scouts say..Be Prepared. :cool:

sidewound
03-15-2003, 10:16 PM
Very cool Mandelon. An actual saftey oriented post and not one reply. I need all the help I can get. Peace Man
CESAR

MJ19
03-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Knowing the legal requirements for boating is as important as understanding the rules of the road for driving. I wonder how many people think you should have to have a driving license to drive a boat...not a regular license, but a boat driving license?
I passed the boating safety test with flying colors. (hey boatcop...can I get a free t-shirt for that?) wink :D
[ March 15, 2003, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: MJ19 ]

Rexone
03-15-2003, 10:33 PM
by the way we carry all that shiznit if anyone needs :)

sidewound
03-15-2003, 10:38 PM
Rexone,
I have found that the first aid kit can come in very handy for repairs. Bandaids Rock Dude. Peace Man
CESAR

Kindsvater Flat
03-15-2003, 10:40 PM
I always stop by the sheriffs office and let them inpsect before I even start the season. There is always something that I'm forgeting and its easier to find out in town and get whats missing. Also better than cutting the day short for missing safety equipment.

gigamurph
03-15-2003, 11:07 PM
MJ19:
Knowing the legal requirements for boating is as important as understanding the rules of the road for driving. I wonder how many people think you should have to have a driving license to drive a boat...not a regular license, but a boat driving license?
I passed the boating safety test with flying colors. (hey boatcop...can I get a free t-shirt for that?) wink :D Hey MJ19! I too passed the Boating Safety Course with a 96%. Hey! Gimme a break! Who the h**l goes whitewater rafting anyways? Did ya get a 100% or what? Way to go girl and congrats! BTW; what did Miller get?
:D

MJ19
03-15-2003, 11:34 PM
gigamurph:
Hey MJ19! I too passed the Boating Safety Course with a 96%. Hey! Gimme a break! Who the h**l goes whitewater rafting anyways? Did ya get a 100% or what? Way to go girl and congrats! BTW; what did Miller get?
:D We both got 100% (I cheated off his paper) Actually they give you that book with the test, so you can look up most of the answers. :D

gigamurph
03-17-2003, 11:35 PM
MJ19:
gigamurph:
Hey MJ19! I too passed the Boating Safety Course with a 96%. Hey! Gimme a break! Who the h**l goes whitewater rafting anyways? Did ya get a 100% or what? Way to go girl and congrats! BTW; what did Miller get?
:D We both got 100% (I cheated off his paper) Actually they give you that book with the test, so you can look up most of the answers. :D Uh....congratulations? Yeah, they give ya the book but I practiced the "Honor System" and took the test without using it. Not bad for an old guy;'eh? Like I said; "Who the h**l goes whitewater raftin' anyways?"....and you guys thought that I'd only be certified by the USDA! Fooled ya; didn't I?
:p

MJ19
03-17-2003, 11:49 PM
gigamurph:
Uh....congratulations? Yeah, they give ya the book but I practiced the "Honor System" and took the test without using it. Not bad for an old guy;'eh? Like I said; "Who the h**l goes whitewater raftin' anyways?"....and you guys thought that I'd only be certified by the USDA! Fooled ya; didn't I?
:p It was an open book...not my fault you didn't hear the teacher announce that :p :D